Thread 8
Thread 7
Thread 6
Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Continue here with discussion on Somer's case.

Post links to SR registry only, do not copy/paste info on SO to this thread, including photographs and inmate details.

Do not post personal information -- name, address, phone number -- of anyone LE has not named as suspect in the murder of Somer Thompson here.

References to minors other than the victim should be initials only (AC, AT, ST). When in doubt about whether you can use someone's name, use initials and provide link to source of information.

Links ONLY to Facebook/MySpace/Twitter pages with description of what you want us to look at. Don't copy and paste information here.

imamaze has been starting our new threads but doesn't look like they are on right now

I talked to my hubby about the landfill. He believes that there is no way that LE would invest the manpower in looking in the landfill unless LE had some tip.

He said that landfills have maps and they know exactly where a truck makes a dump. He said that where we live, where we have quite a few different garbage haulers, they get a ticket and then they go dump. He said that there is a deep hole and they dump. Then the garbage is capped. It doesn't stay uncovered, even overnight. That's the way it is here and he can't see that it would be different in other locations, but I certainly don't know.

We are not in the garbage business, in case you are wondering. Anyway, he said to me, "Do you know what a monumental undertaking that would be to dig through that garbage?" He asked me if I thought that the police where we live would send out a bunch of LE to dig through garbage on just a hunch?"

He feels that there must have been some kind of tip from someone to do it. So for whatever it's worth.

Regarding HS and the property dealings with SKC & PC, I believe that they probably sold him the property and carried the note on it and then had to foreclose on him. I think that is what all the court dealings are on that. So, when he left Florida, I believe he was broke.

Hi...I have somewhat been following this sad tale...very confusing

Great insight about why they searched the landfill..LE surely did not do that in other florida cases...Caylee, Jennifer Kesse etc...

I see they had a "bike ride" to raise yet more funds for the family...what is that about>?? why do they need more money??

I also don't see how this does squat to prevent child abductions

There are legitimate organizations out there that could use this money

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=148493&catid=338

Logical MInds. I'm glad that you are on here because you are so logical to me. I hope that you have some insights.

I have to go to bed. I should have gone a long time ago.

I have heard, but no confirmation that DT and PC both quit their jobs. It seems like the money is for the family, although on the last thread they siad that the reward has been raised to $64,000.

So what is you simplest idea on what has happened to Somer? I'll check tomorrow .

I see that it is late and no one is on the thread. I will post what I have to say anyway, in the hopes that someone pays attention to it when they log on.

Members here have spent an incredible amount of time & energy trying to track down CWG (me included). No matter how far we look, or how hard we look, we hit dead ends.

The only thing we know at this point is that he is a mystery in terms of how he came to be on the MPR.

LE claims he was mistakenly ID'ed. Was he? IDK! Nobody here knows! But someone knows!

There has been speculation on previous threads that the so-called "witness" listed on the MPR before him - CGG - might have been the one to ID him, since her name appears before his on the MPR.
Here are my questions:
If she was the one who ID'ed him to LE, why?
What is her connection to this case?

IMO, CGG is the one that needs to be sleuthed, in terms of her relationship with the victim, in terms of her relationship with the family, in terms of her relationship with CWG, in terms of her relationship with this crime.

CGG.

Who is she?

ETA: Of course, this is all based on whether or not she was the one to ID CWG to LE. No one, except LE & the unknown "woman", knows who ID'ed CWG.

I talked to my hubby about the landfill. He believes that there is no way that LE would invest the manpower in looking in the landfill unless LE had some tip.

He said that landfills have maps and they know exactly where a truck makes a dump. He said that where we live, where we have quite a few different garbage haulers, they get a ticket and then they go dump. He said that there is a deep hole and they dump. Then the garbage is capped. It doesn't stay uncovered, even overnight. That's the way it is here and he can't see that it would be different in other locations, but I certainly don't know.

We are not in the garbage business, in case you are wondering. Anyway, he said to me, "Do you know what a monumental undertaking that would be to dig through that garbage?" He asked me if I thought that the police where we live would send out a bunch of LE to dig through garbage on just a hunch?"

He feels that there must have been some kind of tip from someone to do it. So for whatever it's worth.

I assumed it was because of something they found in that Gano house and wanted to check the construction trash.I wasn't sure.Didn't they check the house then a bathroom at the park?

CGG.

Who is she?

Shortened and BBM.

I did a little searching on her this morning. Found her mother's obituary. Found her 25 year old son, who is all over the web. Found her FB and her brothers and sisters. Found out she works at the Naval hospital in Jacksonville. The middle name she uses is her maiden name. If you search for her on FB, leave it out.
And that's about it.

ETA...nothing for her on Clay County Clerk of Courts. I think she has also lived in Pinellas Park, St. Pete and Gulfport MS. I'll check the clerk of courts in those areas next.

Forget to say I found her husband R. He lives in Largo and I'm sure they are divorced, but I can't find the record.

Back in a recent thread.. someone asked if DT's father was FBI... according to ST he is a civil servant and worked for ATF. IDK if he still does... But a friend of mine also worked at ATF and they worked at the base in Brunswick.. Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). just FYI....btw, alot of folks live in jax and work at this base.

I recall Haleigh's, Cantu, and many other missing children cases being done this way, as well as those cases of missing women, like Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic.

Virginia Two

I think you need to take the name out of post #10 and use initials.

Also we don't know that the SC on the mpr is the same SC as the one who sold the house to HS.

I was beginning to think I was only one out here... mornin all

I recall Haleigh's, Cantu, and many other missing children cases being done this way, as well as those cases of missing women, like Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic.

I thought in Haleigh's case they did not follow trucks to the dump, especially trucks taking the trash that was in dumpsters the day she disappeared.

I think if they had, they may have found her.

All just my opinion.

I agree with human's hubby's speculation about why they went to the dump so quickly. Maybe it was a quick thinking officer, who wanted to implement a procedure that the dept. didn't even have in place yet, but were going to have in place at some later date.

Or maybe they received a good tip. My mind goes back to the night she disappeared and two women making comments in the press about checking the trash. And then the neighbor made some cryptic comment about the trash already being taken.
We know how tight lipped everyone has been since that night.

If they went to the dump on a tip, not a hunch, then I feel confident they have a pretty good idea who did this.
I still have no idea, but I am thinking they do.

I thought in Haleigh's case the did not follow trucks to the dump, especially trucks taking the trash that was in dumpsters the day she disappeared.

I think if they had, they may have found her.

All just my opinion.

I think you're right - and good morning to you.

Did you see the Today show this morning? They interviewed Shaniya's Dad along with his attorney, Michael Freed... isn't he Diena's attorney as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie