1130 users online (285 members and 845 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874

    "Cash" for Lindsey

    Local or not.. please come join us November 27 and 28th at Rounders in McCleary.

    Last edited by JenniferO; 11-13-2009 at 01:00 AM.

  2. #2
    McCleary is offline Still searching for the elusive grouse...
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    269
    Is the money being donated to the search center or family?

  3. #3
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    By the looks of the flyer it's for "finding Lindsey" so I'm assuming it's the search center. Don't quote me on that as I have nothing to do with any of it so I could be mistaken.

    OK, according to the website (http://findlindseybaum.com/) it is going to the search center.
    Dan Whyms will be performing his renowned Tribute to Johnny Cash night on Nvember 27th and 28th. The name of the event is "Cash For Lindsey," there is a $5 cover charge that will go to support the Lindsey Baum Search center. Please check the blog for more info. on the event, times and location!
    Last edited by JenniferO; 11-13-2009 at 02:05 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by McCleary View Post
    Is the money being donated to the search center or family?
    Solely for the search centers fund for food, fliers, hired services (search related) etc. Just as a heads up because I know it is important for many to know- You will never see a fundraiser held that is in anyway associated/promoted by or with the search center that will be used for more than 1 purpose which should always be stated. Should you ever run across something that varies from this please notify one of the core members as it is a misprint and needs to be fixed.

    example:

    If the fundraiser says search = then 100% goes towards the search fund
    Reward = 100% towards the reward fund
    Family = 100% towards the family

    the only time that this will ever not stand true is if money or items are directly donated and asked to be doled out differently by the donor.
    Last edited by LookN4Lindsey; 11-13-2009 at 03:41 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    You will never see a fundraiser held that is in anyway associated/promoted by or with the search center that will be used for more than 1 purpose which should always be stated. Should you ever run across something that varies from this please notify one of the core members as it is a misprint and needs to be fixed.

    example:

    If the fundraiser says search = then 100% goes towards the search fund
    Reward = 100% towards the reward fund
    Family = 100% towards the family

    the only time that this will ever not stand true is if money or items are directly donated and asked to be doled out differently by the donor.[/QUOTE]

    (Snipped to add space for ??)

    OK, now I'm really confused b/c the advertisement states this fundraiser is for the Lindsey Baum Family so that particular fundraiser's proceeds go to the family or the search center?

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

  6. #6
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    Novice Seeker, where are you seeing that it says it goes "to the family". The flyer I posted above says "All proceeds from this show will be donated to finding Lindsey Baum".

    That flyer is from the person/s putting on the show. It looks to me like they are planning on it going into the search center fund.

    http://www.limitedcashproductions.net/rounders.html
    Last edited by JenniferO; 11-13-2009 at 11:34 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    Novice Seeker, where are you seeing that it says it goes "to the family". The flyer I posted above says "All proceeds from this show will be donated to finding Lindsey Baum".

    That flyer is from the person/s putting on the show. It looks to me like they are planning on it going into the search center fund.

    http://www.limitedcashproductions.net/rounders.html
    Not sure, but if I'm not mistaken the sign drawn on the windows of Rounders may be giving the impression of it going to the family. I don't know if that is what the other poster was referring to or not.

    OT - Wish I could go, this singer and band are really good!

  8. #8
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    I haven't seen the sign at Rounders (I'll look tomorrow) but I'm thinking that they probably figure that MB is funding the search center herself so the money goes to her.
    In reality it will be taken to the bank and deposited in the search fund account. MB will not have access to the funds at any point.
    It is 100% for the search center.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Hi, I wasn't going to interject but have to say I am so glad this benefit is on the schedule, and in my mind Lindsey and concerns for her being found are what it is all about.

    I used to be concerned about the one account opened by MM that was for the benefit of Lindsey's mom. It was because I didn't think it was strictly regulated like it should be, friend to friend, cash given from MM's business and then resolved with the account, etc. I read that in a post from MM.

    Today I give God's grace to Lindsey's mom out of due respect. Her world stopped when Lindsey disappeared. It is traditional for the family to be taken care of by their community when tragedy strikes. MB was a newcomer to McCleary and might have not been shown the regards long term residents would have received.

    If and when something changes and the facts show any complicity on her part in a crime I will of course feel differently. I hope that is not the case. So be what may, I say let the government regulate the accounts and let's hope there will be a huge turnout Thanksgiving weekend. It is really all about Lindsey. xox
    Last edited by scandi; 11-14-2009 at 01:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice Seeker View Post

    OK, now I'm really confused b/c the advertisement states this fundraiser is for the Lindsey Baum Family so that particular fundraiser's proceeds go to the family or the search center?

    Novice Seeker
    Thanks for pointing that out - Actually we have seen what was written on Rounders window and have asked for that to be changed so as to not cause confusion. Not sure if it has been changed yet or not but the request was put in. As I stated before though - anything that shows for anything more than 1 purpose is a MISPRINT (unless for the reason(s) stated previously)- the proceeds DO NOT go to the family. But thank you for pointing it out so that it could be addressed!
    Last edited by LookN4Lindsey; 11-14-2009 at 02:23 AM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    I haven't seen the sign at Rounders (I'll look tomorrow) but I'm thinking that they probably figure that MB is funding the search center herself so the money goes to her.
    In reality it will be taken to the bank and deposited in the search fund account. MB will not have access to the funds at any point.
    It is 100% for the search center.


    I was referring to what is actually written on the window of the establishment that will be hosting the event which states for the family. Considering all the unanswered questions and suspicions around the other 3 accounts and now this fundraiser which it's not clear as to exactly where the money will go, the reality, to me, is a fundraiser is taking place to which the proceeds will go toward are unclear. But, that's my opinion.

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice Seeker View Post
    I was referring to what is actually written on the window of the establishment that will be hosting the event which states for the family. Considering all the unanswered questions and suspicions around the other 3 accounts and now this fundraiser which it's not clear as to exactly where the money will go, the reality, to me, is a fundraiser is taking place to which the proceeds will go toward are unclear. But, that's my opinion.

    Novice Seeker

    I'm not familiar with the "unanswered" questions but as for the fundraiser itself this is my two cents: they may have something quoted on the window of the place where the event is to be held however the actual people holding the event to my knowledge have clearly stated that it is for the search.
    Last edited by LookN4Lindsey; 11-16-2009 at 06:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by LookN4Lindsey View Post
    I'm not familiar with the "unanswered" questions but as for the fundraiser itself this is my two cents: they may have something quoted on the window of the place where the event is to be held however the actual people holding the event to my knowledge have clearly stated that it is for the search.

    By actual people holding the event does that also include the establishment where the fundraiser will be held? Just wondering why there is a contradiction about this event. It's things just like this that takes away credibility of something which alters one's participation.

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    482
    It's unfortunate the family continues to walk on eggshells. As if 1-2 people a day showing up on the weekends isn't (bad) enough. We cannot post a fund raising event w/out taking a swing three posts later. Very inappropriate.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by jvk View Post
    It's unfortunate the family continues to walk on eggshells. As if 1-2 people a day showing up on the weekends isn't (bad) enough. We cannot post a fund raising event w/out taking a swing three posts later. Very inappropriate.


    Seeking clarification about the upcoming fundraiser and its purpose is inappropriate? Considering no one seems interested in clearing up all the issues regarding donation money, how much money went into what account, who are the listed individuals on the accounts and how money has been spent, seeking clarification about a fundraiser that has listed two different receives of such money seems to be an appropriate and reasonable question to ask.

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe FL - Amethyst "Amy" Lindsey, 16, Fort Myers, 8 February 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  4. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  5. Lindsey Baum "important"
    By onamission7304 in forum Lindsey Baum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 07:12 PM