1398 users online (272 members and 1126 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Gary Arrington, 40, Indianola, 14 Nov 2009

http://www.mcalesternews.com/archive...328112140.html

"Nothing would make an Indianola couple happier than to have their missing adult son home for Thanksgiving.

Gary Arrington, 40, of Indianola, has been missing since the early morning hours of Nov. 14, according to his family and the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Department.

He works with his mother and father, Judy and Harold Arrington, at the Indianola Grocery and Tire Services in Indianola.

Gary Arrington had last been accounted for on Nov. 14 when leaving RCB’s Bar on Texanna Road in the Eufaula area in McIntosh County, his mother said."

Another person missing from Oklahoma.. God help those who go missing there, it seems we have a number or missing cases, and unsolved homicides that are growing colder by the minute..

My prayers for this family in hopes they find their son in good health and okay..
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Search Intensifies for Missing Indianola Man
    http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/sta...T9HMZsPVA.cspx

"Security cameras captured Arrington as he pulled out of the parking lot, to make the 20 minute drive home to Indianola. But he never arrived there.
    When he failed to show up to open his tire business Saturday morning, Arrington's family began to fear the worst.
    His uncle, Don Johnson tells 2NEWS, "He's a fine young fellow and he has been so dependable. That is why it's got all of us shocked so much. We just feel like it's foul play. Because he's too trustworthy to take off and just leave. We just don't believe that could happen."

Evidently his Ford Ranger truck is very unique and identifiable:

"Pittsburg County Sheriff's investigators have run down numerous leads, and planes have searched the area, but so far there's been no sign of Arrington or his 2001 blue Ford Ranger.
    Dep. Doy Bennett hopes someone will remember seeing Arrington or his unique blue truck, and call the Sheriff's Department with information.
    "If you remember seeing a blue truck, or if you see a blue Ford Ranger, get up close to see it and take a look at the driver, or write down the license plate number. Because that may lead us to Gary."
    Arrington's pick-up truck has Oklahoma license plate number: 462-KKF. It has an auto dealer plate on the front of that says "3 Rivers Auto Outlet" and decal on the back window of a deer head with horns."
    Last edited by MeoW333; 11-25-2009 at 05:13 PM.

-J. Edgar Hoover

Topix/Eufaula just added an Arrington link:
    http://www.topix.com/city/eufaula-ok...g-since-nov-14

There is hardly anything out there about Gary Arrington and his missing status.

I think a thread has been started for those missing in OK.
    This man last seen at a bar near Eufaula,... where the Jamison family lived....
    I don't know if it is has any signifcance or not, but
    where are the missing people in OK and the killers of those
    that have been murdered?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Indianaola, OK has a population of 192 per 2009.
    http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Indianola-Oklahoma.aspx

Such a small town. Everyone would know Gary Arrington it would seem.
    I know the video in above link said Civil Air Patrol went over the route home he would have taken and did not see him or his pickup,
    but I wonder if family has driven the route home and back roads home.
    Gary Haugen

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Eufa...774399&2v=CITY
    Looks like Gary A would have had to pass over a body of water.
    Gary Haugen

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Eufa...774399&2v=CITY
    Looks like Gary A would have had to pass over a body of water.
    That's Lake Eufaula. The highway drive along it is very scenic. Largest lake in Oklahoma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eufaula_Lake
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Someone who says she's Gary's aunt started posting comments on Topix/Eufaula asking for help in publicizing his disappearance on 18 November. She explained as follows---this will give people some indication of the utter disregard LE and the media have for some victims in the state of Oklahoma (see also the Jamison family disappearance et al):

There is nothing on the news because law enforcment is not asking for it to be put there. I called the news stations and was told law enforcment has to request the information be put on the news for them to be able to use it. Family members can not do this. What a shame. If the news was covering the stories I think Law Enforcment would be doing a lot better job of looking and organizing search parties. None of this has been done for my nephew who has now been missing for 6 Days.

(posted on 19 November, pg. 6, #106,
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufa...CMAFJTU8FL5/p6 )

Here's the the MySpace page for RCB's bar in Eufaula:

http://www.myspace.com/rockingcountrybar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KAE View Post
    Here's the the MySpace page for RCB's bar in Eufaula:

http://www.myspace.com/rockingcountrybar
    I wish that RCB's bar would post info Gary on their MS page.
    Any posters/fliers?
    Any requests by LE/ family for residents/neighbors to be on the lookout on their property during Thanksgiving holiday?
    It sounds like Gary was seen leaving the parking lot on video and it is only a 20 minute drive home.
    Where can you be Gary??
    Hoping you come home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Someone who says she's Gary's aunt started posting comments on Topix/Eufaula asking for help in publicizing his disappearance on 18 November. She explained as follows---this will give people some indication of the utter disregard LE and the media have for some victims in the state of Oklahoma (see also the Jamison family disappearance et al):

There is nothing on the news because law enforcment is not asking for it to be put there. I called the news stations and was told law enforcment has to request the information be put on the news for them to be able to use it. Family members can not do this. What a shame. If the news was covering the stories I think Law Enforcment would be doing a lot better job of looking and organizing search parties. None of this has been done for my nephew who has now been missing for 6 Days.

(posted on 19 November, pg. 6, #106,
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufa...CMAFJTU8FL5/p6 )
    They are so full of b.s!!!! Since when is the news not able to write a story unless LE gives it to them??? What, they can't report on a situation in their area on their own initiative? No freedom of the press there? Are they the Sheriff's personal newsletter? Ridiculous.

The news medias need to pick up these stories to give the LE departments a kick in the A$$ and get cracking on actually trying to solve these cases.
    The Jamison family disappeared off the face of the earth, we've heard nothing more in the news about them, either.
    Perhaps LE is in some way really having to OKay what's going on the news. Maybe that's why they never solve anything there, it doesn't get on the news therefore there's no pressure on LE to solve anything.
    This needs to change and fast!

-J. Edgar Hoover

Gary's aunt just posted on Topix/Eufaula (Search on for Indianola Man Missing Since Nov 14, #3, http://www.topix.com/city/eufaula-ok...g-since-nov-14), and here's an excerpt:

The people at the bar all say Gary was in a good mood and seemed to be happy when he left saying he was heading home. There have been several people from our family in the area driving all roads, and posting fliers, but they have not found anything. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information leading to him. His truck is very distinctive. Please keep a look out for it and call police if it is seen. The family wants to say Thank You to all who are looking and praying. God Bless you all.

She also writes that OSBI is on the case, pinging Gary's cell to attempt to find it, but nothing yet.
    Last edited by wfgodot; 11-26-2009 at 01:45 PM.

I guess it's good the OSBI is on his case, is it normal for FBI to get involved in these cases? In any case, the more LE the better than just the local department, who may not have that much experience investigating.
    I wonder if the FBI has taken into consideration all these missing people and unsolved homicides in OK..

-J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I guess it's good the OSBI is on his case, is it normal for FBI to get involved in these cases? In any case, the more LE the better than just the local department, who may not have that much experience investigating.
    I wonder if the FBI has taken into consideration all these missing people and unsolved homicides in OK..
    Well.....maybe, on the OSBI involvement. Yes, they're the cream of the crop in OK, but---well, I was emailing back and forth with my best OK friend, professional, white-collar guy, well-educated, flies all over the U.S. for his job, etc. etc., born and raised here; we were chatting about the Jamisons and when the OSBI got brought up, he didn't even reach beyond a well-worn cliche when he wrote back (immediately) a one line answer: "OSBI? Couldn't find its butt with its hand."

And that's what a lot of us wind up thinking.

As for the FBI involvement, I think I read they were involved in the Jamison investigation. Can't remember where, so maybe, maybe not. With Mr. Arrington, I'm assuming there was a one-vehicle accident and he wound up in Lake Eufaula, sad to say. (Though with every little idea I post here, that should be prefaced with the words, "I'm probably wrong, but...")

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Beautiful weather in NE OK today---not a cloud in the sky and temperatures in the 50s.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast