Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was confused by something from the article two posts below hers. The article refers to GH speaking "directly to the person who has Morgan", whoever that person may be, and Catherline appears to think that means a single SPECIFIC person.

I would interpret the statement by Morgan's mother to be directed towards an individual who may know who has Morgan or know something or someone that happened with Morgan..

Originally Posted by p7byrd
They probably have good reason not to.

JLMcKenna93:
I'm sorry, but what is a good reason to not follow a lead.. especially when there is so little information and yet another young woman has vanished into thin air?

Every lead should at least be looked into.

Me now:

Just because this woman doesn't feel as though her information has been properly followed up on doesn't mean that she's right. Perhaps it was and didn't lead anywhere.

I really don't think that LE has the time to keep everyone who saw or claims to have seen something up to date.

JMO

Melissa

IMO

Something struck me a bit ago...

If MH received a call at 8:48 and she told whoever that she was locked out of the arena, I wonder if anyone else was around MH when she received that call...

Maybe any one of those people she was seen with from the 3 BB players to the 4 guys or anyone else she may have encountered when trying to make readmittance to the arena.

If someone was around her or overheard what she had to say - they automatically knew that she was alone and that she had told her friends basically not to worry about her...enjoy the concert...she'd find a ride home...

The person would know that they had approx. 2 hours before the concert was over...

Or if someone didn't overhear her conversation at 8:48, then maybe she told the people she encountered her "story" and that gave someone the idea that no one would know for some time that MH was actually missing...

Something in my gut tells me this was more a crime of opportunity - Knew she was locked out of the concert, knew she was away from her friends, knew she had on an expensive necklace...knew that she was vulnerable...

No, the athletes of the major sports like basketball and football are not students. They are entertainers who perform for the university in exchange for a degree. While the school makes loads of money, the integrity of all other students' degrees is tainted. This is why the athletes do as they please, and why the university allows it. It's all about money. Same as the no re-entry policy at JPJ arena.
(Quote - couldn't figure out how to move it as a quote from the locked thread.)

I think that's a little unfair; some colleges let athletes skate by, but certainly not all, and being a bad student doesn't make you a bad PERSON (i.e. a criminal) by any means. I can't speak to UVA's policy on student-athletes specifically, but I'd be surprised if the players' suspensions were related to Morgan. I know they've made connections between Morgan and some basketball players, but I think they would have said something regarding a connection with the suspension if there was a direct correlation.

Also, I won't point the finger at the arena - the no re-entry policies are for the safety of the concert-goers. It's protecting people from alcohol, drugs, weapons, etc. being brought into the arena, and preventing multiple people from entering with the same ticket. I seriously don't think they're making big bucks from people paying to re-enter.

Hi, what time is it, which time zone, and is there a link to it? I would be interested! TIA

Hi, Again -

I was checking back for info on the WS chat with Mark Klaas that was referenced above. Does anyone know what time/time zone, and where I would go for this?

Thanks if you can help!

Hi, Again -

I was checking back for info on the WS chat with Mark Klaas that was referenced above. Does anyone know what time/time zone, and where I would go for this?

Thanks if you can help!

I think there was something about it on the WS homepage

This post was posted by MBLover in Morgan's #7 thread: VA-Morgan Dana Harrington, 20 Charlottesville #7
Today, 05:32 PM
MBLoverWebsleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_online.gif

Requested recap
Thanks VA Doll for the compliment! Okay...Let's see what I can do regarding a recap

Okay... What have we got...

1) Tickets for Metallica purchased approx 6 months in advance - purchased by DH for MH and friends (some have said there were 9 tickets others have said there were 4 or 6 - but we know there were at least 4 tickets - one for MH, one for Amy, one for Sarah and one for mystery bf of friend guy).

2) Shopping trip for clothes for concert - Choice of 3 different ones - she and Mom decide on outfit. Pantera t-shirt/top with mini skirt, black tights, at knee or above knee mid heel boots. Also carrying purse that can be carried as a backpack.

3) Sometime Sat. MH & roommate (however she got to the Harrington's) leaves for Harrisonburg to pick up other friend for concert. MH arrives safely per phone conversation with her Dad.

4) Sometime Sat. MH, roommate & friend (were there others?) leave JMU & pick up mystery guy somewhere around/between JMU & C'ville.

5) Arrive JPJ arena in MH's car. (Supposedly does not call and let parents know they have arrived to their destination)

6) Upon arrival guy in car next to them makes small talk with those in MH's vehicle.

7) Enter into arena (per friends). "Friend" retains keys to MH's car.

8) At some point MH separates from friends to either go to restroom or smoke or both or neither. Supposedly kisses one of her friends on the cheek when leaving.

9) "Witnesses" report seeing MH taking pictures and also report seeing MH fall and/or have injury to face

10) Friend calls MH at 8:48 PM and MH states she has been locked out of arena and unable to return inside. MH tells friends she will find a ride home?

11) Witness reports seeing MH in bathroom upset/crying and appeared if she had been hit. Witness reports MH out front of arena - makes comment to her - she tells him to "F" off.

12) Reports of her having had some kind of interaction with people here and there - or of them having seen MH at various places outside of the arena. Supposed interaction with 3 BB players and allegedly in the company of 4 "white guys".

13) MH supposedly spotted on bridge

14) MH disappears

15) Friends leave concert - hang around car for a significant amount of time - never see MH and leave venue returning back to JMU

16) Supposedly purse has already been found by a passerby (early Sunday morning) and is supposedly reported as "found property". Cell phone is missing battery. Later it is released that one of the straps is cut/severed on purse/backpack.

17) MH doesn't show up at parents as expected (to study for Math test and to balance her checkbook). DH begins calling friends.

18) DH reports MH missing the day after the concert (Sunday) sometime after lunch.

19) Corrine Geller of the VA State Police confirm that it was MH's car driven to the JPJ arena

20) Phone battery missing... not relevant...

21) Only trace of MH found inside or outside of the arena is the pocketbook - Supposedly MH is not picked up on security cameras, or other personal video recorders or personal cameras in or around venue. (That info could be being withheld by LE)

22) Description and picture released of necklace MH was wearing. Still no picture released of MH dressed in what she was wearing and how her hair was styled the night of the concert.

23) Bank releases a statement of "no comment" when reporter from The Hook asked if their video had captured MH.

24) LE releases report of MH hitchhiking on the bridge.

Interesting comments from some news stories:

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2...dMorgan-E.aspx
The group arrived safely, according to a 2005 UVA grad who parked next to them. Morgan-- a blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman clad in a black mini skirt, black tights, and knee-high black boots-- seemed excited to go in, more so, even, than the rest of her friends.

"She pulled up with her party and got out of her party's car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert," Dave Gardner, now living in New Jersey, told Lynchburg television station WDBJ.

"She did seem excited to see Metallica because she asked us who the opening act was, and when we told her, she said 'Who cares, we're here to see Metallica, right?'"

Gardner, who did not return the Hook's calls, told the station he was "100 percent certain" that it was Morgan he'd spoken to and that he saw no signs of pre-concert drinking by Morgan or her friends.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/inde...-caused-worry/

Police have confirmed that Morgan ended up outside the Arena sometime around 8:20pm and made multiple attempts to re-enter.

By 9:20pm— about 10 minutes before she was last seen on the bridge— according to the police timeline, Morgan was spotted in the RV Lot, directly across Copeley Road from the U-Hall lot and adjacent to the UVA track. Her black purse, which could also be worn as a backpack, and battery-less cell phone were spotted by a passerby the morning of Sunday, October 18. Geller says the battery cover was also recovered and that Morgan’s family says the “condition of the phone” meant the battery could come out easily if the phone was dropped. Geller says there was no sign of a struggle.

An employee of nearby BB&T bank declined comment on investigators reviewing surveillance at the bank, and the manager of the Cavalier Inn on Emmet Street did not return the Hook’s call.

I think there was something about it on the WS homepage

Thanks, MBLover! Are you going? I couldn't get in due to security settings & ActiveX controls, but I appreciate your reply! Maybe some of the other members will recap at some point. Hope those of you who go (or went) have a good chat.

The Last Shot: City Streets, Basketball Dreams
by Darcy Frey

A good read!

Originally Posted by p7byrd
They probably have good reason not to.

JLMcKenna93:
I'm sorry, but what is a good reason to not follow a lead.. especially when there is so little information and yet another young woman has vanished into thin air?

Every lead should at least be looked into.

Me now:

Just because this woman doesn't feel as though her information has been properly followed up on doesn't mean that she's right. Perhaps it was and didn't lead anywhere.

I really don't think that LE has the time to keep everyone who saw or claims to have seen something up to date.

JMO

Melissa

IMO

I interpreted it as they already looked into the lead, and ruled it out so aren't following that one.

The type of pocketbook Morgan is described as having worn is almost like a backpack; both straps can be worn with the "pocketbook" on her bag like a small bookbag. I would think it odd if one of the straps was severed or torn. I think it was part of the new outfit she had got to wear to the concert. So it wouldn't have been worn and old and easy to tear..
If she was being chased, someone could have grabbed her by one of the straps, ripping or tearing it. Also i really do think her boots would have made it harder to run if they had a big heel (whether it be a pointy stilleto type, or cowboy type heel; even a platform heel, boots add weight, and are all around hard to run in., unless they are military, combat style, or hiking type boots.

Was reading one of the many articles about Morgan recently and someone commented at the end of the article about the possibility of Morgan suffering from a Fugue State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state

At this point anything is possible, if she was acting out of character this could explain that. If this did happen to her then she is more than likely with somebody that knows who she is but may be "keeping her" for now. This might give me hope that she is in fact alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff