NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91371"]#1[/ame]

Please continue here...

Thanks to everyone that took time to send the e-mails, I think we got it all taken care of.

please add/correct/whatever to this
-----------------------------------

0300 per barb (mhp person) a person was seen on video walking from Shaniya's house to the trash can where a feces coated blanket was found on that same day, later on in the investigation by LE

0330ish neighbor, who owns trash can, is awoken by a beating sound on/around her home

somewhere in here either before or after 0300/no time yet known a witness (could be camera or person) sees the Coe leave the mhp with the child. media reports quote LE as saying he was a person of interest from the start and interviewed over and over with conflicting stories from both he and the mother. He is alleged by barb to be the boyfriend of the mother and lives two miles away at the home of his mother but was in the trailer at the time of the the police report per media reports.

0530 mother states she puts the child on the couch

0630ish mother notes her child is missing and

0653 mother calls LE who responds to the trailer. Later that night S's father is reported to be flying in to the area. DFS and drug raid info surfaces as well as reports that the mother was previously denied ability to rent a mobile home in the park. It is leased to her sister. Custody was said to have bounced around between the parents.

wednesday: the search continues and information continues to surface about the mother and the above. Mother, Boyfriend and others are continually questioned.

2300 wednesday: reports that the boyfriend has been arrested on kidnapping charges. Still no child.

thursday 1430: boyfriend is charged with first degree kidnapping, a class C felony, assigned a public defender and given a 2 December court date. Bond is set. Still no sign of S. Media states they are trying to get mother to come on camera to make emotional plea. LE states that the drug raid was not related to this group of people

Just wanted to bring this over, so I am not misunderstood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleangel [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4424399#post4424399"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
And housing communities with brick homes donot do checks either. Why should mobile home parks, this is a NONISSUE anyways.
THIS IS ABOUT SHANIYA!!!!

Ummm, I don't know about that. Most at least check rental and credit history. Regardless, I am not saying that people who live in mhp are bad. I am saying that some bad people may gravitate toward some of them because of the lack of background and credit checks. Really? Chill out.

One of the observations I've made regarding discussing this case (and some others) has to do with putting down people of low SES or who live in trailer parks/trailers, whether nice trailer parks or not-so-cared-for trailers. I think we should remember that here on the web, we have no idea who is behind that other screen name. I am sure there are many folks on here from low SES and/or who live in trailers who have not been bold enough to speak up. I have extended family living in trailers and who are very low on the SES ladder. And they are some of the most loving and giving people I know.

As far as criminal behavior and low SES, that has been disputed and researched time and time again. I wish I had more journals at my fingertips but I do not, so I googled it and came up with the following abstract:

ABSTRACT: Theories of crime/deviance are examined to determine how strongly the popular, but now controversial, hypothesis of a negative class/crime association is rooted in theory. This review of eight theories shows that none actually provides an adequate rationale for predicting such a relationship. It is found that the theories lead to a negative class/crime hypothesis only by addition of external assumptions, most of which are embodiments of preconceived notions about the lower class. Thus, the
scientific status of the class/crime hypothesis is further challenged. Possible
explanations for the persistence of a belief in a negative association between class and crime, despite problematic empirical evidence and theoretical inadequacy, are suggested.

from Social Class and Criminal Behavior:
A Critique of the Theoretical Foundation
CHARLES R. TITTLE
Florida Atlantic University
Social Forces, Vol. 62, 1983

There's more research out there somewhere, as I recall from my graduate studies while working on my PhD in psychology. I am now a psychologist but as a busy working mom, I don't have time at the moment to go dig them up - lol! But I hope this helps dispel the myth somewhat. I hope I'm not bringing up a subject that will cause more disharmony, but I felt compelled to say something. It's no fun to be stereotyped.

Just came to peek in, hoping for good news.............
but none yet.........no Shaniya.........poor baby!

swanniee11

Did I hear correct ( or am I making this up as I go along) that Antwanette applied for a mobile home 1st and she was turned down, then the sister Brenda applied? I do recall the landlord (davenport) said she does background checks etc. She's even keeping an eye on the SO's making sure they are up to date with their registeries and all they need to do. I'm sure this is because she was a former investigator. I also have to commend her on putting 4 video cameras in the park as well. She didn't have to do that and its very expensive. Soooo, although I agree with everyone's thoughts on location, nature/nurture etc etc. I think this landlord had her act together a heck of alot more then others do. IMO

This is what was reported last night on Prime News by Michele Sigona when she spoke with the Park Manager.

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant.

The mobile home park that I lived in didn't do background checks. I don't know of any of them around here that do.
The manufactured communities are a different stoy, they are like HOA's.
That said, there are some wonderful people in the trailer parks around here, but they do draw the more low income inhabitants. But lower income doesn't always mean "bad" or "criminal". I an say that the lady across the street that has been talking on the news seems like a good person. I can say her emotion when she told of knowing that blanket was in her trash was real, IMO.

This is what was reported last night on Prime News by Michele Sigona when she spoke with the Park Manager.

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant.

Thanks, Patty. I'm a bit confused about the children involved. Antoinette has a 5 year old daughter - Shaniya - does she also have a 5 year old son? Or did the MHP manager confuse the gender of Shaniya and label her "a son?" Or does Shaniya have a twin brother? Is there a 5 year old boy, in addition to the 7 year old boy we've heard about? I'm really confused.

Has there been any word on if LE have searched underneath the neighbors trailer for the little girls body? I mean if they put the little girls blanket in the trash can? I just find it completely random that her blanket was placed there and it makes me wonder if they could have discarded her body underneath the home too. If siding was lose it is possible IMO that he could put her there and the neighbor not hear it.

I think someone confused 5 years old with 7 years old. But I have nothing to back it up.

One of the observations I've made regarding discussing this case (and some others) has to do with putting down people of low SES or who live in trailer parks/trailers, whether nice trailer parks or not-so-cared-for trailers.
(SNIP)

There's more research out there somewhere, as I recall from my graduate studies while working on my PhD in psychology. I am now a psychologist but as a busy working mom, I don't have time at the moment to go dig them up - lol! But I hope this helps dispel the myth somewhat. I hope I'm not bringing up a subject that will cause more disharmony, but I felt compelled to say something. It's no fun to be stereotyped.

I'm glad you spoke up. I wrote a response in the last thread and then I was told it was locked when I hit reply. (I hate when that happens!)

I see that the person who stirred the pot with this nonsense has been thrown off of the site, so I won't bother to retype it all. I will just point out that when bragging about being a major in psychology it helps lend cred to your argument if you bother to learn the difference between correlation and causation before posting. Sheesh!

I hope LE has recovered and are processing the vehicle this little one was last seen in..

Has there been any word on if LE have searched underneath the neighbors trailer for the little girls body? I mean if they put the little girls blanket in the trash can? I just find it completely random that her blanket was placed there and it makes me wonder if they could have discarded her body underneath the home too. If siding was lose it is possible IMO that he could put her there and the neighbor not hear it.

I think the suspect was seen leaving with her in his car. reason for the arrest.

Please forgive me if this news and video link has been posted previously.

http://news14.com/charlotte-news-10...ade-in-missing-girl-case--child-still-missing

"Fayetteville police have arrested Clarence Coe in connection with the disappearance of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, who is still missing. Neighbors say they're glad an arrest has been made, but they're still concerned about the girl's safety.

“The investigation has led us to Clarence Coe,” Theresa Chance, of the Fayetteville Police Department, said. “Interviews and various things that we have done so far, Clarence Coe, the reason he was charged with kidnapping is he is the subject that was identified as transporting Shaniya out of the trailer park.”"

Thanks, Patty. I'm a bit confused about the children involved. Antoinette has a 5 year old daughter - Shaniya - does she also have a 5 year old son? Or did the MHP manager confuse the gender of Shaniya and label her "a son?" Or does Shaniya have a twin brother? Is there a 5 year old boy, in addition to the 7 year old boy we've heard about? I'm really confused.

Antoinette has Shaniya, a son and "possibly" this infant. I am not 100% sure who this infant belongs too!

I wonder if this infant belongs to Antoinette's sister, especially since it has been reported that Shaniya's brother is under the wings of Children and Family Services.

This info comes from Prime News Part 2 for today; soon to be uploaded.

I have a question....

The blanket was found that same day she went missing so if they brought a cadaver dog out and searched around the trailer would it hit on her dead scent? I mean can they hit on decomp right away?

I think the suspect was seen leaving with her in his car. reason for the arrest.

Do you know what time he was seen leaving with her b.c he could have dropped the blanket in the trash after killing her and still have dumped her body underneath the trailer.

I'm wondering to myself...Could we have been wrong about the mother???
If she was indeed the one he beat and went to prison over, she would have let him back in? Maybe she is like so many other women who always believe they will change.
They think they love them too much to let them go, but when something goes down, I'm sure they are terrified.
Just thinking outloud.

ETA: I'm in no way defending mother's actions one way or the other. Even if she is totally innocent in Shaniya's disappearance, she is still guilty of bringing this "man" into her life. (if this is mom's bf)

I don't think we were wrong. There are some women who feel that they must have a man no matter what.

There is no way three adults and other children in a home of that size did not know what happened to this girl. That it took so long to break this suggests to me that the mother didn't cave. I can understand the mother not ratting out the boyfriend because that always happens, but there's some serious dysfunction when the third adult doesn't say anything. I doubt that three people killed this girl, even if the others stood by doing nothing.

I'm guessing that when you have two children, and live with another adult and child in a trailer full of raw sewage, the man willing to move in you is not going to be the cream of the romantic crop.

When I heard the HIV thing, I was hoping that he had not told the mother of his status, so perhaps that would finally turn her against him and maybe lead to additional charges. But we haven't heard anything along those lines, and it sounds like she knew and didn't care. I'd bet dollars to donuts that she's infected if he is. And it will be a twist worthy of Law & Order if they find remains and can prove that the girl was positive.

I'd like to think that this girl was raised by a mother who cared for her, and I hope that it's true, but so far I'm not seeing it.

Do you know what time he was seen leaving with her b.c he could have dropped the blanket in the trash after killing her and still have dumped her body underneath the trailer.

No time given for leaving the MHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member