794 users online (86 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Can I do this from England? My Dad was a Long Haul Trucker, I agree, they are our eyes and ears on the roads...
    Absolutely. Do not hesitate.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

~E-mail sent~ Will send link to all friends and family in my address book.

E-mail sent. Thanks for posting this.

Sent my email, posted the info in the Victoria Stafford thread, and on another major site where members are concerned about missing children. Will be contacting Jessie Foster's mom (who has email addys that would sink a ship).

Thought it was such an excellent suggestion in chat last nite about the Teamsters Union, so hoping someone can find a contact there to disseminate the link. Another suggestion would be the National Education Association (3.2 million members). Anyone have any ideas for contacts there? Also AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).

Craigslist certainly comes to mind, but I'm going to put more thought into that (don't want bunch of freaks emailing Marc with nonsense). Am trying to contact someone there (arghhhh) to see if a post of this nature would or would not be allowed on Craiglist.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 11-18-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: changed and added some info

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

i sent him a letter but i have no idea if he got it he hasnt replied

Most members have their favorite threads, and don't mosey around the board as much as others. It's only been 24 hrs, so I think it's going to take a bit more time for the word to get out.

Tricia, I don't know if this is possible for your webmaster to do easily, but at the top of this page is your "CALL TO ACTION" notice. If that could be placed in RED at the top of each forum/thread, maybe it could help. Also, I'm not very tech-savvy, but there might even be a way of intercepting the member log-in feature with a message.

Right now, we're a pretty small crew in this thread, but maybe we could each take X number of threads to post the info with specific wording and a link to Marc's page. Let me know if and how I/we can help.

PS: I emailed Jessie Foster's mom, Glendene and have asked her to send the info out to her multitiude of contacts. Also have posted the info and link on the AMW message forum (sorry if it's a competitor, but can't hurt).

Oh God !! I just realized how many threads we have here at WS ... would take an army I guess. Now you know why I'm sillybilly.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 11-19-2009 at 02:05 AM.

Sent one and DH sent too, yesterday. No response yet, but assume it went throught.
    Maybe .......your post can be sent oover to individual threads by us somehow a couple of times a day???
    Come on folks, let us take some action NOW!!!!!
    Thanks

In chat on Tuesday night, I offered to put together some wording that could be used in emails to the FCC. I am working on this, but found I needed additional information from Klaaskids before writing such an email.

The information I am looking for is exactly when truckers would have access to the cable tv - just while resting or also while driving? How long the proposal has been stuck at the FCC? If the FCC has ever released Notices for Public Comment or taken ANY action on the proposal?

If anyone else here has already looked into these things, I would appreciate any info you can provide. I have tried to research this proposal on the FCC site, but I have not been able to come up with anything concrete yet.

TIA,

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?
    Tricia - ask Marc for patience. With all the computer gliches at the airports going on right now, little attention will be paid to us anyway. If we can get responses out by tomorrow or over the weekend, I think it will be good.

Second - I, personally need more info. I have sent Klaaskids an email and am waiting for a response. I'm one of those people that want to know what song is playing before I jump on the band wagon.

Third - I support Marc in his efforts to get this to happen! I want a tv station where we can have actual stories of the missing, and unidentified as much, if not more, than many, many others. I'm behind him all the way. That means I want and need info. I want any messages I send to the FCC to be helpful and to sound like I know what I am talking about.

And you can send him this email if you want

Salem

First, I am not a trucker and there are not a lot of "Flying J's" in southern CA.

Here is what I read from Marc's site:

The U.S. Department of Transportation requires America’s 2-million long haul truck drivers to spend 10-hours or more per day resting. Flying J provides a variety of vital services to long haul truckers making it a popular and viable rest destination. However, one service that truck drivers have never been able to access is basic television service. Clarity has proposed to provide 70 channels of television programming – local stations, national cable and satellite channels, and its own specially originated program channels to entertain and inform long haul truckers during federally mandated rest stops.
    The bold by me.

Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?

Thanks

Don't ban me Tricia

I did a short blitz in today's Missing/Located threads. If anything, peeps will read just to find out who the idiot is that's spamming the board.

I still trust that WSrs will come through, and agree that it is just going to take a bit more time for the word to get around

I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!

eta; I don't have microsoft outlook on my home computer, is there another link he can add? The button that's on there now is not going to work for me. thanks!!
    Last edited by indicat; 11-19-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indicat View Post
    I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!
    I agree indicat. WSrs aren't just a bunch of slackers, but it may take a few days for word to get around. I tried to blitz the most active threads and have to go out this aft, but will keep posting the message over the next few days unless Tricia gives me a smack and tells me to cool my jets for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by sniperacer View Post
    Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?
    My understanding is they don't have TV now and this will provide 70 channels free, with the default channel being the missing kids channel.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast