Louisiana Fights Child *advertiser censored* with New Technology

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The map created from IP addresses is mindboggling!

Child *advertiser censored* fight gets new weapons

<snip>

Trapped in a nightmare of unrelenting sexual molestation and torment by her stepfather, a 12-year old central Louisiana girl tried to console herself by writing about her distress in a spiral-notebook diary.

"If you are reading this help me I really need your help," she wrote last year in a desperate three-page entry. "I am really scared with fear in my body. ... I try to pray about it but it never goes away."

The girl's ordeal finally ended when State Police, using new computer software, discovered the stepfather's criminal practice of trading sexually explicit images of children through the Internet. After officers arrested the stepfather in connection with the material found on his computer, they found the girl and her notebook, leading to additional charges and a conviction for child molestation.

The case is one of an increasing number of arrests in Louisiana and nationwide resulting from breakthroughs in software that can monitor the digital-age trafficking of images depicting child sexual exploitation and rape.

Centered in cyber-forensics labs at the offices of the Louisiana attorney general and State Police, special investigative units can detect computers throughout Louisiana that are exchanging sexually explicit images of children online. During a recent typical month, the systems identified more than 5,600 such Internet computer addresses in the state.

much more here, including the effects on investigators who are investigating child *advertiser censored*

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/11/post_72.html

Its a sad sad day when a 12 year old girl is so alone that she can only tell her diary how badly she is feeling and that she just wants to be left alone instead of abused and raped. I just want to hug that poor child. I hope she can heal and be happy.

I agree, AmandaBrown23. I cannot imagine how she had to have felt. Thank God for the cyber-forensics lab! This should be being done all over the world! And I think it is being done in more states than just ours.

I hope she can heal and be happy at some point also.

I agree, AmandaBrown23. I cannot imagine how she had to have felt. Thank God for the cyber-forensics lab! This should be being done all over the world! And I think it is being done in more states than just ours.

I hope she can heal and be happy at some point also.

I hope the state of TX has this software...I read recently that TX DPS was hiring more computer forensics workers because of a great backlog -- mostly child *advertiser censored*....they're now finding so many pervs with SO MUCH child *advertiser censored* it takes a long time to investigate & document findings.

What did you think of that map showing the clusters of IP addresses, LaLaw? Scary, huh??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back