Top Model Found Dead At Paris Apartment

sleepingheart

~The Crown Giver~
Reaction score
Thanks Gaia for the link. She was pretty candid about the depression that she suffered. Depression is a scary disease and this is the most tragic of outcomes. It is haunting to read her blog back in the summer time where she speaks of a calm that comes before the end and then asks...Do you really think I am happy? She seems to have been struggling for a while. I wish her loved ones peace.

May she RIP.

So sad to read how Depression can be so horrible and take such a young woman's life. She had her whole life ahead of her. It's a shame that there was not any treatment available that could help her live balanced. Depression is so scary.

It is time for everyone to put some growth lights in their houses and watch for S.A.D. as it starts to bother people during the winter months. Depression will take over people quickly. Keep your homes lighted well.

Prayers to her loved ones.

Gozgals

One thing to consider is these model's diets or lack thereof.

These models are told their fat if they are 5'8 and weigh 115 pounds.

You know darn well their diet is the worst. A bad diet can kick in depression.

Depression still has a powerful stigma. The last thing you want is to be known as the "crazy person" if you admit depression problems.

It's no secret that I suffer from bad depression. To this day, in the year 2009, there are still people in my life who are "mad" if am I depressed. Can't understand why I can't control it, shake it off, and be happy.

This poor woman had to face depression, basically barely eating to keep herself thin, and work non-stop. This was a person who had suicide written all over her.

One can only hope that her death is not in vain and the fashion industry gets a clue and stops with the size zero models.

I totally agree with you Tricia. Daul already suffered from depression and on top of that she had the stress of keeping herself rail thin which had to have resulted in poor nutrition. Having poor nutrition, lack of essential vitamins, amino acids, etc can definitely effect our brain chemistry. It is ridiculous the standards placed on these women to look a certain way which, IMO, isn't even attractive.

I suffer from Depression as well and it is a hard disease to deal with because so many people attach certain stigmas to it and don't understand. Fortunatly my depression is mild compared to others. It manifests itself in a very physical way. I have no energy, no motivation, I have one hell of time waking up and getting up in the morning and some mornings I feel like I physically can't get out of bed and end up calling in to work or something stupid like that and then sleep all day. I have tried 3 different anti-depressants and so far have not found one which works for me at all. I am actually going back on Monday.

Rest in Peace Daul.

she was a beautiful soul

her writing is intruiging & she seemed so emignatic

How sad! They were both such beautiful, young, talented, and hardworking women. Sadly in the modeling industry they are almost always pressured to look rail thin and perfect from head to toe. Too often it results in drug addiction, eating disorders, and a distorted body image. Since more and more people have complained about this in the past few years these agencies have been hiring a few size 6 models here and there and then parading them around as if to say "see we're doing something about it". What a joke! This needs to stop.

Thank you for starting this thread. I'd heard about her death, but hadn't read that it was a suicide. What a bright, talented, lovely girl. Such a loss.

I read through her blog, and knowing the end it reads as a long suicide note, complete with 'see, I tried to be happy' interludes. I respect her decision to end her life. I know that is offensive to some, and I'm uncomfortable saying it. If she tried hard to find peace and she was in constant pain, I understand her wanting to end the pain.

But having lost a friend to suicide I know how heartbreaking her death is to everyone who loved her. It's devastating. My friend was like her in a lot of ways, including choosing a method of death that is particularly horrible. (My friend jumped from the Bloor Viaduct). I wondered if the brutal method is to say - 'I wasn't kidding. I really wanted to kill myself'. Death by drugs or CO2 seems almost passive, like there might be some chance of surviving the attempt, some doubt of whether or not they really wanted to die. Hanging or jumping is an absolute testament to wanting not to live.

Her entry on 2009/08/09 is very telling:

'dont people understand

last stages

are

more

calm?

do you really think

im happy?'

When a person plans out their suicide, they can appear happy - and calm- because they know the end is near. They'll be leaving the party soon and will be on their way home.

Apparently Daul's friends called her out on some of her dark entries, and she denied being suicidal. She said that she was just lonely and depressed sometimes. I think she couldn't admit the truth because it would mean medical intervention and irreparable career damage, and it was her career that saved her from some of her unhappiness.

I wonder if people were able to be more open when talking about depression and feelings of hopelessness there would be less suicides. Depression seems to flourish in the dark.

(and I agree with everyone who mentioned her weight and pressure to be thin. She didn't appear to be healthy and I'm sure her hormones were out of whack being so very thin).

Re: Clinical depression I've suffered from it for years. And to the person who has tried three different medications - are your meds being managed by a psychiatrist? (Medical doctor first, then they go on to study disorders of the mind and the medications used for treating these disorders)

The reason I ask this is that I started out being treated by my family doctor. A very nice and caring doctor. But it turned out I needed a higher dosage than he was prescribing. Some people just need more due to their own individual metabolism is what I was told - by the psychiatrist I ended up going to see.

So, please don't give up because when the medication works it usually works well. I have never suffered from any bothersome side effects in the almost 20 years I have been taking SSRI anti-depressants. (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, such as Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, Cylexia, Lexapro)

Re: Clinical depression I've suffered from it for years. And to the person who has tried three different medications - are your meds being managed by a psychiatrist? (Medical doctor first, then they go on to study disorders of the mind and the medications used for treating these disorders)

The reason I ask this is that I started out being treated by my family doctor. A very nice and caring doctor. But it turned out I needed a higher dosage than he was prescribing. Some people just need more due to their own individual metabolism is what I was told - by the psychiatrist I ended up going to see.

So, please don't give up because when the medication works it usually works well. I have never suffered from any bothersome side effects in the almost 20 years I have been taking SSRI anti-depressants. (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, such as Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, Cylexia, Lexapro)

Hi! That was me who said I had tried three different kinds of anti-depressants. I see a psychiatrist now. When I originally went I went to a family practitioner for heart palapatations which were causing me to have bad anxiety. I get heart palps. really bad where I feel like my heart is not going to beat again and when it does it beats so hard and releases all that blood at once I have actually fainted which of course scared the crap out of me and I spent my days worrying I was on the verge of a heart attack. There isn't much you can do for heart palps except some dietary modifications. I was prescribed Xanax which has helped on many levels. We just haven't found the right anti-depressant for me yet. I started going about a yr and a half ago and so far have tried Welbutrin, Prozac and Celexa and none of them have effected me in any way. I just don't feel any different. They only effect I have felt is they have made my anxiety worse. Right now I am trying Celexa. I have only been taking it for 2 months. I went back to the Dr. today and she upped my dosage by 20mg's so I am going to try that for the next 2 months and see what happens. The negative thing about the Celexa (except for the fact it hasn't worked for me) is that I have gained weight.

It is frustrating but I know eventually we will find the right one. My fiance took Prozac for awhile and it made him so manic it was unbearable. Thank goodness he stopped that and is back on Effexor. When I took Prozac it didn't do anything. We considered the option that my lack of energy, apathy and general lethargy could be due to a physical medical issue so I went for a full physical, blood work, EKG's, the whole nine yards and nothing was wrong.

I am keeping the faith though. I look forward to the day I feel 'normal' and everything does not feel like a chore. Thank you for the advice.

Hi! That was me who said I had tried three different kinds of anti-depressants. I see a psychiatrist now. When I originally went I went to a family practitioner for heart palapatations which were causing me to have bad anxiety. I get heart palps. really bad where I feel like my heart is not going to beat again and when it does it beats so hard and releases all that blood at once I have actually fainted which of course scared the crap out of me and I spent my days worrying I was on the verge of a heart attack. There isn't much you can do for heart palps except some dietary modifications. I was prescribed Xanax which has helped on many levels. We just haven't found the right anti-depressant for me yet. I started going about a yr and a half ago and so far have tried Welbutrin, Prozac and Celexa and none of them have effected me in any way. I just don't feel any different. They only effect I have felt is they have made my anxiety worse. Right now I am trying Celexa. I have only been taking it for 2 months. I went back to the Dr. today and she upped my dosage by 20mg's so I am going to try that for the next 2 months and see what happens. The negative thing about the Celexa (except for the fact it hasn't worked for me) is that I have gained weight.

It is frustrating but I know eventually we will find the right one. My fiance took Prozac for awhile and it made him so manic it was unbearable. Thank goodness he stopped that and is back on Effexor. When I took Prozac it didn't do anything. We considered the option that my lack of energy, apathy and general lethargy could be due to a physical medical issue so I went for a full physical, blood work, EKG's, the whole nine yards and nothing was wrong.

I am keeping the faith though. I look forward to the day I feel 'normal' and everything does not feel like a chore. Thank you for the advice.

Kind of sounds like you are having PSVT's which probably won't show up on an EKG. If that, you get a strange feeling that something is wrong and it may feel like you can feel your heart beating in your throat. If you feel your pulse it will be over 180 beats per minute, decreasing cardiac output and you may get super weak.....may even faint. Anyway, I hope you find the right medicine!

Kind of sounds like you are having PSVT's which probably won't show up on an EKG. If that, you get a strange feeling that something is wrong and it may feel like you can feel your heart beating in your throat. If you feel your pulse it will be over 180 beats per minute, decreasing cardiac output and you may get super weak.....may even faint. Anyway, I hope you find the right medicine!

Thank you for the advice! I have read about PSVT's and from my understanding the best way to dianose it is to wear a holter monitor. I do get rapid hard heart beats, shortness of breath, dizzyness which comes out of nowhere but it has always been interpreted as a panic attack by myself and my doctor. Interesting. It may not be that at all - it causes me to have freaking panic attack because I think I am about to keel over. I suppose I should go to a cardiologist.:dance:

Thank you for the advice! I have read about PSVT's and from my understanding the best way to dianose it is to wear a holter monitor. I do get rapid hard heart beats, shortness of breath, dizzyness which comes out of nowhere but it has always been interpreted as a panic attack by myself and my doctor. Interesting. It may not be that at all - it causes me to have freaking panic attack because I think I am about to keel over. I suppose I should go to a cardiologist.:dance:

Did they check for Mitra Valve Prolapse for the heart palps? Sometimes it will do this and change the rate of the heart and cause palps. Also, many will display symptoms of getting dizzy. MVP is usually not dangerous in 99% of the cases and common in women Gaia..

Prayers for you and I hope they find the right combo of medications for you.

Also, I would suggest a blood test to check your Vit. D levels if you don't live in a State that is sunny. I had low levels and they can really cause problems in people.

Happy Thanksgiving

Gozgals

Checking Vitamin D levels is the latest craze with doctors now. I just had a follow up visit and mine was checked. My doctor said that 60% of the people she had tested had a vitamin D deficiency. Supposedly once I start taking a supplement I should have some relief from hip, knee and ankle pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back