Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91371"]#1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91492"]#3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91517"]#4[/ame]

Please Continue...

(just posted at end of other thread so I'm bringing my post over here... )

Would it be considered uncharacteristic for a predator to take a child victim to a motel room? IMO, yes, but I dunno...

The whole case seems odd. What are the chances that...

1- the blanket w/feces just happens to be thrown away the same time this child disappears

2- the mom just happens to put her down on the living room couch the night/morning she disappears when Coe said he's never seen her out there (if either one of these statements is true)

3- someone would kidnap a child and then go to a hotel in the same area

4- mcneil took her by chance b/c moment of opportunity

This was planned. More than one person is involved. Someone inside that trailer KNEW it was going to happen - mom/sister/bf --- someone. Mcneil just didn't randomly decide to take this child, imho. If he was there and was leaving and just decided to take her, then he would've been mentioned much earlier and Coe would not have been arrested. LE would've said "MAMc was in the home and we believe he is POI", etc, etc. Never said.

Either he was not in the home and Coe took the child to him then went to his stepmother's. Or, Mcneil took this child as part of a plan. I don't think Mcneil took her for himself.

Either she's with maternal extended family, or she's been sold/traded... I really hope it's the former and not the latter.

This is my first post but I have been following this forum and trying to join since I first heard about this case.

I have read a lot about Shaniya living with her mom for the past 3 weeks and there has been a lot of speculation as to why the Dad would have allowed this etc. But i think that its possible that maybe Shaniya wasn't living with dad either....maybe she was staying with a grandparent or in foster care. Maybe it wasn't Dad who made the choice to let Shaniya go to live with mom...or maybe because Shaniya wasn't living with him and he was busy with work he was encouraged that she had a job and place to live and hopeful, so he didn't object to Mom taking her from where she was previously staying.

Maybe she wasn't really close to either parent...
:Welcome-12-june:
Maybe it had become inconvenient as of late for her to live with her dad. I'm not bashing the poor man. People make errors in judgment. He is clearly shattered, and my heart aches for him.

respectfully snipped

I don't think the blanket and the poo is anything more than the sewage back up in the trailer.
That's my thought, as well.

I'm not trying to bait anyone - but my gut feeling is this is a family issue that is escalated by race issues.

I think your gut's been talking to mine. Unfortunately, family/racial issues might explain only why she came to live with the mother. Her departure might be the result of something far worse.

I hardly slept a wink thinking about Coe's words. This is an instance when an audio statement is so valuable. Wish we had one.

Nancy Grace

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz5GXETnsqg"]YouTube- Nancy 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xom_DVWTN4"]YouTube- Nancy 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebm9pb1ktQI"]YouTube- Nancy 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 3[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ14ixvgca4"]YouTube- Nancy 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 4[/ame]

Transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/13/ng.01.html

:Welcome-12-june:
Maybe it had become inconvenient as of late for her to live with her dad. I'm not bashing the poor man. People make errors in judgment. He is clearly shattered, and my heart aches for him.

respectfully snipped

That's my thought, as well.

I think your gut's been talking to mine. Unfortunately, family/racial issues might explain only why she came to live with the mother. Her departure might be the result of something far worse.

I hardly slept a wink thinking about Coe's words. This is an instance when an audio statement is so valuable. Wish we had one.

BBM
Bessie, I was wondering if you can direct me to a place where I can see what Coe has said about this? I have been following this but have missed anything from him since his release.?

(just posted at end of other thread so I'm bringing my post over here... )

The whole case seems odd. What are the chances that...

1- the blanket w/feces just happens to be thrown away the same time this child disappears

2- the mom just happens to put her down on the living room couch the night/morning she disappears when Coe said he's never seen her out there (if either one of these statements is true)

3- someone would kidnap a child and then go to a hotel in the same area

4- mcneil took her by chance b/c moment of opportunity

This was planned. More than one person is involved. Someone inside that trailer KNEW it was going to happen - mom/sister/bf --- someone. Mcneil just didn't randomly decide to take this child, imho. If he was there and was leaving and just decided to take her, then he would've been mentioned much earlier and Coe would not have been arrested. LE would've said "MAMc was in the home and we believe he is POI", etc, etc. Never said.

Either he was not in the home and Coe took the child to him then went to his stepmother's. Or, Mcneil took this child as part of a plan. I don't think Mcneil took her for himself.

Either she's with maternal extended family, or she's been sold/traded... I really hope it's the former and not the latter.

I think that 1 is a real possibility, but probably not. If there was an overflow and she was gone for the immediate long term, using the blanket would be an easy way to clean it up. It should be obvious from the condition of the blanket and the amount of waste on the blanket.

2 and 4 can be dismissed because of the mother's changing story and the fact that the Aunt has not come forward either with a true account of what happened to the girl. No need to lie to cover 2 or 4 up unless you chose to cover.

3 makes sense if you buy my theory that making the 911 call was not part of the plan. (Or at least it was not the plan to call before Shaniya was in place at her destination and all involved had secured alibis for the alleged time of her disappearance - but I think that less likely.) I don't think that they planned to alert LE of her disappearance and may have hoped that LE would think that her father had taken her. McNeill didn't need to worry about being seen with her because he did not know that she was officially missing at that point, and probably didn't realize that he was on camera. I think the plan was to wait until dad figured out that she was gone and then say "We thought that you took her."

The other thing about this, is that I believe he did check into the hotel because LE does not appear to on to another guest at the hotel. If he was working with someone on the hotel staff, I think that they would have known not to walk in front of the cameras, and it would have been easy to bring her in through a loading dock, or in one of those laundry baskets they use etc. He would not have left with her, which is what some reports indicate.

The timing of the check-in is odd as you mention. He had only been on the road with her for less than an hour after the 911 call, and only a few hours after Moore heard the probable disposal of the blanket. He was a young guy, who should not have been tired that early into the trip. Perhaps he had been up all night involved in the plotting and events leading up to the kidnapping, and maybe some drinking was involved, rendering him sleepy. As I said, I don't think that he believed that LE was looking for him. I think he learned that after checking into the hotel.

Just my current speculation. I am on the fence about whether she is still alive, but leaning strongly towards alive.

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

"In an interview with WRAL News Friday, Coe said he planned to take legal action against police, saying that officers didn't initially tell him why he was being arrested.

“I didn’t get due process. They didn’t even have probable cause to arrest me,” Coe said. “They told me that they had three witnesses that could place me in the neighborhood."

Coe said he was with family members and babysitting his nephew at the time he was accused of driving away from the mobile home park.

While he never lived at the home, Coe said he is the boyfriend of Shaniya's mother. He said he doesn't know McNeill."

"Coe appealed for the return of the girl, who he said calls him daddy.

"Whoever knows where Shaniya is, just do the right thing," he said."

Do we know if dad had custody and when?
The pretty white dress ........was it him that dressed her so pretty?
Was he fighting for more custody?
Did she want to go with her dad?
Just wondering if this was mom/aunts plan to get her there and it went wrong?

Putting a dirty blanket in someone's trash, clothes in park, makes it look like an abduction.........like in other news of missing kids.
BUT, 2 men have been detained, not talking, mom changes story, why bring attention to a sewer filthy home???
Mom should of known by bringing attaention to the living conditions, that she would lose her children!
Because she is beautiful, was she sold???? to a pimp?
Someone has to come forward.
I don't see the 2 men as martyars for a cause..........
This is a planned mess!

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

"In an interview with WRAL News Friday, Coe said he planned to take legal action against police, saying that officers didn't initially tell him why he was being arrested.

“I didn’t get due process. They didn’t even have probable cause to arrest me,” Coe said. “They told me that they had three witnesses that could place me in the neighborhood."

Coe said he was with family members and babysitting his nephew at the time he was accused of driving away from the mobile home park.

While he never lived at the home, Coe said he is the boyfriend of Shaniya's mother. He said he doesn't know McNeill."

"Whoever knows where Shaniya is, just do the right thing," he said."

If it is true what I have read in some posts here that Shaniya has only been staying w/ her mother (and therefore knowing Coe) for 3 short weeks, after living most of her life w/ her father, who seems from the TV interviews to ADORE her....I find it VERY hard to believe that she was calling Coe 'daddy'.

It is nice, however, to see that at least the boyfriend of the mother appeals for the return of the little one....since to my knowledge we haven't seen the mother herself (or aunt or other family member) publicly doing so...?!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

""I'm not an idiot, I'm not stupid, but I feel like I was violated," Coe said. "The whole time I told the detectives I wasn't guilty, they came and talked to my family, they said my family was lying."
When ABC11 Eyewitness News asked Coe what he thought happened to Davis he said he did not know.
"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."
Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.
"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out.""

3 weeks!!! OMG, I thought the Coe/mom relationship was longer, THANKS!
and why didn't he know McNeill? The aunt broke up way before 3 weeks???
So why was MCNeill even at the home?
To see aunt? the infant?
Why was COE accused of 'terroritist' threats on mom that night?
Are we getting more bad journalism? or LE judgement?
Why did dad give her back to mom????
that's odd...........

Just wanted to share a couple of thoughts I had last night...Could they be possible:

If Shaniya had only been there 3 weeks - it was long enough for a male companion (Coe, possibly?) to take an unhealthy interest in the child - McNeill (or someone - aunt?) notices and NEEDS to remove the child from danger (HIV, AIDS - on top of being molested) - this does NOT affect the 7yo boy. (Also may explain why Coe was reportedly SO upset when she couldn't be found?) Whoever does this KNOWs that Shaniya would go back to her dad if the authorities are involved - so don't report it - but choose to deal w/ it on their own.

Wondering why McNeill wouldn't just tell where she's at when confronted by police if she's safe - I think it's because he's been in the system before...he knows he can't just say, she's at _________'s house - you can go get her & then be released. IF he knows that she is safe - there's no reason for him to tell...he's going to sit in jail for a bit anyway - might as well get a lawyer & see what he can do - keeping the child safe at the same time.

I have no idea what is going on with this situation – NONE of it makes any sense. It’s hard to come up with theories for a story that is SO far removed from anything in my life (life is normal w/ a feces ridden home? criminals at every turn? No pleas from mother’s side of family? )

Honestly, I'm just coming up with ideas that make it easier for me to believe that she's okay - this precious little girl has to come home (to dad) safely. After seeing the pics from the hotel - she has to be ok - if she's not, we witnessed photos of her being taken to her demise. I cannot bear that thought – it’s unacceptable.

If Shaniya never slept in the livingroom where did she sleep?
I'd like to see a diagram of the home, 3 bedrooms???

I know this link was posted in the previous thread, but after reading the article again, I thought we should carry it over.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

"Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said. "She was never part of her life."

The girl's parents had never married.

Theresa Chance, a Fayetteville police spokeswoman, said Lockhart has been questioned and ruled out as a suspect."

BBM

That leaves quite a bit of time that she was living elsewhere, do we know where?

"

"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out.""

If they were that close (which I doubt after three weeks), then why does he refer to her as 'the little girl'.

If it is true what I have read in some posts here that Shaniya has only been staying w/ her mother (and therefore knowing Coe) for 3 short weeks, after living most of her life w/ her father, who seems from the TV interviews to ADORE her....I find it VERY hard to believe that she was calling Coe 'daddy'.

It is nice, however, to see that at least the boyfriend of the mother appeals for the return of the little one....since to my knowledge we haven't seen the mother herself (or aunt or other family member) publicly doing so...?!

I could see it easily. The twisted mother clearly has a very deep resentment of her biological father, and probably told her to call Coe that just to be malicious. I don't see Shanyia choosing to do it on her own, but I could see mom telling her to.

If it's true that she had only been there for three weeks, I'm thinking that the maternal family has been stewing over this for years and has probably convinced themselves that he only got to take Shaniya because he was white and had more money, and that they stood no chance of getting her back legitimately.

If it's true that the father is now engaged, I wonder if that was part of the catalyst that sent her back to her mother.

If they were that close (which I doubt after three weeks), then why does he refer to her as 'the little girl'.

I noticed the same thing, his comment shows a complete disconnect. I imagine, if in fact Shaniya did call him Daddy, it was at mom's (or his) insistance.

Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.
"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out."

Another thought... he says every night that HE was there, etc, etc. Maybe he's saying that someone else must've been there and the mom put Shaniya on the couch to be alone with that person. McNeil, maybe?

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but this is a possible scenario:

- McNeil knew mom/sis from dating aunt
- Coe wasn't there, so McNeil came over to hang out (maybe just hang, maybe sex, maybe drugs)
- maybe there was some clean-up of backed-up sewage, using whatever they could grab (Shaniya's blanket), which was then thrown onto the porch to be tossed later
- when it *is* tossed, someone decides - 'this is really gross, let's put it in someone else's bin instead of stinking up ours'
- back to hanging out, only McNeil and someone (mom?) decide to have a tryst
- Shaniya is moved from bedroom to couch (perhaps brother sleeps in room with mom's sis and shaniya sleeps with mom)
- after tryst is over, McNeil leaves and takes Shaniya with him
- maybe mom showers then and really doesn't know... or... she's in on it
- maybe mom didn't tell the complete truth regarding McNeil being there b/c she didn't want Coe to know (she could possibly be the woman he battered and she didn't want that to happen again)

This is all speculation, btw. Just trying to figure what could possibly have taken place.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

""I'm not an idiot, I'm not stupid, but I feel like I was violated," Coe said. "The whole time I told the detectives I wasn't guilty, they came and talked to my family, they said my family was lying."
When ABC11 Eyewitness News asked Coe what he thought happened to Davis he said he did not know.
"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."
"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out.""[/quote]

I stated this last night or in the early am today... Listen to what Coe does not say....He does not say where he saw her or if he saw her there.. Was she kept somewhere else??? in another room another place??? How can you be at a house where a child lives and never see them in the livingroom?

He doesn't think the mother had anything to do with it but feels there might have been some negligence somewhere. Negligence somewhere??If the mother didn't have anything to do with it it must be someone else close to them. I wonder about the Aunt and Mario???

Surely DSS or the Dad knew where Mom was living when she went to live with her. I just wonder if Mom moved as soon as she got Shainya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member