1138 users online (200 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama

Friday February 13, 2008

5 AM http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ch_for_Haleigh

snip~ SATSUMA, Fla. - Equusearch volunteers will begin their first search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings this morning. A command center has been set up at 194 E. Buffalo Bluff Road for volunteers to gather and get information.~ end snip

snip~Detectives with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office have entered the fifth day in the search for missing Haleigh. Sheriff Jeff Hardy said they plan to bring in more aviation assets, dive teams, boats and ground crews. They also have a fresh team going back to the house, tracing any steps they can find.

Hardy says right now they don't have any suspects. He would not confirm if either of the girls parent's vehicles had been tested for evidence.~ end snip

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...r_missing_girl

snip~SATSUMA, Fla. - Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies are on day four of searching for Haleigh Cummings. For the first time, deputies are getting help from a private search team. Texas based Equusearch gathered 200 volunteers and headed out around 9:30 a.m. Friday.~end snip

snip~Equusearch President Tim Miller plans to focus on the wooded area behind Haleigh's home. He could not say exactly where they would be searching because it is under investigation. He said because Haleigh has been gone for 4 days, the chances of finding her alive were not good. Still, he remains optimistic and has a feeling she's still alive.

Searchers headed out on horses, ATV's and bicycles. Volunteer Jim Bailey doesn't know Haleigh's family, but felt a need to help search. "Just out of my heart I feel sorry for the family. It's a warm feeling to help," Bailey said.

He came prepared with a hiking stick and other equipment. "This stick I have is good for searching, scratching the ground and keeping animals away," he added.~ end snip

4 PM http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/021309Items_Found

snip~The Putnam county Sheriffs office said Friday afternoon that they have several items of interest in the case of missing 5 year old Haleigh Cummings.

The little girl has been missing since Monday when her father said he out her to bed only to find her missing early Tuesday morning.~ end snip

snip~Detectives have also talked to all the registered sex offenders in the area. Texas based group Equusearch joined the volunteer efforts.

In a press conference Friday the sheriffs department wouldn’t revel what the items of interest they found were, only saying that they had been sent to a lab in Jacksonville for further analysis.~ end snip
    Last edited by elle1919; 11-18-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: correction
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

LOl....what is up with the November 2008 date?.....I thought wow---someone found something that happened way back when Haleigh was injured at school!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    LOl....what is up with the November 2008 date?.....I thought wow---someone found something that happened way back when Haleigh was injured at school!!!!
    lol.... Thank you very much, maybe I need a break!!
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

http://staugustine.com/stories/02130...1309_018.shtml

Article at link above

snip~Published Friday, February 13, 2009

SATSUMA -- For the first time, Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old who was watching her boyfriend's children the night 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared, explained in public what she recalls from Monday night inside the Green Lane mobile home.

As hours became days following the disappearance, Croslin has been under scrutiny for being the last one to see her when she put the little girl to bed Monday.

Authorities are calling the disappearance an abduction.

"I don't care what people are saying about me because I didn't do it," Croslin said Thursday.

In interviews that included questioning while hooked to a lie detector, Croslin said she had little to tell investigators about what happened.

"I was sleeping," she said. "I don't know what happened."

A pair of her nephews who are about Haleigh's age were at the mobile home where Croslin and Ronald Cummings, 25, live about 5 p.m. Monday.

Because Tuesday was a school day, Croslin put the kindergartner to bed around 8:15 p.m. About two hours later, Croslin said, she went to sleep with Cummings' son, 3-year-old Ronald Jr., in the same room.

Cummings was at work.

Haleigh was asleep in a separate bed by the television set, a family member said.~end

snip~Thursday she said she had volunteered to take a polygraph test -- two of them.

"I was so shook up that night, I kept moving," she said of how stressful it's been. "I couldn't stay still. I was crying."

"We have all offered to take lie detectors," Cummings said of his family. He said there was no reason to believe that he or his girlfriend failed them.

He said he is willing to do what is needed.

"If you need to draw blood, draw blood," he said.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Croslin took the test, but he would not discuss outcomes of any polygraphs.

"Misty has been interviewed extensively," Hardy said. He said neighbors in the area have been helpful and that families have been "extremely cooperative."~ end