1121 users online (269 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Was Jessie Foster a Victim of Human Trafficking? Her Mother thinks so

http://hazel8500.wordpress.com/2007/...n-trafficking/

Trafficking, Blogs pictures and more

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/trafficking/

Campaign against Human Trafficking Begins in U. S.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...-begins-in-us/
    Last edited by Patience; 11-15-2009 at 01:50 PM.

I'm thankful this is being talked about too. When I talk to my children about child trafficking I always spoke of Thailand. I am really shocked to know what is going on right here. Last nights revelation about Shania being sold and used has just sickened me. It was a shock when I read it because I never expected that. I pray she will be found soon and those guilty will be put away.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

Kimster Thanks for starting this thread !

After the news of Shaniya Davis yesterday I am just in complete and total shock, a huge wake up call to what is in our backyards!

I did more research here for Colorado and it seem human trafficking is rampant here I had know idea.
    It is unfortunate that a case like Shaniya's is the only reason now that I am really aware of how bad it is in our country. I only hope this to be a wake up call for alot of Americans as it is a huge slap in the face for me HUGE!

I hope this thread here at WS will bring more awareness to this Multi Billion Dollar Industry and we can make a difference.

Mystic
    Last edited by mysticrose; 11-15-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Rosa's Story: The High Price Of Human Trafficking
    Share: by CJaye | May 29, 2009 at 05:33 am

This story is no different from other girls, Rosa was 13 years old when her ordeal started. All these girls want is a chance at a better life. It sickens me to hear story after story of the same scenario. This is why I advocate for these children and adults. If you look hard enough you might be amazed at how many cases happen right in your own back yard so to speak.

Her name is Rosa and she was just 13 years old when her life changed forever. She went from being a young waitress in a small Mexican village to being held captive as a prostitute and a slave

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/rosas...an-trafficking
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I just can't find the words to speak about this at this time. I will do all I know to do and pray for the children that are imprisioned and abused.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Belleyes,

You don't know how much I appreciate the time you've taken to explain what has happened to the children that you love and opened your life to help! After my friend told me about his experience (which was THIRTY years ago, so this is NOT NEW you guys!), my first question was "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KIDS"??? Now I know. It sounds like there are a lot of adults out there who were traffickers as kids and don't know enough to come forward!!!

My heart just aches......Let's continue to keep this as an awareness thread as we all try and soak in the truth and then we can start a "what to do" thread when the time is right.

to all the great links the rest of you provided! I love you all so much!

Man Wanted In One Of Country's Largest Human Trafficking Cases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A thread about a man hunt for a man involved in trafficking back in August. I noticed that my comment at the time was pretty generic...I had no idea of the magnitude of trafficking in the US at that time.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

In Ghana, thousands of young girls are given away, not sold, GIVEN as tro-kasis to single men in the area. The belief is that by giving the girls away as fetish slaves (what the term means) they will break their bad luck and gain fortune.

In 1995, former prisoners of WWII finally got people to believe that they were taken from their homes in Japan and forced into comfort houses (brothels) with hundreds of other women to service the soldiers.

Dayna Broussard, beaten to death by her fanatical family at their commune in Oregon in 1991. There were also 53 other children enslaved at the commune. They had all been deprived of food, education and other essentials. The unlucky one was Dayna, she wasn't rescued in time.

I don't know about being sold, never been there. Been given away free, but never sold. But that's already on one thread around here, once is enough.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Marc Klaas is going to be here on Tuesday for a live Chat. KlaasKids is a group that is front and center in the battle of human trafficking.

Tuesday 7:00 PM Pacific 10: PM Eastern.

Here are the instructions for the chat.

Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Sadly, while we as a society have failed to adequately register the importance of family on our children, those who prey on young people understand it all too well. According to a study conducted through the University of Pennsylvania, 75% of known child prostitutes work for pimps, who are adept at creating a pseudo-family environment by promising money, love and affection to children coming from dysfunctional homes who are seeking care and nourishment. These sexual predators then strip these children of whatever money they make and severely abuse them in order to establish a relationship of dependency.

So where does this leave the thousands of young people forced to sell themselves for sex every day just to survive to see the next day?

There are few cut-and-dried solutions. We can continue to throw money at the government -- with its task forces, sting operations and initiatives -- and comfort ourselves that something is being done. We can continue to give money to our churches and synagogues in the hopes that they will do something, perhaps by focusing on the inner cities and offering counseling and assistance to these cast-off children. We can even contact our representatives and insist that they get tough on crime by showing "no leniency" to sexual predators.

However, until each of us gets serious about this crisis, until we all start doing our part to target the underlying societal causes -- poverty, drug abuse and dysfunctional family units -- the gains will continue to be minimal. And tragically, it will be the children who pay the price for our neglect.
    <snipped>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w..._b_115348.html

Let's be sure we are ready for the chat with Marc Klaas tomorrow!!! He's been working on creating public awareness to this issue for quite awhile and I'm anticipating that his information will be invaluable.

belleyes is offline LOOK I learned how to type a user title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Sadly, while we as a society have failed to adequately register the importance of family on our children, those who prey on young people understand it all too well. According to a study conducted through the University of Pennsylvania, 75% of known child prostitutes work for pimps, who are adept at creating a pseudo-family environment by promising money, love and affection to children coming from dysfunctional homes who are seeking care and nourishment. These sexual predators then strip these children of whatever money they make and severely abuse them in order to establish a relationship of dependency.

So where does this leave the thousands of young people forced to sell themselves for sex every day just to survive to see the next day?

There are few cut-and-dried solutions. We can continue to throw money at the government -- with its task forces, sting operations and initiatives -- and comfort ourselves that something is being done. We can continue to give money to our churches and synagogues in the hopes that they will do something, perhaps by focusing on the inner cities and offering counseling and assistance to these cast-off children. We can even contact our representatives and insist that they get tough on crime by showing "no leniency" to sexual predators.

However, until each of us gets serious about this crisis, until we all start doing our part to target the underlying societal causes -- poverty, drug abuse and dysfunctional family units -- the gains will continue to be minimal. And tragically, it will be the children who pay the price for our neglect.
    <snipped>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w..._b_115348.html
    WOW thats powerful --thank you
    princess - daughter of The King

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Let's be sure we are ready for the chat with Marc Klaas tomorrow!!! He's been working on creating public awareness to this issue for quite awhile and I'm anticipating that his information will be invaluable.
    Kimster, I started a thread on something like this in The Political Pavilion last April. I didn't get very far with it ... maybe now, with Klaas getting involved in putting pressure on the FCC, it will spark more interest in people...especially those with children. My great country of America leads the world in human trafficking. We're supposed to have sooo much money, but if that's true, why aren't us citizens protected and aware? We give free medical to anybody that steps foot in a hospital, even if they aren't citizens, but our children can;t even go outside unprotected anymore. When I was going to college at FSU 20 years ago, I was taught to glance under my car before approachment, just in case somebody was waiting underneath to slice my ankles & kidnap me or steal my car. It's far worse now. Cuba & South America are just a hop skip & jump away from us, where our American $$$ is worth so much more to them than it is to us in the USA. I'll supply my quotes from my Cuban Embargo & Sex Trafficking thread next. Love you for starting this and while I don;t like what your friend did with regards to drugs, I applaud him for turning his life around and sharing his experience so that we may all learn & be informed from his mistakes. I send many prayers his way. Please relay that.

Jersey
    Last edited by Jersey*Girl; 11-16-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Marc Klaas is going to be here on Tuesday for a live Chat. KlaasKids is a group that is front and center in the battle of human trafficking.

Tuesday 7:00 PM Pacific 10: PM Eastern.

Here are the instructions for the chat.

Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Thank you, Tricia. I'm going to try my hardest to be here. If I can't, at least I can try to supply whatever I can drum up. I love Klaas! I'm saddened by the FCC and our government's lack of concern. I understand that terrorism is at the forefront right now, but don;t they freaking understand that human (especially child) trafficking & prostitution is a HUGE money maker worldwide and it's so easy to launder those funds...filtering to whatever group they wish to fund? Certainly the US govt knows this, so the big question is why won't they do more about it? It's unacceptable to me for them to say they're working on it and just b/c we don't see everything they're doing doesn't mean they aren't trying to make a dent in it. All this talk of Russia, China, & Germany being at the top behooves me when all the info I find shows my wonderful country of America is the leader of the pact. Come on Obama - do something. Help these innocent victims!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast