The Broken Window

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NE Police Files pp.82
Referring to the window

TT: (Tom Trujillo)..Any reason why that one wasn't replaced or the pane wasn't fixed or anything?

PR: No, I don't know whether I fixed it or didn't fix it. I can't remember even trying to remember that, um, I remember when I got back, uh, in the fall, you know...went down there and cleaned up all the glass.

TT: Okay

PR: I mean I cleaned that thoroughly and I asked Linda to go behind me and vacuum. I mean I picked up every chunk, I mean, because the kids played down there in that back area there. And I mean I scoured that place when, cause they were always down there. BURKE PARTICULARLY AND THE BOYS WOULD GO DOWN THERE AND PLAY WITH CARS AND THINGS AND UH, THERE WAS JUST A TON OF GLASS EVERYWHERE.

Two things stand out:

1. Burke and the BOYS were always down there.

2. Patsy makes a point that she scoured every piece of glass because the boys were always down there playing.

With that in mind, why in the world can't she remember whether or not she had it fixed, was going to, asked someone to fix it, paid for having it fixed, etc.

She makes this great hoopla about how she picked up every chunk, had Linda follow behind her with the vacuum, all this caring about the boys playing down there and doesn't care that there is still a broken window where drafts and rain will come in, not to mention winter is coming. Yet, the only memory she has is cleaning all the glass, but remembers nothing else of the window. I think this is relevant because she is not a tidy person, yet she personally cleaned the glass up with Linda behind her? Why not have Linda just take care of the whole thing? It must have been important to her yet she can't remember anything else about the window, and seemed extremely concerned about the kids welfare.

Just a thought.

Its important to the R's to leave some doupt about that window to support the intruder theory and they have done it well.

How big was the 'break' if there was glass everywhere?

Patsy could remember having Linda help her clean it up and yet not remember if the window was fixed or still broken?

Show Me said:
How big was the 'break' if there was glass everywhere?

Patsy could remember having Linda help her clean it up and yet not remember if the window was fixed or still broken?

The way Patsy describes it, there would have been no glass left in the frame at all. The reports suggest a "shard" of glass at the crime scene.

Where is all the glass? Wouldn't there be a very big hole in the window, had it not been repaired?

Confusing

Where was this break?

PR: ..."I can't remember even trying to remember that... "

There is only one need to remember isn't there? Why the double remembering? My bets are this 'remembering about remembering' was for John and Patsy to get the story straight.

Barbara said:
NE Police Files pp.82
Referring to the window

TT: (Tom Trujillo)..Any reason why that one wasn't replaced or the pane wasn't fixed or anything?

PR: No, I don't know whether I fixed it or didn't fix it. I can't remember even trying to remember that, um, I remember when I got back, uh, in the fall, you know...went down there and cleaned up all the glass.

TT: Okay

PR: I mean I cleaned that thoroughly and I asked Linda to go behind me and vacuum. I mean I picked up every chunk, I mean, because the kids played down there in that back area there. And I mean I scoured that place when, cause they were always down there. BURKE PARTICULARLY AND THE BOYS WOULD GO DOWN THERE AND PLAY WITH CARS AND THINGS AND UH, THERE WAS JUST A TON OF GLASS EVERYWHERE.

Two things stand out:

1. Burke and the BOYS were always down there.

2. Patsy makes a point that she scoured every piece of glass because the boys were always down there playing.

With that in mind, why in the world can't she remember whether or not she had it fixed, was going to, asked someone to fix it, paid for having it fixed, etc.

She makes this great hoopla about how she picked up every chunk, had Linda follow behind her with the vacuum, all this caring about the boys playing down there and doesn't care that there is still a broken window where drafts and rain will come in, not to mention winter is coming. Yet, the only memory she has is cleaning all the glass, but remembers nothing else of the window. I think this is relevant because she is not a tidy person, yet she personally cleaned the glass up with Linda behind her? Why not have Linda just take care of the whole thing? It must have been important to her yet she can't remember anything else about the window, and seemed extremely concerned about the kids welfare.

Just a thought.
Patsy was/is a PERFECTIONIST--DO IT RIGHT/GREAT or DON'T DO IT AT ALL PERSON... and IMHO your post is so on-target...you have insight in that this is MAJOR stuff/info ... so why does everyone else think/believe this is minor stuff ... Patsy would be ashamed ya think ... Oh of course if Patsy THINKS much on her own these days ... ??? :behindbar

popcorn said:
PR: ..."I can't remember even trying to remember that... "

There is only one need to remember isn't there? Why the double remembering? My bets are this 'remembering about remembering' was for John and Patsy to get the story straight.

Patsy does tell us over and over again in DOI how many times she 'blinked' and 'grabbed her stomach'.

It's the little things Pats remembers....

Barbara said:
The way Patsy describes it, there would have been no glass left in the frame at all. The reports suggest a "shard" of glass at the crime scene.

Where is all the glass? Wouldn't there be a very big hole in the window, had it not been repaired?

Confusing

Where was this break?

There was a triple set of windows at that basement location. Each window measured 18 inches across by 30 inches high, with four panes of glass in each of the three windows. The upper left pane of glass in the center window was the one that was broken. The hole in the pane of glass measured 4 to 5 inches (about the size of a softball). The hole was big enough for someone to reach in and unlock the window, push the side-hinged window open, and enter the basement from inside the window-well outside.

JMO

Thanks Bluecrab,

I guess it's another case of Patsy overdramatizing the incident with chunks of glass "everywhere"

BlueCrab said:
There was a triple set of windows at that basement location. Each window measured 18 inches across by 30 inches high, with four panes of glass in each of the three windows. The upper left pane of glass in the center window was the one that was broken. The hole in the pane of glass measured 4 to 5 inches (about the size of a softball). The hole was big enough for someone to reach in and unlock the window, push the side-hinged window open, and enter the basement from inside the window-well outside.

JMO

Which John said in police interviews, he had broken months earlier.....soooo, Patsy and LP would have cleaned up all the glass, considering Burke and his friends played in the room. A shard could have escaped, maybe lodged in the window sideways and only appeared after John pushed the window shut.

Anyone could have reached through the broken pane to open the whole window and easily go in, but I think the window was "staging", maybe even by the R's themselves, since they were left with a body on their hands to explain. Their having to do a coverup doesn't at all mean they killed her. I think the suitcase by the window is just too obviously staging and that we could go on to something else. Don't ask me what.

If the Ramseys broke the window to appear an intruder entered...where IS the broken glass.

If Linda vacuumed, etc. - why was there a pea-sized piece on the suitcase?

Hmmm...isn't this where the door had a chair against it to keep anyone from entering (or exiting?)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back