Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 715

Thread: NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    20,027

    NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18



    Prayers for Shaniya


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91371"]#1[/ame] #2


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91492"]#3[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91517"]#4[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91560"]#5[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91581"]#6[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91600"]#7[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91602"]#8[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91621"]#9[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91647"]#10[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91661"]#11[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91691"]#12[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91710"]#13[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91736"]#14[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91759"]#15[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4455918#post4455918"]#16[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91819"]#17[/ame]



    Please continue...
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

    F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

    Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Emma Peel's Avatar
    Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    wherever they send me
    Posts
    9,999
    wow, first post. don't know how that happened!

    I'm just going to post about Shaniya's Aunt, as I find that to be an interesting relationship, but again, perhaps not what has been portrayed.

    The loving Aunt only talks as if how losing Shaniya is a deep personal loss to her, as if Shaniya was very prominent in her life, yet she never really mentions her own three children and how they've been affected by the loss of Shaniya.

    I wonder how old her children are, and if they are quite a bit older, so that when Aunt did take care of Shaniya, Shaniya was like an only child.

    Or, if her children were the cousins Shaniya fought with, and taking care of Shaniya was addiitional stress on her own family. If she is a single mom with 3 young kids, how difficult was it for her to add one more? If Shaniya was being taken care of for quite some time by B's girlfriend Ty, how unexpected was it that suddenly the Aunt was taking care of Shaniya?

    There's something about the way this Aunt is so careful in the wording her relationship with Shaniya. I sort of expect her to say "Shaniya was like a daughter to me". Yet, this Aunt won't go there. Shaniya was not like a daughter to her. She specifically says their relationship was like nothing else. They had a deep bond. (Why? Were they bonded by neglect? Neglect is a theme in the family?)

    That family confuzzles me. I'm sure they did not want this to happen, and I'm sure they never expected it to happen. I'm just not sure anyone was paying attention - perhaps they all had other priorities.

    The first thing you'd think about - with a child Shaniya's age - ishow important that first year of school is - making new friends, making it a good experience, consistent and special. If you really care that Shaniya brings home stars every day, then you're going to make sure that even if she moves in with her loser bio-mom, she is still bringing home stars every day. I don't get from the Aunt that there was that level of caring or responsibility. If there was, she'd have followed up with the bio-mom after two days...

    The Aunt, I feel for her. But I don't think she was the primary caregiver for Shaniya. I think she was the put-upon back-up plan. I think that is the nature of their "bond like no other".

    Now, it's just painful and ridiculous to watch them pretend that they were diligent with Shaniya's care. Horsehockey.

    Not a single bit of this analysis helps get Shaniya back. I just had to get the Aunt thing off my chest. I pray for them all, and I know they are sufferring. I don't want to add to it. I just am trying, for my own peace of mind, to understand how this child came to be abandoned in he77.

    And ... it's all JMHO.


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    I wonder how old her children are, and if they are quite a bit older, so that when Aunt did take care of Shaniya, Shaniya was like an only child.
    In one of the first pictures that came out, the aunt, father and another woman was pictured in it; it has been said on this forum that the other woman is aunts oldest daughter.

    I don't know this, but it has been written here.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Norwegian For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    738

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Norwegian For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    738
    About the "smirk" in McNeil's mug:

    http://www.sandrarose.com/images9/ma...-mcneil186.jpg

    I honestly think that his face is like that...

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    738
    DAD SHOOTS PEDOPHILE SON:

    http://sandrarose.com/2009/11/19/dad...ecution-style/

    This is just too much. I weep.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Norwegian For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Excellent observations.

    Aunt has been placed in a difficult situation. We all wanted to believe that there was a stable caregiver in Shaniya's life and Aunt Carey came to our rescue. When the questions start coming, she helps Brad out with a story of packing Shaniya's bag for a weekend stay on October 31. Unfortunately, Brad throws her under the bus and stands by his story that she was dropped off on October 11 and never heard from again.

    I'm guessing Ty's departure was pretty recent and Brad quickly needed another woman/babysitter before he dashed off into his world. Carey wasn't able to be a full-time babysitter so AD was elected. I'm guessing Carey protested but Brad appears to know what's best and doesn't appreciate friendly advice.

    My heart bleeds for Aunt Carey. She knew how wrong this was but went along with Brad's decision.

  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lbminnesota For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    About the "smirk" in McNeil's mug:

    http://www.sandrarose.com/images9/ma...-mcneil186.jpg

    I honestly think that his face is like that...
    I get an 'error, page not found' when I click on this link.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    DAD SHOOTS PEDOPHILE SON:

    http://sandrarose.com/2009/11/19/dad...ecution-style/

    This is just too much. I weep.
    Another incredibly tragic story.
    I'm speechless.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    Another incredibly tragic story.
    I'm speechless.
    I read the first sentence and had to stop. I'm on "depravity of mankind" overload.

  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lbminnesota For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    I just am trying, for my own peace of mind, to understand how this child came to be abandoned in he77.

    .
    I know what you mean, I *think* we all kinda want to work out "why?" so that this can never happen to our own kids. I have to admit that in pretty much every single case recently I would have never put myself or my kids in the positions that these parents do. To me these are all what I consider bad parents. And while it's no excuse for any-one to ever go through this, parenting needs to improve and also, these SO's need to be locked away for life. Harsher penalties for drugs, rape and child rape.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to singers For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by lbminnesota View Post
    Excellent observations.

    Aunt has been placed in a difficult situation. We all wanted to believe that there was a stable caregiver in Shaniya's life and Aunt Carey came to our rescue. When the questions start coming, she helps Brad out with a story of packing Shaniya's bag for a weekend stay on October 31. Unfortunately, Brad throws her under the bus and stands by his story that she was dropped off on October 11 and never heard from again.

    I'm guessing Ty's departure was pretty recent and Brad quickly needed another woman/babysitter before he dashed off into his world. Carey wasn't able to be a full-time babysitter so AD was elected. I'm guessing Carey protested but Brad appears to know what's best and doesn't appreciate friendly advice.

    My heart bleeds for Aunt Carey. She knew how wrong this was but went along with Brad's decision.

    Did Carey cover for Brad or is that what she was told...two days to visit her mother and then Carey was going back to pick her up. She received a phone call from dear old mom saying that Carey was never going to see Shaniya again. Carey felt her hands were tied as far as going and taking Shaniya because Brad didn't have custody and Carey no power at all. Brad says Shaniya was going to LIVE with her mother but I think he forgot to tell Carey!

    I don't know about the dates in Oct I guess I haven't paid that much attention on what date Shaniya was taken and dropped off. I just get the feeling that Brad told Carey a big story knowing all along that Shaniya was never coming back to his home to live.

    Notice when Brad and Carey were standing outside his beautiful home talking to the media she didn't even look at him. It is all Carey can do not to break out crying...she keeps swollowing. She said a few words to the media and then said she can't talk anymore. I think she is dying inside. It is obvious she loved that little girl and is not happy with her brother. That is what I see anyway.

  22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

    My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

    Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

    I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

    It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    463
    curioserandcurioser,
    I am truly sorry for the pain and suffering you went through. I hope you have received some counseling. No child deserves this.


  25. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by curioserandcurioser View Post
    Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

    My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

    Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

    I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

    It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.
    I care. I'm sure you will find many of us here who care about you, and despise the people who made you live through the nightmare your childhood had to have been.

    The 'mom' in me wants to reach out and hold the little child you used to be. I'd just rock you back and forth, and kiss you on the forehead, although I know that would never be enough. You didn't deserve what happened to you. You deserved to be treated like the precious gift from above that you truly are.

    Welcome to Websleuths. Your input is valued here.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 11-20-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.


  26. #16
    Thanks Bam and Smart Blonde. I just can't stop thinking about little Shaniya. I was really praying that we'd find she HADN'T been raped and that her death had somehow been a tragic accident. But then this press conference and the news that she was raped and murdered.

    It's all a bit much to take in, isn't it?

  27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to curioserandcurioser For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    I'm also wondering what makes a woman do this (prostitute out her little baby girl). I am wondering what made Antoinette Davis do this (if she really did) and what made my mother do it. If it's all about money, there are so many other ways to get illicit money - the woman could become a prostitute herself, she could deal drugs, she could steal, get involved in armed robbery, she could commit fraud. So what makes her take the path of turning her baby into a prostitute? I think it has to do with something deeper than money. You surely have to have a screw loose to do such a thing. And like I said in my earlier post, in my situation, my mother appears to have been sexually abused/exploited herself as a child.

    It would be very interesting to find out more information about Antoinette's background.

    And this Mario creature... he had a criminal history but not for anything to do with pedophilia or sexual assault. Why did he suddenly decide to rape a baby? WTF. Or had her perhaps been raping kids for a long time but never been caught?

    There are just so many unanswered questions and I can't stop worrying about it.

    We can't even say "at least she didn't suffer" about Shaniya's death, can we? She suffered terribly.


  29. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by curioserandcurioser View Post
    Thanks Bam and Smart Blonde. I just can't stop thinking about little Shaniya. I was really praying that we'd find she HADN'T been raped and that her death had somehow been a tragic accident. But then this press conference and the news that she was raped and murdered.

    It's all a bit much to take in, isn't it?
    Yes, it is hard to take.

    In a way, I've been surprised at where my thoughts and feelings have taken me in this 'case'.

    I find I haven't allowed myself to really think too much about the actual 'acts' that were probably perpetrated on this child, but can't stop dwelling on what Shaniya's feelings must have been during those acts.

    I keep thinking about her fear, her confusion, of course her pain.

    Yes, it is all a bit much to take.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 11-20-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by curioserandcurioser View Post
    I'm also wondering what makes a woman do this (prostitute out her little baby girl). I am wondering what made Antoinette Davis do this (if she really did) and what made my mother do it. If it's all about money, there are so many other ways to get illicit money - the woman could become a prostitute herself, she could deal drugs, she could steal, get involved in armed robbery, she could commit fraud. So what makes her take the path of turning her baby into a prostitute? I think it has to do with something deeper than money. You surely have to have a screw loose to do such a thing. And like I said in my earlier post, in my situation, my mother appears to have been sexually abused/exploited herself as a child.

    It would be very interesting to find out more information about Antoinette's background.

    And this Mario creature... he had a criminal history but not for anything to do with pedophilia or sexual assault. Why did he suddenly decide to rape a baby? WTF. Or had her perhaps been raping kids for a long time but never been caught?

    There are just so many unanswered questions and I can't stop worrying about it.

    We can't even say "at least she didn't suffer" about Shaniya's death, can we? She suffered terribly.
    I have no answers, only the same questions as you.

    Is it that the 'mother' cared more about drugs, than her own child? Was the mother so high on drugs, or so sick from withdrawal that she wasn't thinking clearly? Did the mother hate her own child so much?

    I don't know. I really can't imagine how a person could choose to hurt her child, any child. Especially in this way.

    As for Mario, I can't believe this was his first time to abuse a child. His smirk truly chills me to the bone.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    [QUOTE=Bobbisangel;4462555]Did Carey cover for Brad or is that what she was told...two days to visit her mother and then Carey was going back to pick her up. She received a phone call from dear old mom saying that Carey was never going to see Shaniya again. Carey felt her hands were tied as far as going and taking Shaniya because Brad didn't have custody and Carey no power at all. Brad says Shaniya was going to LIVE with her mother but I think he forgot to tell Carey!


    In Carey's last press conference, she admitted she hadn't seen Shaniya in four weeks which fits with October 11th. I believe Carey was left to deal with the school withdrawal as she probably handled enrolling Shaniya. I feel AD has been given too much credit as this sharp mastermind; withdrawing her from school, threatening Carey, etc. Shoot..I'd bet if we asked AD what school Shaniya was attending, she wouldn't have a clue.

    I agree that Carey probably hoped Brad would come to his senses at some point. There must be tremendous tension between she and Brad as reality of this horror sets in.

  34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lbminnesota For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    @Smart Blonde

    If Mario was typical of the kind of lowlife men the mother hangs out with then it kinda makes you wonder about Shaniya's Dad, I think. I mean, WHY did he have unprotected sex with Shaniya's mom, presumably knowing she was a drug addict, promiscuous, dysfunctional etc. I certainly have questions about him....


  36. #22
    I think you are so brave to allow us to know what you went through. I am so sad, that no one cared enough to get you out of there,'I don't want to believe that this awful crime happens all the time. I make a promise that if I see any child that I feel needs CPD I will do all that I can to get help.
    Missing Children Statistics

    “…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

    In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year

    Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”

  37. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nostoneunturned For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,534
    I believe the 911 call was made because of BD (AD's sister). I have no idea how much she knew about the prostitution part (*if* this has been going on, surely she had to know?). But perhaps she woke up that morning and started asking where Shaniya was. That's when AD's "act" started and she was forced to make the 911 call. Perhaps AD was able to sneak a call in to MAM while supposedly "searching" for Shaniya (as a show for BD).

    JMHO.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:


  40. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by curioserandcurioser View Post
    Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

    My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

    Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

    I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

    It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.
    I don't have any words for you, none seem right, please just know that you are in my prayers and not alone.
    Just my, no one elses


  41. #25
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,534
    Curioserandcurioser... we do care. What happened to you was horrific and tragic. Thank you for sharing and, welcome to Websleuths.

    ETA: I have never had anything happen to me as horrid as the things that happened to you. Yet I was victimized in lesser ways. As a grown woman myself, I can tell you that years of therapy and a wonderful terrific husband do not erase these types of scars. So I can only imagine the ways you are still suffering. Thanks again for sharing - hopefully b/c of Shaniya more people are aware of these heinous acts and will stand up and protect children from these monsters.
    Last edited by belimom; 11-20-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: tmi
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 519
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
  2. Replies: 578
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:55 AM
  3. Replies: 569
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 10:25 PM
  4. Found Deceased NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #8
    By imamaze in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 507
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •