836 users online (160 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Would you correct the autopsy report?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - the autopsy report is correct

1 25.00%
  • Yes - the autopsy report should be corrected

3 75.00%

Would you 'correct' the autopsy report?

Do you think the autopsy report was wrong, incomplete or inaccurate? And how would you 'correct' it if you could?

Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Do you think the autopsy report was wrong, incomplete or inaccurate? And how would you 'correct' it if you could?
    I'm not sure why you are asking this, HOTYH. I mean, not being a pathologist, I wouldn't presume to correct it and I have to assume that his clinical impressions were correct. I'm also pretty sure that Dr Meyer actually admitted to having kept certain things vague since he expected to be going to court pretty quickly. Someone else may recall more about this? Could use some more polling options.

If I could have two wishes, though, they would be that the TOD tests had been done and that Trujillo had selected the other body finger-printing technique.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I would correct it. There were others present at the autopsy apart from Coroner Mayer, and they heard him make comments about a sexual assault with respect to the vaginal injuries. He commented that his findings were consistent with a digital penetration. These comments were not put in the report and they should have been. This was a CHILD MURDER. ANYTHING having to do with a possible sexual assault in conjunction with her death should have been stated in the report.
    Mayer's failure to do a more thorough job in determining a TOD when first encountering the body cannot be repaired, but his failure to state in the autopsy the complete findings that were directly related to circumstances of her death AND their possible cause is not only baffling but a bit suspect.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I have a question.Dunno where I read that only parts of the report were released.Is it true?TIA
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    I would correct it. There were others present at the autopsy apart from Coroner Mayer, and they heard him make comments about a sexual assault with respect to the vaginal injuries. He commented that his findings were consistent with a digital penetration. These comments were not put in the report and they should have been. This was a CHILD MURDER. ANYTHING having to do with a possible sexual assault in conjunction with her death should have been stated in the report.
    Mayer's failure to do a more thorough job in determining a TOD when first encountering the body cannot be repaired, but his failure to state in the autopsy the complete findings that were directly related to circumstances of her death AND their possible cause is not only baffling but a bit suspect.
    ITA.I am more upset with his failure re the COD.Would have changed everything IMO.
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

IMO he handled it badly, TOD should be imperitive, missing the head wound until dissection, using contaminated scraper for the nails, not determining the postion of the body with regards to the staining on the underwear, not explaining if the strangulation or head injury came first....................

Everybody agreed back then that they need the body for more tests but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,the DA people who wanted to please the Ramsey's said helllllllllllp,they wanna ransom the boooooooooooddyyyyyyyyy!!

DISGUSTING.

You know,I perfectly understand the Ramsey's and their attorneys.Two guilty people and their lawyers.Makes sense why they acted like they did.

But the DA people? I would be ASHAMED.They were (and still are it seems) a DISGRACE.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    Everybody agreed back then that they need the body for more tests but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,the DA people who wanted to please the Ramsey's said helllllllllllp,they wanna ransom the boooooooooooddyyyyyyyyy!!

DISGUSTING.

You know,I perfectly understand the Ramsey's and their attorneys.Two guilty people and their lawyers.Makes sense why they acted like they did.

But the DA people? I would be ASHAMED.They were (and still are it seems) a DISGRACE.
    madeleine, I applaud every word of that.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    madeleine, I applaud every word of that.
    What Dave said...

You're on stellar form at the moment..
    Last edited by Sophie; 11-16-2009 at 05:30 PM.

I think I read that Dr Meyer had retired. His being deliberately vague will be especially unhelpful if he pops his clogs before the case comes to trial...

So, in fact, yes, I think the report should be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I think I read that Dr Meyer had retired. His being deliberately vague will be especially unhelpful if he pops his clogs before the case comes to trial...

So, in fact, yes, I think the report should be corrected.
    I was just thinking about that. Now that he's stepping down, who knows what he might reveal?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

I was just thinking about that. Now that he's stepping down, who knows what he might reveal?

That's a point! I mean, I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but his reasons for not doing the standard TOD tests and for spending so little time with the body certainly could use some clarification.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I doubt he'll reveal anything- unless he really needs the $$$. He doesn't have what it takes to be a hero.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post

DISGUSTING.
    ITA! this was a child murder.I think that's the whiniest line I've ever heard!! the spin started veryyy earlyyyyy on.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57