"Cash" for Lindsey

JenniferO

Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
Reaction score
Local or not.. please come join us November 27 and 28th at Rounders in McCleary.

RoundersPoster.jpg

Is the money being donated to the search center or family?

By the looks of the flyer it's for "finding Lindsey" so I'm assuming it's the search center. Don't quote me on that as I have nothing to do with any of it so I could be mistaken.

OK, according to the website (http://findlindseybaum.com/) it is going to the search center.
Dan Whyms will be performing his renowned Tribute to Johnny Cash night on Nvember 27th and 28th. The name of the event is "Cash For Lindsey," there is a $5 cover charge that will go to support the Lindsey Baum Search center. Please check the blog for more info. on the event, times and location!

Is the money being donated to the search center or family?

Solely for the search centers fund for food, fliers, hired services (search related) etc. Just as a heads up because I know it is important for many to know- You will never see a fundraiser held that is in anyway associated/promoted by or with the search center that will be used for more than 1 purpose which should always be stated. Should you ever run across something that varies from this please notify one of the core members as it is a misprint and needs to be fixed.

example:

If the fundraiser says search = then 100% goes towards the search fund
Reward = 100% towards the reward fund
Family = 100% towards the family

the only time that this will ever not stand true is if money or items are directly donated and asked to be doled out differently by the donor.

You will never see a fundraiser held that is in anyway associated/promoted by or with the search center that will be used for more than 1 purpose which should always be stated. Should you ever run across something that varies from this please notify one of the core members as it is a misprint and needs to be fixed.

example:

If the fundraiser says search = then 100% goes towards the search fund
Reward = 100% towards the reward fund
Family = 100% towards the family

the only time that this will ever not stand true is if money or items are directly donated and asked to be doled out differently by the donor.[/QUOTE]

(Snipped to add space for ??)

OK, now I'm really confused b/c the advertisement states this fundraiser is for the Lindsey Baum Family so that particular fundraiser's proceeds go to the family or the search center?

Novice Seeker

Novice Seeker, where are you seeing that it says it goes "to the family". The flyer I posted above says "All proceeds from this show will be donated to finding Lindsey Baum".

That flyer is from the person/s putting on the show. It looks to me like they are planning on it going into the search center fund.

http://www.limitedcashproductions.net/rounders.html

Novice Seeker, where are you seeing that it says it goes "to the family". The flyer I posted above says "All proceeds from this show will be donated to finding Lindsey Baum".

That flyer is from the person/s putting on the show. It looks to me like they are planning on it going into the search center fund.

http://www.limitedcashproductions.net/rounders.html

Not sure, but if I'm not mistaken the sign drawn on the windows of Rounders may be giving the impression of it going to the family. I don't know if that is what the other poster was referring to or not.

OT - Wish I could go, this singer and band are really good! :cool:

I haven't seen the sign at Rounders (I'll look tomorrow) but I'm thinking that they probably figure that MB is funding the search center herself so the money goes to her.
In reality it will be taken to the bank and deposited in the search fund account. MB will not have access to the funds at any point.
It is 100% for the search center.

Hi, I wasn't going to interject but have to say I am so glad this benefit is on the schedule, and in my mind Lindsey and concerns for her being found are what it is all about.

I used to be concerned about the one account opened by MM that was for the benefit of Lindsey's mom. It was because I didn't think it was strictly regulated like it should be, friend to friend, cash given from MM's business and then resolved with the account, etc. I read that in a post from MM.

Today I give God's grace to Lindsey's mom out of due respect. Her world stopped when Lindsey disappeared. It is traditional for the family to be taken care of by their community when tragedy strikes. MB was a newcomer to McCleary and might have not been shown the regards long term residents would have received.

If and when something changes and the facts show any complicity on her part in a crime I will of course feel differently. I hope that is not the case. So be what may, I say let the government regulate the accounts and let's hope there will be a huge turnout Thanksgiving weekend. It is really all about Lindsey. xox

OK, now I'm really confused b/c the advertisement states this fundraiser is for the Lindsey Baum Family so that particular fundraiser's proceeds go to the family or the search center?

Novice Seeker

Thanks for pointing that out - Actually we have seen what was written on Rounders window and have asked for that to be changed so as to not cause confusion. Not sure if it has been changed yet or not but the request was put in. As I stated before though - anything that shows for anything more than 1 purpose is a MISPRINT (unless for the reason(s) stated previously)- the proceeds DO NOT go to the family. But thank you for pointing it out so that it could be addressed!

I haven't seen the sign at Rounders (I'll look tomorrow) but I'm thinking that they probably figure that MB is funding the search center herself so the money goes to her.
In reality it will be taken to the bank and deposited in the search fund account. MB will not have access to the funds at any point.
It is 100% for the search center.

I was referring to what is actually written on the window of the establishment that will be hosting the event which states for the family. Considering all the unanswered questions and suspicions around the other 3 accounts and now this fundraiser which it's not clear as to exactly where the money will go, the reality, to me, is a fundraiser is taking place to which the proceeds will go toward are unclear. But, that's my opinion.

Novice Seeker

I was referring to what is actually written on the window of the establishment that will be hosting the event which states for the family. Considering all the unanswered questions and suspicions around the other 3 accounts and now this fundraiser which it's not clear as to exactly where the money will go, the reality, to me, is a fundraiser is taking place to which the proceeds will go toward are unclear. But, that's my opinion.

Novice Seeker

I'm not familiar with the "unanswered" questions but as for the fundraiser itself this is my two cents: they may have something quoted on the window of the place where the event is to be held however the actual people holding the event to my knowledge have clearly stated that it is for the search.

I'm not familiar with the "unanswered" questions but as for the fundraiser itself this is my two cents: they may have something quoted on the window of the place where the event is to be held however the actual people holding the event to my knowledge have clearly stated that it is for the search.

By actual people holding the event does that also include the establishment where the fundraiser will be held? Just wondering why there is a contradiction about this event. It's things just like this that takes away credibility of something which alters one's participation.

Novice Seeker

It's unfortunate the family continues to walk on eggshells. As if 1-2 people a day showing up on the weekends isn't (bad) enough. We cannot post a fund raising event w/out taking a swing three posts later. Very inappropriate.

It's unfortunate the family continues to walk on eggshells. As if 1-2 people a day showing up on the weekends isn't (bad) enough. We cannot post a fund raising event w/out taking a swing three posts later. Very inappropriate.

Seeking clarification about the upcoming fundraiser and its purpose is inappropriate? Considering no one seems interested in clearing up all the issues regarding donation money, how much money went into what account, who are the listed individuals on the accounts and how money has been spent, seeking clarification about a fundraiser that has listed two different receives of such money seems to be an appropriate and reasonable question to ask.

Novice Seeker

Novice Seeker, We appreciate you bringing it to our attention that Rounders had a misleading sign in it's window. You will be happy to know that it's been changed to read correctly.

I am sitting here and can not stop crying thinking about what this poor baby Shaniya went through. If a child can not trust their mother who can they trust???? Mom needs to be dead!!!
As you all know I am involved in the search for Lindsey Baum and as I am sitting here I find myself getting angrier and angrier about Lindsey. Where are the 300 people we need to help us find this baby? I know you all must be aware of the weather up in Washington and how it is changing day to day for the worst. We have to find Lindsey there is going to come a time when we can not go out and search even though there is still so many areas that we the searchers have not been able to get to. I am begging for people in the entire state of Washington to come to the center in McCleary Washington to sign up and help us find Lindsey. We need to bring her home!! What I want to say is Shame on you the citizens of Washington and most of the town of McCleary for not helping us search for Lindsey. Also I want to say shame on you Washington media for not putting Lindsey out there more and our plea for searchers. Searching for Lindsey is not about her mother, her brother or how you may or may not feel about the family this is about a little girl named Lindsey Baum who at the very least deserves to be searched for, found and brought home to her family. Please once again I am begging for help in searching for Lindsey. I plan on being up in Washington the rest of this week pounding the areas that need our attention before it is covered with snow. Rain or shine some of us will be out searching all week!! I will be up there Tuesday and for how ever long it takes.

On A Mission

This is not related to Cash for Lindsey but I want to put it on every thread regarding Lindsey!

I've grown a little tired of a certain set beating the donation drum like a birther movement

Novice:

I can only assume you are planning on donating. Given your concern, I will address your donation (publicly). There will be no confusion as to the amount, where the money goes, what it is spent on, and who it came from (you)

If you had no plan of donating one might question your motivation.

Of course, no ones' questioning that..

I apologize in advance for this posting and I hope that I have not overstepped my bounds. I know that I am frustrated but hopefully my point was able to make it through.

Novice Seeker: No that does not include "the establishment" it includes the people in charge of putting together an event- Just because you have a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese does not mean that they have a "personal role" in your event outside of that happens to be where it is being held.

I am not sure why you always seem to be trying to add twists where the family and funding is concerned - but that is your prerogative and one you fully have the right to. We see how the family lives and what they drive and how they survive, we see the mom showing up every weekend, struggling, constantly trying to piece things together - if and when we choose to hold a fundraiser for "the family" we will happily and rightly inform all of the fact that a fundraiser is being held for "the family", as I've previously stated.

As for the event being held on the 27th and 28th it is to raise funds for the "search" for Lindsey.

Some may not like how we run our searches, where we choose to search, who the family is, the fact that we need donations or even who we are etc etc. But being a voice that deters people from wanting to help is the exact reason why Lindsey's reward has not been updated or is stagnant at an amount that is "not likely" to make someone come forward. With the few donations the reward fund has received we are still unable to update a new reward.

We have had a few caring and generous people make donations to the search fund and they should take pride in knowing that they have helped to keep the search center open and running thus far. A search entails a lot more then simply posting online that there will be a search then tromping through the woods - it requires, time, posters, fliers, food, advertising, a building, electricity, supplies etc etc.

I challenge those who are truly concerned about how the money is being used to show up at the search center see how the funds are utilized and help us search for Lindsey.

Asking for money is never an easy task. I haven't seen a case where suspicion doesn't arise when that happens. However, it takes money to do just about anything anymore. And when volunteers come out, it is nice to make things more comfortable for them. The money they spend in time alone can never be replaced.

There are so many people who abuse money that it makes it impossible for people to always be trusted who handle money. Does that mean no one should donate? Does that mean raising needed funds for the search for a precious child should end?

If a person isn't comfortable with the way the money is handled, then don't donate. Go out there anyway and search using your own money, if that makes you feel more comfortable.

I once donated to a search in the Caylee case and later found out the person I gave the money to was a fraud. Still, I donated what I could afford and I did it with the best intentions so I am not sorry that I did. Sometimes we have to remember where our heart was at the time and I believe God honors our hearts when they are trusting and willing to do the right thing.

Those who are handling the donations may want to provide records as to where the money is being spent just to alleviate the fears of the unknown. And if there is a lawful requirement to the donations, of course that will need to be met.

My thanks to all searchers and volunteers! I am humbled by your sacrifice!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back