1087 users online (182 members and 905 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    405

    Jon Benet Books

    Hi Guys, I was wondering if anybody can recommend some books on the muder of Jon Benet? What you've read and liked or didn't like.
    Thanks for your help

    Oceanbreeze

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,058
    Start with "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" by Lawrence Schiller, for an unbiased look at the whole case.

    Then read "JonBenet - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas, which will fill you in on exactly why this case was never, and will never, be solved.

    You can skip the book of excuses the Ramseys wrote unless you're into fiction.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    405
    Thanks Shylock!
    I've been lurking in here and have seen quite a few opinions on who people think did it.
    I need to be more informed so I can add in my two cents.
    This case has always baffled me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    91
    Bookcloseouts.com has Perfect Murder Perfect Town for $4.99 (Hardcover US funds). I paid $40.00 for PMPT and now it's reduced to $4.99

    http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/disp...sf=T&pagenum=1

    The Steve Thomas book is also $4.99 for Hardcover

    http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/disp...sf=T&pagenum=1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Shylock
    Start with "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" by Lawrence Schiller, for an unbiased look at the whole case.

    Then read "JonBenet - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas, which will fill you in on exactly why this case was never, and will never, be solved.

    You can skip the book of excuses the Ramseys wrote unless you're into fiction.
    Ditto, ditto and ditto.

    Additionally... iIf you're interested in medical analysis, read Dr. Cyril Wecht's book Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?, and if you're interested in psychological analysis, read Dr. Andrew Hodges' books A Mother Gone Bad and Who Will Speak for JonBenet?
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Death Of Innocence.

    The Psalms.

    The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, book, play and movie.

    Red Dragon and Silence of The Lambs.

    Anatomy of Motive. Mind Hunter.

    I Hate You, Don't Leave Me - Understanding the Borderline Personality.
    Last edited by BrotherMoon; 06-26-2004 at 04:03 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,058
    LOL BrotherMoon, you sure you don't want to throw "Alice In Wonderland" into that list? Maybe Oceanbreeze would like to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes!....

  8. #8

    good reading sources

    Don't restrict your reading to books, consider the internet a book without a last page. This site even has transcripts of interviews and almost anytime anyone case related opened their mouths.

    http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

    Newspaper coverage has been overwhelming and is another good place to start.

    http://www.kenpolzin.com/jbr/jbrindex.html

    Another good book not mentioned is 'JONBENET: THE POLICE FILES'. It's the Ramsey's actual words from police interviews.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    405
    Thanks everyone, you're all a wealth of knowledge...you too BrotherMoon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    Read the Ramsey's own book, 'Death of Innocence' also. I heard poster after poster say reading the Ramsey's book convinced them, the Ramsey were hiding something to do with JonBenet's murder.

    For a good laugh...read about the JonBenet foundation and SHOES in DOI, then read John's current campaign promises.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    797

    Doi

    Quote Originally Posted by Show Me
    Read the Ramsey's own book, 'Death of Innocence' also. I heard poster after poster say reading the Ramsey's book convinced them, the Ramsey were hiding something to do with JonBenet's murder.
    If you're going to read the others, DOI is a good book for balance. Keep in mind that the Ramseys used it to counter the negative PR that followed them. They used it as a forum to tell their story, but also to respond to things said about them by the BPD, the media, and some commentators.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Shylock
    LOL BrotherMoon, you sure you don't want to throw "Alice In Wonderland" into that list? Maybe Oceanbreeze would like to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes!....
    That reminds me, add The Matrix trilogy. Alice is good too, for just about everything, even the Ramsey case.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by vicktor
    If you're going to read the others, DOI is a good book for balance. Keep in mind that the Ramseys used it to counter the negative PR that followed them. They used it as a forum to tell their story, but also to respond to things said about them by the BPD, the media, and some commentators.
    Thick as Brick. They used it as white wash.

    v, you disappoint.

    Do you have any sense of the irony in posting on this forum with your choice of hat?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanbreeze
    Thanks everyone, you're all a wealth of knowledge...you too BrotherMoon.
    You have little idea of the wealth.