1499 users online (377 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Northern Utah-Insane bright light lit up my basement

About 15 minutes I'm sitting on my computer in the basement and my window well lit up. I'm thinking WTF, someone is in my backyard and stuck a flashlight in my window well. I woke up my son, let my two big dogs out the back to chase whoever away. The dogs came back like no big deal. Five minutes later, me and my son are discussing whether I was seeing things when we felt and heard a big rumble. Freaked out now, we decide to go back into the basement. A few minutes later, my daughter who lives about an hour away said they just saw night turn into day from inside her apartment. They went outside and some people said it must have been an asteroid. Holy cow! Going by that rumble, I hope it hit out in the middle of nowhere!

Wow if you find out what it was let me know... I'm going to look at the USGS for Northern Utah.
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Ah, Leonid showers.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    Wow if you find out what it was let me know... I'm going to look at the USGS for Northern Utah.
    Oh, good idea. I was so freaked out.

That's freaky! Hope something didn't blow up.

Leonid meteor shower! Rare and unique for Nov 17th, 18th, 19th.
    Stars’ and constellations they are all a part of our lives! We live in universe and leonid meteor shower is something unique and rare to happen. It is said that it will be at its peak on nov 17th and can be watched around the world from Nov 13th to 20th.

The best view can be seen from Asia specially China and Indonesia. Sky-watchers in North America can expect to see up to 30 meteors hourly tonight as the annual Leonid meteor shower peaks in the wee hours of Tuesday, Nov. 17. Earth will cross the first meteor-producing stream on this date starting at around 1 a.m. PST, experts predict.

http://www.newspostonline.com/world-...-2009111876351
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Hey if it was a meteorite it might be worth some money... You never know. LOL get to looking or should I say digging.

Voltaire

I wonder how big it would have had to have been to make the rumble like it did and turn night into day? Did we experience a sonic boom type thing? Five minutes later?

A fast moving meteor lit up the night skies over most of Utah just after midnight Wednesday.

KSL News has been receiving hundreds of calls from southern Utah to southern Idaho. People are reporting a flash so bright it lit up the entire sky for a couple of seconds. Some people are also reporting a slight rumbling sound a few second after the flash.

More at link:
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8714738

The user comments are too funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was skeered. lol.

Security pic taken at 12:15am ish. Amazing for the middle of the night.

http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1581/158115/15811579.jpg

Link to a four camera security system.

http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/305/30574.wmv

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    About 15 minutes I'm sitting on my computer in the basement and my window well lit up. I'm thinking WTF, someone is in my backyard and stuck a flashlight in my window well. I woke up my son, let my two big dogs out the back to chase whoever away. The dogs came back like no big deal. Five minutes later, me and my son are discussing whether I was seeing things when we felt and heard a big rumble. Freaked out now, we decide to go back into the basement. A few minutes later, my daughter who lives about an hour away said they just saw night turn into day from inside her apartment. They went outside and some people said it must have been an asteroid. Holy cow! Going by that rumble, I hope it hit out in the middle of nowhere!
    Ok, this is going to be very weird but, up here, past Park City and in the mountains I had the same thing happen. It freaked me out. The light was so bright in my living room I jumped up to look and find out what the hell. The light was so bright and it "passed over" my house. It didn't just go off and on. It lit up the outside so brightly I could see across the river.

I did not notice a sound but soon after the light I fell asleep. Was still wondering what the hell it was when I read this.

SuziQ I think this happened later than your light but I can't say for sure. AND it may be a strange coincidence.

Why do I hear the Twilight Zone theme music playing in my head?

Edited to add I only read the first post and didn't read the rest of the thread cuz I think the meteor light fried my brain.
    Last edited by Tricia; 11-18-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    WOW So it wasn't a coincidence. Lord it was a bright light.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast