UK UK - Elizabeth Swann, 23, Birmingham England, 1974

kitbits

9 Lives and holding
Reaction score
polywog found this link from an apparent family member who is looking for her:

http://www.missing-you.net/people/elizabeth-swann-113820.php

And I also found a journalist's blog that mentions her & some comments with speculation that she could have been a victim of Fred & Rosemary West, which is one of my personal theories:

http://elleeseymour.com/2007/07/03/the-missing-elizabeth-swann/

The Wests was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the words "hitchiking" and "Gloucester":furious:

Hey Kitbit, good that you started a thread about poor Elizabeth Swann!
I have just read about the Wests: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West
It is chilling, and it seems very likely that she could have been a victim.

I am wondering if it's kosher to contact Vanessa Swann to tell her about this thread? Just a thought. The articles about ES's disappearance aren't detailed as to what's been done already in the search, like if they tried looking in Australia, or whether she could have run away (sounds unlikely, but who knows?).

Hi, badhorsie & polywog...

Yes badhorsie, that was the first thing that popped into my head, too...& then when I recently watched a prog on the Crime & Investigation channel, they interviewed the woman who luckily escaped them. That's how she had met them in the first place. They offered her a ride & of course, she thought, oh a nice couple, it should be ok :( Well, if I recollect, it was around the same time that Elizabeth went missing...definitely early-mid 70s.

polywog, thank you for urging me :)

I was wondering exactly the same about Vanessa. I shall ask an admin for an opinion...it's a good idea!

both...in addition to the evil Wests, I've been lately thinking about that evil Peter Tobin...badhorsie, you'll know--he's the one that killed that poor Polish girl, Angelika Kluk, in Glasgow in 2006 & that subsequently they've linked to the disppearance/murder of Vicky Hamilton & now he's to be tried in the murder of Dinah McNicol. I was watching, I think Scottish BBC News a couple of weeks ago & authorities are now thinking he might have been a serial killer in Glasgow in the late 1960s dubbed 'Bible John'. here's a link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1760235.ece

His ex-wife said that they met in a Glasgow dancehall, which is mentioned...he used to go there often. And she said he was violent towards her.

Who knows what else he's responsible for, but if he really did start in the 60s, I wouldn't be surprised if he's linked to more throughout the decades.

Missing in 1974 at age 23, makes her around 58 at present.

thumbnail.aspx

I'd like to know if there is DNA in CODIS. Dentals. Exact Bday. Scars, tattoos, piercings, broken bones, any operations.

I rec'd a post on my profile about contacting family. If they are posting in public I see know reason why not ask them such questions or IMO best bet is call investigating agency, see what can be found out.

thumbnail.aspx

I'd like to know if there is DNA in CODIS. Dentals. Exact Bday. Scars, tattoos, piercings, broken bones, any operations.

I rec'd a post on my profile about contacting family. If they are posting in public I see know reason why not ask them such questions or IMO best bet is call investigating agency, see what can be found out.

Thanks, Christine--I will send out enquiries over the next few days.

thumbnail.aspx

That's great Kitbits, let us know what happened...
BTW I had a bad hitchhiking experience in 1979 and wondered lately about the Wests, but it was only a man in the van, He!! did I get out and run:furious:

That's great Kitbits, let us know what happened...
BTW I had a bad hitchhiking experience in 1979 and wondered lately about the Wests, but it was only a man in the van, He!! did I get out and run:furious:

will do, badhorsie...and eeeeeeeeee! glad you did, there are loads of baddies out there. i did too...a couple of times in 79/80, but in the US...man, can't believe how stupid i was. we are 2 very lucky souls!

ok, I've sent a reply via that website to Vanessa, but haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep you all posted!

well...my message to Vanessa bounced back & the reason given is a full mailbox. I don't know if it means her email inbox or her account mailbox. Regardless, it makes me think that she has received a fair few responses about Elizabeth. hmmmmm :waitasec:

There is an appeal going on re. Peter Tobin--badhorsie, you may have seen it on Crimewatch or in the news. Anyway, I'm going to send them a comment re. Elizabeth Swann. Not sure where Tobin was in 74, but he was not in jail & he might have been in the Midlands, who knows. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. Here is the site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/appeals/2009/12/peter_tobin.shtml

Please let me know if you hear anything, The Tobin case disturbs me no end...

hi, badhorsie...haven't heard a peep about this :(

Did you see that they are now looking into the possiblity that he was linked to a paedophile ring??? :furious: Husband told me that yesterday...haven't had a chance to read up on it. Been so busy with work & all sorts.

I expect we will be hearing bits and pieces in the coming months. I'll keep a look out & definitely let everyone know!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back