UNSOLVED IL - Niles, Skeletal Remains, in sleeping bag, Bunker Hill Woods, Nov'09

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Cook County Forest Preserve workers in north suburban Niles found human remains in a wooded area Saturday afternoon.
Workers at Bunker Hill Woods, near West Harts Road and West Touhy Avenue, found a sleeping bag containing badly decomposed skeletal remains early Saturday afternoon, Cook County Forest Preserve District spokesman Steve Mayberry said.

Very little information available. Some articles say the remains have not yet been determined to be human.

(Niles is a suburb north of Chicago and near Skokie, IL)

more at link

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...uman-Bones-Found-in-Niles-Woods-71044917.html

Haven't heard a thing about it since here in Chicago! Typical.

Haven't heard a thing about it since here in Chicago! Typical.

Me neither. Not a word. Not even a follow up article with a paragraph. Nothing. I agree, typical Chicago. :banghead:

Better late than never. Glad to see the Cook County medical office finally starting to catch up with technology. Praying they are online soon and can be named soon.

one of the investigators last names is DOE! I had to do a double take but that is the real last name of the investigator.

I did a double take on that too, webrocket.

Additionally, I am very curious how the relationship, or better said the cooperation is between Dart, the Cook County Sheriff handling the unidentified Gacy victims and the new/er admin/staff in the coroners office.

It will be interesting to see what cases make entry into NamUs in the upcoming months.

MOO it was a homeless person that had passed.

I don't remember why but in High School or Jr. High I was involved in a clean up of the forest preserve between Higgins and Devon on Dee Rd. Busy area surrounded by busy roads. We found a ton of crap including a queen sized metal bed frame. How it got there I haven't the faintest idea, there's no way to get in there unless you pull over on the busy road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back