Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beach View Post
    I know what you mean, Sots. I am holding out hope though. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe he wanted to release those he knew how he was going to rule on and is still researching and making sure he makes the right call....whichever way it goes. I want it in, but I am okay if it is not. I trust his judgement completely.

Holding out hope....
    Beach ITA...but knowing how and thorough HHJBP is a comfort because without a doubt there will be no room left for any error, or appellate issues down the line. Now way for the DT to CRY FOUL.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anais For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    I hope I am wrong....but me thinks that the chloroform / air samples will be out. Reading between the lines here.....the other orders are in but the chloroform is not....

I sense something here.
    I tend to agree with you. This is one of those times, I hope we are wrong.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    How about some celebratory jasmine tea for us teetotalers?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ImnFCMtxpw&t=1
    You think of everything, Ducky! Thanks friend!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

You know, I really, really, really want the air sampling evidence to be admitted and I just LOVE Dr. Vass. However, if it will cause an overturning of the verdict or a mistrial, I think Judge Perry has given the jury enough. What does the defense have left? There's no nanny, no squirrel, no pizza, no garbage - what on earth are they going to do to defend ICA??

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Shadow5618 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    The heart sticker bothers me a little bit. I can not imagine Casey placing the sticker on the duct tape as a sign of remorse for taking her life, but the defense could always spin it that way if they were going for the accidental death? I always thought that the heart sticker was Casey's way of saying much like what she said in the jail letters... that she is relieved that Caylee is no longer there so she would never have to have her heart broken... almost a crytic message... like... "I loved you... but you should have kept your mouth shut!"

I don't know?
    I see where you are coming from Lola. I think the sticker indicates premeditation though. Hush, kisses....goodbye

No accident comes equipped with a sticker..........

I know what you mean, Sots. I am holding out hope though. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe he wanted to release those he knew how he was going to rule on and is still researching and making sure he makes the right call....whichever way it goes. I want it in, but I am okay if it is not. I trust his judgement completely.

Holding out hope....
    All of these were law 101 to begin with. The dogs weren't a Frye issue. The only was that wasn't coming in was if they could show the dogs/handlers were unreliable or something wrong done in the examination. The hair banding was Frye but scientifically accepted. Ask Dr. Baden. LKB knew it and what points will have to be made during trial. HHJP used very simple to understand examples for why the witness sticker evidence can come in, again not Frye material and I'm sure the defense knew all of it was going to be denied anyway but they have to make a point of trying. Imo it really is as simple as RH has been saying since day 32? This case should have been pled out very early on. If you think about it most of this evidence would have never been brought out had Casey copped to an accident or something early on because these expensive tests, investigation and experts may not have been hired. We know JB is in it for himself. For the DP qualification status. I feel the prosecution is on the right track completely because had Casey copped to an accident she would have had to have led to the body. Couldn't come up with a good excuse for the duct tape and dumping her child like trash? Only Casey knows how she died.

ETA: Sorry, forgot to say just the decomp air samples are new precedent and most likely not coming in imo.
    Last edited by strach304; 04-26-2011 at 05:14 PM.

11. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

I know we're not at the Sidebar, but one of the perks of being a mod is we can break out the champagne for a special occassion even on a "dry" thread. Well, just this once.

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

Thanks Beach!!!

SALUTE!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

13. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Smile

I "think" that HHJP is going to allow the air sample/decomp smell in based on:

Dr. Vass' expertise and his testimony that his assistant jumped 2 feet when he smelled the "smell" ...

"It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" ... the ONLY TRUE statement EVER MADE by Ms Cindy ...

CA's 9-1-1 call is IN ... so hopefully HHJP will put the "icing on the cake" by allowing expert testimony on decomp smell !

15. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow5618 View Post
    You know, I really, really, really want the air sampling evidence to be admitted and I just LOVE Dr. Vass. However, if it will cause an overturning of the verdict or a mistrial, I think Judge Perry has given the jury enough. What does the defense have left? There's no nanny, no squirrel, no pizza, no garbage - what on earth are they going to do to defend ICA??
    ACT LIKE NERO........ WHILE ICA...........

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gma Kat For This Useful Post:

Let's stay on topic of this thread and kindly leave Geraldo out of the discussion. This post lands at random.
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow5618 View Post
    I hope Dr Vass will be testifying...My daughter and her friend are interested in forensics and they want me to bring them to attend the trial just to hear him testify....they are very interested in his work.

If we can't get in..I hope they have a jumbo tron outside of the courthouse or we'll find a local bar/restaurant with a TV showing the trial.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

I "think" that HHJP is going to allow the air sample/decomp smell in based on:

Dr. Vass' expertise and his testimony that his assistant jumped 2 feet when he smelled the "smell" ...

"It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" ... the ONLY TRUE statement EVER MADE by Ms Cindy ...

CA's 9-1-1 call is IN ... so hopefully HHJP will put the "icing on the cake" by allowing expert testimony on decomp smell !
    I am still ever so slightly optimistic because there has to be a first time for everything and JA was 1st to try a DNA evidence case...sooooo...we wait whilst holding my breath.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anais For This Useful Post:

I just love in the Hair denied motion that CJBP cited Petraco!

Oh, that must be irritating JB and CM!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

25. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    I hope I am wrong....but me thinks that the chloroform / air samples will be out. Reading between the lines here.....the other orders are in but the chloroform is not....

I sense something here.
    Maybe so. But I think the state will have enough with the hair and the stain in the trunk and the duct tape w/heart sticker and the 31 days. imoo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

27. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

The state would have had enough if Caylee's body had not been found.

Failure to report her missing child for that long, and then the partying pictures, were all it took for me.

29. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bullwinkle For This Useful Post:

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast