712 users online (122 members and 590 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #19

Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: broken links

If A. Coan and Diena were there before 5, they would have verified that CPerry (the boyfriend) arrived when he said he did.

A. Coan did not file the missing person report. I'm trying to think of the name but will have to go to my link to find it.

The reporting officer was C.D. Hickey.
    Last edited by Noway; 11-16-2009 at 12:55 AM.

West and Hickey. One of them is the Detective.

Bringing this over from end of previous thread...

Quote Originally Posted by New1 View Post
    If PC got to DT's house at 5:30, wouldn't DT and the policeman have been at DT's house by or before then? If so, what would be the reason that PC took ST twin with him to look for somer and didn't take the other kids? And isn't it not normal MO from LE not to let anyone leave while the questioning is going on? I'm getting so tired, I don't think my post is making sense.

It sounded like PC got there first before LE and DT and she was only a few blocks away when she flagged down the office and they went to her house. I read someone that DT and the office went immediately to DT's house after she flagged him down. And why didn't he take the 10 year old daughter too?

I thought it was customary for LE not to let the family do the searching, especially while they were all being questioned.
    Maybe to avoid being questioned...
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

Wouldn't it be nice to have LE give us all the info about who was where between 3 and 5:30?

I'll go to bed and dream that when I wake up tomorrow, they will have decided to release some of this information ... and while I'm at it, I'll dream we get a subforum.

I think this was just a girl who hadn't come home from school yet. IIRC, they kept telling Diena they would find her and she was probably fine and was at someone's house.

That was in one of the Diena videos.

Goodnight everyone!

So if PC arrived at the home @ 5 pm and then left with ST jr. LE interviewed DT, then SP, then PC, AT and CS, friend that LE came across while searching Grove Park

Thank you all for your great sleuthing and brainstorming. MommaD really inspired everyone with her early morning posts urging us to rehash! Thank you MommaD!!!

I'm glad I decided to join WS. I want you all to know that you're top-notch! I appreciate how everyone is respectful and caring. Even when difficult things need to be said, they are said with compassion, consideration, and caution. That's important. It helps to create a safe environment where ideas can be exchanged and explored. You should all be proud of yourselves!

I have to call it a night. I would like to post further comments about the "tells" that I mentioned in the previous thread, but right now I'm drained and tired. I need to do something that is nurturing, so that tomorrow I can hopefully have something worthwhile to contribute.

Take care, everyone!
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Video: Somers Day in Orange Park - Nov 15

Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

I think Somer's Day should be the day LE arrests the person/s responsible for her murder.

Does this RASP group know something we don't ie sexual predator?

I try to refrain from judging DT based on marriages, boyfriends, friends, her job, what others are saying, etc.

That said, I've been troubled by her public appearances from the start. Nothing I can put a finger on, just troubled with some aspect of it.
    Then I watched the Dr. Phil show on predators. DT was on with her attorney, as were the parents of the missing college student from VA, they did not have an attorney by their side.
    I watched their (parents of missing college student) demeanor as they spoke of their missing daughter. She hasn't been found. They are still looking for any clue as to where she may be or what may have happened to her.
    -granted these are two different situations, age differences in the daughters disappearing are substantial (one a college student, one in elem. school), but both somebody's daughter.
    Then I watch DT speak. She has the peace (if you want to call it that) of being able to bury her daughter. She knows exactly where her daughter is. It is tragic but I would think there would be some peace in being able to bury your child instead of the big unknown.
    As I watched the two families discuss their daughters, it hit me. The distraught parents from VA were just that. Distraught, desperately seeking answers to their daughters disappearance, putting info out about THEIR DAUGHTER that may help someone bring in a tip to find her.
    DT spoke of HER hate mail, she spoke of HER guilt, HER doing the best she can, you get the point. It was all about HER.

I have questioned the need for DT to hire an entertainment attorney to sit by her side at these interviews, and posters keep stating reasons that is a perfectly good and normal thing to do.
    The parents of the missing girl in VA did not have an attorney at their side and they did just fine.
    I think when parents take certain steps in the immediate days after their child disappears it may alter the public's perception of the situation. And yes, imo, hiring an entertainment attorney is one of those things.
    It makes you step back and say hmmmmm.
    Especially when interviewed right before of after another grieving family who hasn't.

Granted I don't know if the other family does have an entertainment lawyer, but I do know if they did have one, they didn't have them by their side to display to the public.
    Last edited by SharetheLight; 11-16-2009 at 01:34 AM.
    Children don't stop dancing

I hear you Share. Funny isn't it, that the Parents of missing Va. Teen appear to be financial able to hire a Atty, He is a Dr. I believe.

I think that DT and SP may have met for lunch about the oldest son. I mention it because it seems none of these kids had sufficient supervision imo. And when I think about little Somer wandering around on her own at only 7 yrs old, I can only imagine what kind of things the oldest son may have been up to at his age. So, it's very possible he was becoming more than a handful and DT sought out SP for some help...just a thought. He might have even been causing problems with the younger kids, we don't know. Could be an explanation for her asking SP to stay till they got home from school...if he did stay until then.

But I have a hard time seeing how any kid would be responsible for Somer's disappearance and murder, only because most kids would have a hard time keeping quiet about it this long, but again, jmo.

Now w/regard to another older daughter that's just been brought to my/our attention, I can see why DT hasn't mentioned her. If there was some type of child services invest. and custody awarded to the father, then DT would NOT want that made public. I don't agree w/it but I think that's why she isn't mentioning her at all.

But the one thing that is really bugging me is DT not letting the kids talk w/ST at Somer's funeral. Something is horribly horribly wrong with that. I think it was said that it was actually PC that stopped it. Sorry, but no parent allows ANYONE to influence them in a way that hurts their children like that. There is no justification for that.

All MOO

Is this only way people in these positions can protect themselves is through an atty, are they afraid someone else might make $$$ of these horrid crimes or is so they won't say the wrong thing. Well if I was in their shoes I would plead to the Public for my daughters return and in Somer's case after the sad news, I would most likely hide and cry forever. I would not be able to cope . The Guilt alone would Kill me.

Hi Alexandra, I agree it is terribly wrong. There was talk on the board today that you could see the apprehension in the Children's eyes. I must have missed that video, the Service maybe?

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast