Dog in a BP shirt greets customers at Clearwater store

octobermoon

Reaction score
The sequence of events happens dozens of times every day at the BP gas station/convenience store at U.S. 19 at Nursery Road.

An unsuspecting customer pulls up to the drive-through window. But instead of a store clerk, up pops two paws, deep brown eyes and the tongue-flapping grin of a happy chocolate Labrador retriever named Cody.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...-greets-customers-at-clearwater-store/1054216

--------------------------------

The picture is so cute~

I'd love to pull up to a convenience store and find that dog behind the counter. He's so cute in his shirt!

I read this and it made me smile. I'm a sucker for animals... he looked so cute in his shirt and badge. And I'm sure he loves the attention.

Ahhh, heartwarming and practical as I bet most people would think twice before they tried to cause trouble!!!:woohoo:

I have two cats now and while I love them, they just don't have the ability to comfort me like my dog did when I was a child. I really miss having a dog. One day I will.

Thanks for sharing this link. :)

What a pooch! He looks more professional & diligent that most people I've worked with. ;)

I'd drive an extra 1/2 mile to see him.

Oh, boy! What A cutie pie! I miss having a dog so much. Both of my previous dogs have taken the trip to the Rainbow Bridge due to old age. Now-I'm the mother of three spoiled cats.

When my last dog passed on at 17 years of age-I was so hurt-I swore I would never get another dog. But-now-I think its time again. For the longest time I have been feeling that pull

WOW the story made me so happy and all smiley. Now I am irritated! I am sorry, but all of their food is packaged. It's not like the guy is making food to order where dog hair can get it it. This is just plain stupid. The dog brings joy to numerous people and nobody has complained. I guess all the food in my house is contaminated since I have dogs.

I read the story about Cody the other day and am just now getting the chance to look at his picture! I just wanna get on my knees and give him big hugs and kisses and roll around in the floor playing with him... what a face!!! Then I read that the health dept. didn't approve....grrrrrrrr! Now poor Cody will be stuck at home by himself while his owner is at work. :( Don't these people realize that he's doing SO much more good than he is harm? Think about all the smiles he's probably responsible for! I mean, he makes the people that he greets happy ... and all the attention and affection makes him happy in return. I guess the health department would have my house condemned... 'cause I've got lots of critters living with me...

I read the story about Cody the other day and am just now getting the chance to look at his picture! I just wanna get on my knees and give him big hugs and kisses and roll around in the floor playing with him... what a face!!! Then I read that the health dept. didn't approve....grrrrrrrr! Now poor Cody will be stuck at home by himself while his owner is at work. :( Don't these people realize that he's doing SO much more good than he is harm? Think about all the smiles he's probably responsible for! I mean, he makes the people that he greets happy ... and all the attention and affection makes him happy in return. I guess the health department would have my house condemned... 'cause I've got lots of critters living with me...

I saw another story on Cody - and it included these comments in the article -- and ITA w/ "Wanderer":

Readers online were equally upset. " I am e-mailing the mayor, vice mayor and governor about it...this should be falling under the Doggy Dining Bill...if owners are allowed to have their dogs at restaurants, what's the harm in having the dog at the store?" wrote Nikki Oldaker on TampaBay.com. Wanderer added , " Seriously, guys? Surely public health and the FDA should be dealing more with what goes into our food BEFORE packaging and selling than worrying about what's in the store with PREPACKAGED AND SEALED food."

There's also another cute picture of him here

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...t-convenience-store-lwf-200912041259981836856

ETA -=- and a video too!

I saw another story on Cody - and it included these comments in the article -- and ITA w/ "Wanderer":

Readers online were equally upset. " I am e-mailing the mayor, vice mayor and governor about it...this should be falling under the Doggy Dining Bill...if owners are allowed to have their dogs at restaurants, what's the harm in having the dog at the store?" wrote Nikki Oldaker on TampaBay.com. Wanderer added , " Seriously, guys? Surely public health and the FDA should be dealing more with what goes into our food BEFORE packaging and selling than worrying about what's in the store with PREPACKAGED AND SEALED food."

There's also another cute picture of him here

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...t-convenience-store-lwf-200912041259981836856

ETA -=- and a video too!

OMG, Cody is sooooo cute! I saw this story on the news last night. The owner thinks that Cody was drawing more customers to his store too. His competition is a larger convenience store.

I think a lot of people would go to his store to see the cute dog in the t-shirt. I really hope they change their minds, and let Cody have his job back!

This was a happy story going sad....Cody is adorable and needs to be at work where he is happy and not stuck home all alone. I have been keeping up with this story in the news. I hope there will be a way for Cody to return.

...as a joke, Mansour put a shirt with a BP logo on the dog, and gave him a name tag. "While he's here, he's an employee. My rule is, 'all employees need to wear the shirt,' " Mansour said.

Too funny! I love it. I have a Black Lab that we sometimes put my husband's AT&T shirt on...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back