MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-kidd-mohler-111309,0,1591058.story

According to authorities, Kidd was arrested on a tip to the TIPS Hotline. Officials would not go into detail over the circumstances of his arrest or his release, only saying that he is cooperating with the investigation.

I believe it is completely unethical to release the name of a possible suspect until there is solid evidence. This is like a witch hunt and you can bet a defense attorney will be all over this. This man's name is now on the internet associated with a horrible crime forever.

I think the police have a case here, it is just a matter of getting their ducks in a row. And they may have to play nicey nice with some suspects to do just that!

Anyways. Like I said, it seems like the police have a case, and they need to get there ducks in a row. Playing nicey nice with suspects.

I'm trying to get back on track. I'm still confused. I think Fairy stated that Darrel Mohler was in court yesterday and that the press were incorrect. I'm really confused, sorry. I thought that both Darrel and Merrill Clark were present. Yes or no?

Am I correct that Darrel has now been arrested?

I'm trying to get back on track. I'm still confused. I think Fairy stated that Darrel Mohler was in court yesterday and that the press were incorrect. I'm really confused, sorry. I thought that both Darrel and Merrill Clark were present. Yes or no?

Am I correct that Darrel has now been arrested?

From what I read, the only family member in court was a cousin. Darrell, the brother of Sr, was arrested.

Darrel Wayne Mohler, 72, of Silver Springs, Fla., was charged in Lafayette County, Mo., with two counts of forcible rape stemming from 1986, according to court documents. He was in custody Friday night at the Marion County Jail in Ocala, Fla., according to Kim Krause with the jail's classifications division

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21610219/detail.html

Anyways. Like I said, it seems like the police have a case, and they need to get there ducks in a row. Playing nicey nice with suspects.

If Kidd were a suspect, he'd be sitting in the pokey. Police do not play nice with rapists. Detectives bring suspects in for questioning and let me go if they don't have enough evidence. Broadcasting their name prior to questioning is plain wrong and any of us would be outraged if this happened to someone we knew. This is the basis of our justice system.

I believe there were serious crimes committed but one-day arrests will hurt the entire case as the credibility of the police will be questioned.

From what I read, the only family member in court was a cousin. Darrell, the brother of Sr, was arrested.

This is what I read also, Ada. But, iirc, Fairy1 had some different information. I was going to ask her for a link or explanation before we were so rudely interrupted.

So... I will ask now - Fairy - was it you that thought the brother was in court and the media mis-reported? If so, could you link the info?

Thanks,

Salem

I have heard of SEVERAL suspects being release. For instance Casey Anthony. She was released, to hang herself. Another that comes to mind is the FLDS folks. Another that comes to mind is the guy that stabbed the college football player in Connecticut. They detained him, then released him, and re arrested him for murder. So it does happen!

I'm surprised that some seem to think Kidd's name should not have been released. Names of POI's have been released in many, many of the cases we follow here. It is not unusual at all.

Salem

Authorities have identified additional victims and have seven adults in custody.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=377040

They said Kidd was not charged but then they say they have seven in custody. That would HAVE to include KIDD.

They're a little confused, or the media is.

Anyway, it seems as if the case is moving forward.

Let's just see what 'shakes out.'

JMHO
fran

PS......for now,..............I BELIEVE the victims.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...ged-Cousin-Speaks/6d7-_cV-NEWorf2BpuTnWw.cspx

"He said that this made him sick to his stomach," said Merrill Clark, a first cousin of Darrel Mohler. "He said that it's awful and all of that stuff. So, it's hard. It makes it really super hard to believe that he knew about this."

Mohler's cousin also said Darrell is a Navy man currently suffering from asbestos poisoning. Also, Darrel is in the process of a divorce. His cousin claims Darrell was living in Florida at the time of his alleged crimes."

I look at Darrel's court records in FL earlier today and saw the divorce filing. But I assumed it was a relative as family parenting was mentioned. Strange.

Whose the 7th??? I only count 6.

Can't tell from the article. I'm thinking sloppy reporting. I think they counted Kidd and then forgot to subtract him when he was released? Unless LE actually has someone we don't know about?

Also, this is not directed at your post Paximus, just some additional thoughts - in the probable cause statement for DM, it appears that 2 of the children are speaking out against this man. I also think the main accuser (for lack of a better word) is NOT the original child that started the process. The paper does not exactly say that, but it seems to be different and it does NOT talk about repressed memories.

Just something to think about,

Salem

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...ged-Cousin-Speaks/6d7-_cV-NEWorf2BpuTnWw.cspx

"He said that this made him sick to his stomach," said Merrill Clark, a first cousin of Darrel Mohler. "He said that it's awful and all of that stuff. So, it's hard. It makes it really super hard to believe that he knew about this."

Mohler's cousin also said Darrell is a Navy man currently suffering from asbestos poisoning. Also, Darrel is in the process of a divorce. His cousin claims Darrell was living in Florida at the time of his alleged crimes."

I look at Darrel's court records in FL earlier today and saw the divorce filing. But I assumed it was a relative as family parenting was mentioned. Strange.

How many times have we heard that the alleged perp, was sick to his stomach because of the allegations that he had against him??? Doesn't make him any less guilty imo! Just seems to me they are looking for sympathy and trying to make us feel sorry for him, rather then the alleged victim!

I just wish we had some physical evidence, some jars or bodies. Just to get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk