981 users online (157 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    Artessia, I didn't realize that one had to be connected personally to this case to voice an opinion on it. I guess that means you're working for the D.A. or the New Haven police, if you already think Clark committed murder. Or do you believe in innocent until proven guilty like I do?
    I ABSOLUTELY believe in innocent until proven guilty. I ALSO believe in being logical and not arguing that a zebra could possibly have pink polka dots when the evidence shows it is a striped zebra

And furthermore, I based my post on the collection of your many posts...And the questions asked of you. I also made specific mention of the aspects that I appreciated from your posts.

After a while though- it seemingly was above and beyond arguing pink polka dots

And I will say this also... Because of your posts- I am now leaning toward Clark having had help.... However, I still think you have a very precise motive and determination behind your particular postings and the particular "straws" you were beating to death... JMO though... nothing more...
    Last edited by Artessia; 02-06-2010 at 02:11 AM.

I'm glad you are able to see through some of the evidence or at least see that Clark couldn't have acted alone.

Chanler and I are going in circles because we both have differing views on the writing of the affidavits, the semantics of what is written, and what is really required to illustrate that Clark could have done this.

There is nothing wrong with having different viewpoints. I don't question people's motives for thinking he's guilty, why should you feel compelled to question my motives for thinking he didn't do it?

No striped or polka dotted zebras in this case because nobody saw a zebra, yet they're trying to prove one was there because they found a zebra hair.
    Last edited by Shlock Homes; 02-06-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artessia View Post

OR you could be a novice legal assistant striving to stretch any shred of that which could be barely deemed reasonable- in the interest of gathering any angle that you believe could substantiate a sliver of reasonable doubt...
    This is one possibility that I have thought all along....

I agree that court is where things will be worked out in more detail. In the meantime, you could say that an innocent man is stuck behind bars while a killer is walking around free, maybe even taking credit for Annie's research.
    With this last statement, Mr. Homes is pointing the finger at someone on Annie's research team, perhaps even her advisor. The other possible reason that Mr. Homes is so vehemently, and adamantly twisting and ignoring evidence that connects Clark (and only Clark) to Annie's murder, is that he possibly has a vested interested, or some illogical deep-seeded personal reason or bias, for wanting the perpetrator to be someone connected to Annie's research.

I'm curious as to whom Mr Homes wants to be implicated for the murder and on what grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by MWright View Post
    This is one possibility that I have thought all along....

With this last statement, Mr. Homes is pointing the finger at someone on Annie's research team, perhaps even her advisor. The other possible reason that Mr. Homes is so vehemently, and adamantly twisting and ignoring evidence that connects Clark (and only Clark) to Annie's murder, is that he possibly has a vested interested, or some illogical deep-seeded personal reason or bias, for wanting the perpetrator to be someone connected to Annie's research.

I'm curious as to whom Mr Homes wants to be implicated for the murder and on what grounds?
    I don't know who should be implicated, they haven't presented all of the card swipes, nor have they indicated whose DNA was found on the lab coat. I also feel that the missing notebook is an important clue as to the motive for her death, but that's just me. I'm allowed to have an opinion.

The point I've been trying to make is that the evidence in the warrant doesn't show beyond a reason of a doubt that Clark committed murder. Yet most people have made up their minds he's guilty and anyone who disagrees is with that point of view is accused of being related or connected to Clark.

I do suspect that the evidence connecting him to the murder is flimsy, and that the purpose of releasing these warrants may be to prevent Clark from receiving a fair trial. Strangely, the lawyers for Clark have not put up much of a fight, but that might be part of their strategy. They might have enough of an alibi for Clark that shows he did not have the time or means to commit murder within the period they suspect he did it. Card swipes does not equal murder.
    Last edited by Shlock Homes; 03-31-2010 at 10:59 PM.

I don't know who should be implicated, they haven't presented all of the card swipes, nor have they indicated whose DNA was found on the lab coat. I also feel that the missing notebook is an important clue as to the motive for her death, but that's just me. I'm allowed to have an opinion.

The point I've been trying to make is that the evidence in the warrant doesn't show beyond a reason of a doubt that Clark committed murder. Yet most people have made up their minds he's guilty and anyone who disagrees is with that point of view is accused of being related or connected to Clark.

I do suspect that the evidence connecting him to the murder is flimsy, and that the purpose of releasing these warrants may be to prevent Clark from receiving a fair trial. Strangely, the lawyers for Clark have not put up much of a fight, but that might be part of their strategy. They might have enough of an alibi for Clark that shows he did not have the time or means to commit murder within the period they suspect he did it. Card swipes does not equal murder.
    Hi, Schlock. As you have surmised, I don't think that you have any personal connection with the case.

Several small points:

1. People are not innocent until they are proven guilty. (If they were, WebSleuths would not exist.) What the law says is that in a court of law, there is a presumption of innocence by jurors during the trial.

2. I honestly don't think that the evidence can be described accurately as flimsy. I've been following trials for decades and I would wager that most prosecutors would relinquish their wisdom teeth for evidence this impressive.

3. The prosecution argued against the release of the warrants; as did the defense. It was the press that petitioned for their being made public. There is no reason to imagine that this is part of some nefarious plot to prevent a fair trial.
    Last edited by Chanler; 04-01-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10