FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If A. Coan and Diena were there before 5, they would have verified that CPerry (the boyfriend) arrived when he said he did.

A. Coan did not file the missing person report. I'm trying to think of the name but will have to go to my link to find it.

The reporting officer was C.D. Hickey.

West and Hickey. One of them is the Detective.

If PC got to DT's house at 5:30, wouldn't DT and the policeman have been at DT's house by or before then? If so, what would be the reason that PC took ST twin with him to look for somer and didn't take the other kids? And isn't it not normal MO from LE not to let anyone leave while the questioning is going on? I'm getting so tired, I don't think my post is making sense.

It sounded like PC got there first before LE and DT and she was only a few blocks away when she flagged down the office and they went to her house. I read someone that DT and the office went immediately to DT's house after she flagged him down. And why didn't he take the 10 year old daughter too?

I thought it was customary for LE not to let the family do the searching, especially while they were all being questioned.

Maybe to avoid being questioned...

Wouldn't it be nice to have LE give us all the info about who was where between 3 and 5:30?

I'll go to bed and dream that when I wake up tomorrow, they will have decided to release some of this information ... and while I'm at it, I'll dream we get a subforum.

:)

I think this was just a girl who hadn't come home from school yet. IIRC, they kept telling Diena they would find her and she was probably fine and was at someone's house.

That was in one of the Diena videos.

Goodnight everyone!

So if PC arrived at the home @ 5 pm and then left with ST jr. LE interviewed DT, then SP, then PC, AT and CS, friend that LE came across while searching Grove Park

Thank you all for your great sleuthing and brainstorming. MommaD really inspired everyone with her early morning posts urging us to rehash! Thank you MommaD!!!

I'm glad I decided to join WS. I want you all to know that you're top-notch! I appreciate how everyone is respectful and caring. Even when difficult things need to be said, they are said with compassion, consideration, and caution. That's important. It helps to create a safe environment where ideas can be exchanged and explored. You should all be proud of yourselves!

I have to call it a night. I would like to post further comments about the "tells" that I mentioned in the previous thread, but right now I'm drained and tired. I need to do something that is nurturing, so that tomorrow I can hopefully have something worthwhile to contribute.

Take care, everyone!

I think Somer's Day should be the day LE arrests the person/s responsible for her murder.

Does this RASP group know something we don't ie sexual predator?

I try to refrain from judging DT based on marriages, boyfriends, friends, her job, what others are saying, etc.

That said, I've been troubled by her public appearances from the start. Nothing I can put a finger on, just troubled with some aspect of it.
Then I watched the Dr. Phil show on predators. DT was on with her attorney, as were the parents of the missing college student from VA, they did not have an attorney by their side.
I watched their (parents of missing college student) demeanor as they spoke of their missing daughter. She hasn't been found. They are still looking for any clue as to where she may be or what may have happened to her.
-granted these are two different situations, age differences in the daughters disappearing are substantial (one a college student, one in elem. school), but both somebody's daughter.
Then I watch DT speak. She has the peace (if you want to call it that) of being able to bury her daughter. She knows exactly where her daughter is. It is tragic but I would think there would be some peace in being able to bury your child instead of the big unknown.
As I watched the two families discuss their daughters, it hit me. The distraught parents from VA were just that. Distraught, desperately seeking answers to their daughters disappearance, putting info out about THEIR DAUGHTER that may help someone bring in a tip to find her.
DT spoke of HER hate mail, she spoke of HER guilt, HER doing the best she can, you get the point. It was all about HER.

I have questioned the need for DT to hire an entertainment attorney to sit by her side at these interviews, and posters keep stating reasons that is a perfectly good and normal thing to do.
The parents of the missing girl in VA did not have an attorney at their side and they did just fine.
I think when parents take certain steps in the immediate days after their child disappears it may alter the public's perception of the situation. And yes, imo, hiring an entertainment attorney is one of those things.
It makes you step back and say hmmmmm.
Especially when interviewed right before of after another grieving family who hasn't.

Granted I don't know if the other family does have an entertainment lawyer, but I do know if they did have one, they didn't have them by their side to display to the public.

I hear you Share. Funny isn't it, that the Parents of missing Va. Teen appear to be financial able to hire a Atty, He is a Dr. I believe.

I think that DT and SP may have met for lunch about the oldest son. I mention it because it seems none of these kids had sufficient supervision imo. And when I think about little Somer wandering around on her own at only 7 yrs old, I can only imagine what kind of things the oldest son may have been up to at his age. So, it's very possible he was becoming more than a handful and DT sought out SP for some help...just a thought. He might have even been causing problems with the younger kids, we don't know. Could be an explanation for her asking SP to stay till they got home from school...if he did stay until then.

But I have a hard time seeing how any kid would be responsible for Somer's disappearance and murder, only because most kids would have a hard time keeping quiet about it this long, but again, jmo.

Now w/regard to another older daughter that's just been brought to my/our attention, I can see why DT hasn't mentioned her. If there was some type of child services invest. and custody awarded to the father, then DT would NOT want that made public. I don't agree w/it but I think that's why she isn't mentioning her at all.

But the one thing that is really bugging me is DT not letting the kids talk w/ST at Somer's funeral. Something is horribly horribly wrong with that. I think it was said that it was actually PC that stopped it. Sorry, but no parent allows ANYONE to influence them in a way that hurts their children like that. :( There is no justification for that.

All MOO

Is this only way people in these positions can protect themselves is through an atty, are they afraid someone else might make $$$ of these horrid crimes or is so they won't say the wrong thing. Well if I was in their shoes I would plead to the Public for my daughters return and in Somer's case after the sad news, I would most likely hide and cry forever. I would not be able to cope . The Guilt alone would Kill me.

Hi Alexandra, I agree it is terribly wrong. There was talk on the board today that you could see the apprehension in the Children's eyes. I must have missed that video, the Service maybe?

posted by Ms. Suzanne, post 791, thread 18:

I feel there is alot of talking down to this lady who just lost a child when we don't know how she acted or what was going on.My heart really goes out to her.I do not think she had anything to do with her little girls disappearance and I do not think the police do either.I personally do not think she has done anything wrong.I'm sorry but I really just do not see anything bad at all.I will come back when there are more facts out to discuss.I just can't handle this any more.She is in my thoughts and prayers and her family.I pray they find out what happened to Somer and her killer is brought to justice.I am so sorry she and her family had to go through all this.It's just very sad.

I understand some of your frustration here. It is hard to hear people speculate about the possible involvement (direct or indirect) of a mother in the death of her7 year old who was just murdered. No one knows the pain and grief she is experiencing and my heart goes out to her for the loss of a precious child.
However your comment about we do not know how she acted or what was going on, combined with the fact that LE has not cleared her, is precisely the reason people question her and everyone who is around her.

I have to ask, when you say you don't see anything bad at all do you mean anything bad that may have contributed to Somer's death, or really anything bad.

Because I am thinking DT's treatment of ST, Somer's other parent, is pretty bad. I'll even ignore all of the info we've received here on the threads. Her failure to note ST as Somer's father in her obituary is pretty bad.
This has nothing to do with Somer's disappearance, but it certainly provides a glimpse into DT's world and how she deals with things.

So while it is uncomfortable for me, as a mother, to question the possibility of another mother being involved in her child's disappearance, until LE clears her I think everyone must be considered to bring justice to Somer.

Okay for a while I've been thinking that maybe the kids had a shortcut home, but maybe they weren't allowed to take the shortcut for a variety of reasons.
And maybe it isn't even a shortcut but rather a more interesting route to take home.
Maybe they didn't always take the same route everyday.
This could be a reason the kids lost track of Somer so quickly. Maybe she went the other route, or they went the other route. They wouldn't reveal this because they could get in trouble.
Because to me this is the only thing that allows me to make sense of the fact that they lost sight of her so quickly, or that she could frequently come home later then her sister and brother and they not know why.

What would it mean, I don't know, but I think this may have been the case that day.

I try to refrain from judging DT based on marriages, boyfriends, friends, her job, what others are saying, etc.

That said, I've been troubled by her public appearances from the start. Nothing I can put a finger on, just troubled with some aspect of it.
Then I watched the Dr. Phil show on predators. DT was on with her attorney, as were the parents of the missing college student from VA, they did not have an attorney by their side.
I watched their (parents of missing college student) demeanor as they spoke of their missing daughter. She hasn't been found. They are still looking for any clue as to where she may be or what may have happened to her.
-granted these are two different situations, age differences in the daughters disappearing are substantial (one a college student, one in elem. school), but both somebody's daughter.
Then I watch DT speak. She has the peace (if you want to call it that) of being able to bury her daughter. She knows exactly where her daughter is. It is tragic but I would think there would be some peace in being able to bury your child instead of the big unknown.
As I watched the two families discuss their daughters, it hit me. The distraught parents from VA were just that. Distraught, desperately seeking answers to their daughters disappearance, putting info out about THEIR DAUGHTER that may help someone bring in a tip to find her.
DT spoke of HER hate mail, she spoke of HER guilt, HER doing the best she can, you get the point. It was all about HER.

I have questioned the need for DT to hire an entertainment attorney to sit by her side at these interviews, and posters keep stating reasons that is a perfectly good and normal thing to do.
The parents of the missing girl in VA did not have an attorney at their side and they did just fine.
I think when parents take certain steps in the immediate days after their child disappears it may alter the public's perception of the situation. And yes, imo, hiring an entertainment attorney is one of those things.
It makes you step back and say hmmmmm.
Especially when interviewed right before of after another grieving family who hasn't.

Granted I don't know if the other family does have an entertainment lawyer, but I do know if they did have one, they didn't have them by their side to display to the public.

I'm right there with you and I'm about to say some very unpopular things. I think that Somer is getting more attention from her mother in death than she ever received in life. I think the mother is getting far more than her 15 minutes of fame, and that it's being used to glorify her, and not her child.

The low-cut femme fatale type dress at the funeral - with your chest hanging out after you are aware your daughter probably died in a sexual homicide? Callous and inappropriate beyond words. All I could think of was, maybe her bf thought it looked sexy.

She doesn't tell us about the older daughter because she doesn't want to have to answer media ?'s about why she no longer has that child. A lot of her babbling seems to be self serving and cya. And she frequently contradicts herself. "Somer knew full well to avoid stranger danger," but then, "Somer never met a stranger." She says what she thinks will sound good at the time - what will make her sound like a better mother. But the emotional affect is not there, and it hasn't been since the beginning of this case. I don't think it hides her involvement as much as her very shallow interest in her children. They are more pawns in her life than anything else, it seems to me. What mother has an immature live-in around her children - a guy who lists *advertiser censored* and being a trashy trucker on his webpage. How is THAT putting your children first. I don't think its appropriate for parents to be proponents of an illegal drug - what does THAT teach your child.

I don't think she killed her daughter, nor do I think her bf (either of her bf's) did. I do think she bears responsibility for the negligent supervision that allowed a perp access to her child. If her child had been with an adult, this would not have happened. The police search could have been begun later because they had illegal substances to get rid of in the home.

If you cannot adequately care for your children and give them an appropriate home life then please, give them to someone who can or don't have them in the first place. Children deserve so much better. I was a single parent with far less financial support and I moved heaven and earth in order to keep my child well supervised.

I frankly cannot even watch any more of her self serving videos. She needs to get off the air and go home and attempt to learn how to appropriately care for the children she has left. She's already lost two of them. And by the way, how bad does a mother have to be to lose custody of her oldest child? Usually, mothers win.

Another thing that bugs me is why did DT pick up her 13 yr. old son from OPAA, and she allowed her 7 and 10 year olds to walk home from a farther distance.

And iirc, she left work early so it's not like he was doing something that finished at that time and she had planned to pick him up b/c she wouldn't normally be off that early.

And why would DT flag down a police officer before she went home. I am thinking I would want to go home check all the child's hiding places, call all the friends, then panic. (Of course I would want to do these things a lot sooner than an hour and 20 minutes past the time my child got home. )
If Somer had a habit of coming home later, why the police before she did these other things.

If I am rehashing, these are the things I think of first besides the obvious of why SP there on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog