898 users online (70 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

SC - Angel Perez, 1 month, North Charleston, 23 Nov 2009

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC/WIS) - The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division has issued an AMBER Alert for a child out of North Charleston.

Police say a woman abducted the baby from a car at the post office on Rivers Avenue Monday afternoon.

According to a despondent mother, she pulled into the post office about 5pm with 1-month-old Angel Miguel Perez inside. She left the vehicle running and ran inside to drop off mail. When she returned, Perez was gone, she told police.

Witnesses said a stocky female was seen with a small child in her arms. She was reportedly seen getting into a gray, 4-door compact car.

Perez was last seen wearing a blue shirt and pants.

SLED is on the scene and handling the investigation.

Anyone with information should contact North Charleston Police at 554-5700. Any additional information will be forwarded.

I am a longtime lurker but this just flashed across my tv hope this is the right place

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11561808
    Last edited by redkatrampant; 11-23-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: edit:to add link

Exclamation SC - AMBER ALERT! Angel Miguel Perez, 1 month, North Charleston, 23 Nov 2009

Amber Alert Issued for 1 Month Old South Carolina Boy
    Posted: Monday November 23, 2009 7:06 PM CT

The State of South Carolina issued the Amber Alert Monday night (11-23) after the boy was abducted in North Charleston. According to reports the child's mother left the child in hoer car while she went into a post office to drop off mail. Upon her return the child was gone. According to a witness a suspect was seen getting into the suspect vehicle with the child in her arms.

Angel Miguel Perez , a 1 month old Hispanic male weighing 11 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue pants, white shoes and a blue hat.

The suspect is stocky black female in her mid-20s, approximately 5 feet 1inch and 175 pounds. She was wearing a blue and white vertical stripped shirt and possibly boots. She has straight black hair between her ears and shoulders.

The suspect vehicle is a gray, four door compact vehicle.

Anyone with information is asked to call the North Charleston Police Department at 843-822-1128 or dial 911.

http://www.codeamber.com/prerezsc/

AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old in N. Charleston

According to a despondent mother, she pulled into the post office about 5pm with 1-month-old Angel Miguel Perez inside. She left the vehicle running and ran inside to drop off mail. When she returned, Perez was gone, she told police.

Witnesses said a stocky female was seen with a small child in her arms. She was reportedly seen getting into a gray, 4-door compact car.

More: http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11561808

Another lady pretending to be pregnant and needing an infant STAT? Or just someone who wanted a baby. The former would suggest some amount of stalking, and babies grow a good deal in a month (unless Angel was a preemie, I suppose).

Let's hope the kidnapper honestly just wanted a baby, and Angel will be found and returned safe and unharmed very soon.

"Child in her arms" suggests she took the baby but not the car seat - from that photo, it would seem that Angel was just in one of those little newborn "pumpkin seat" types - why not take the whole thing - baby, seat and all?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Another lady pretending to be pregnant and needing an infant STAT? Or just someone who wanted a baby. The former would suggest some amount of stalking, and babies grow a good deal in a month (unless Angel was a preemie, I suppose).

Let's hope the kidnapper honestly just wanted a baby, and Angel will be found and returned safe and unharmed very soon.
    I hope that is the case, WhyaDuck. Another thought that crossed my mind was a person who was angry that a mother would leave her infant in the car, and thought she was "protecting" him by taking him. Either way, I hope it is nothing more, and that he is safe.

Just checked my journal, and my son was 9lbs1oz at birth and 9lbs5oz at one month (but he was breastfed - formula newborns tend to get heavier faster). I guess it is possible to pass a one month old off as a newborn, if he were small to begin with, and if the perp's bf is not knowledgeable about babies - or depending on how long ago she would claim to have given birth.

Not sure this is what it is, but just always a good first thought with newborn abductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    I hope that is the case, WhyaDuck. Another thought that crossed my mind was a person who was angry that a mother would leave her infant in the car, and thought she was "protecting" him by taking him. Either way, I hope it is nothing more, and that he is safe.
    I thought that, too - perhaps someone trying to teach her a lesson. Lordy - I might stand beside the car watching out for the baby, looking cross, until the mom returned, but I wouldn't snatch one as a lesson.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    stalking would certianly be a possiblity since the mother allegedly was in and out quick~like into the mail room.

The car was still running? Pulls up right in front? This is strange.

Descriptions and photos are so hard with newborns - they all just sort of look like Winston Churchill. I hope people are keeping their eyes open, but, man, it'd be a tough call to make when sitting next to a woman with a little baby on a bus or something.

Oh Lord, please protect little Angel.
    Love never fails.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11561563
    sorry if this was already posted. Has a picture of Angel

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    "Child in her arms" suggests she took the baby but not the car seat - from that photo, it would seem that Angel was just in one of those little newborn "pumpkin seat" types - why not take the whole thing - baby, seat and all?

If she only took Angel, and not the car seat-maybe she had one ready to use in HER car?!?! Also, the car was running and she took ONLY Angel...not Angel AND THE CAR!!! Seems like someone who 'wanted' a baby, or wanted THIS baby...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast