771 users online (123 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Crocodile attacked and killed by angry hippos

"There Is a Light That Never Goes Out." (The Smiths)

I felt a little sorry for the crocodile until I read that the hippos were only protecting a mother hippo and her calf.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Rule N#1~ No matter how cute and innocent you think they are, never mess with the hippos.

Hippos are fierce beings... they are considered the most dangerous animals in Africa.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Hippos are fierce beings... they are considered the most dangerous animals in Africa.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I never knew that.

More people in Africa are killed by Hippos than Crocodiles annually.

But even here in Florida there are a fair amount of alligator attacks. Usually a few every year, and some are fatal. Most people lose a limb to a big gator or just get some puncture wounds from a small one.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    My precious husband spent part of his childhood in Congo, and his parents used to allow him to swim in the Congo River.......I think they were trying to get rid of the poor kid! The river is home to crocs, and hippos frequented the area, also.

We had a hippo escape from a small local zoo. (Poor hippo was on loan to the zoo.) It was in the middle of a highway, had charged several cars and trucks, and zoo officials, law enforcement and vets could not subdue the animal. They had to kill it to stop it. They are very fierce, and they aren't afraid of anything!

To bad humans dont act like the hippos did. Just think how many children would not be hurt.