Navy SEALs accused of punching accused Falluja plotter

Melly53

Reaction score
As the mother of a member of our military this story makes me angry. :furious: It seems these days that the terrorists have more rights and are accorded more respect than our own service members!!! Personally I think he ought to be grateful that they did not do the same thing to him that was done to the four Americans that lost their lives because that is what he deserves IMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/25/navy.seals.falluja/index.html

Three U.S. Navy SEALs face criminal charges after the alleged mastermind of one of the most notorious crimes against Americans in Iraq accused them of punching him after his capture, the military said Wednesday. Ahmed Hashim Abed -- thought to be behind the slayings and mutilation of four U.S. contractors in Falluja in 2004 -- made the accusations against the three servicemen

The servicemen say they did not harm the detainee in any way and they want their names cleared in a court-martial so they can continue their careers in the Navy.

Because the charges against Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe, Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe and Petty Officer Julio Heurtas are the military equivalent of misdemeanors, they will go before a special court-martial, which is for less serious offenses than those heard in a general court-martial.

If found guilty, they could be sentenced to a maximum of a year in a military prison, demotion to the lowest Navy rank, a cut in pay and a bad conduct discharge. But if found innocent of all charges, they would be able to continue their careers with no record of the case in their personnel files.

Ahmed Hashim Abed is thought to be the mastermind behind the attack on four contractors, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL, who were working for the Blackwater company when they were attacked in Falluja in 2004. After they were killed with hand grenades and rifles, their bodies were set on fire and dragged through the streets. The bodies of two of them were hung from a bridge in Falluja, an image that was broadcast around the world.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Proud mother of a U.S. sailor!!

I remember when that happened. Frankly, if they'd buried him in the desert I wouldn't care. I know I should say we are better than that, but I'm all outta sympathy for these terrorist azzhats.

As the mother of a member of our military this story makes me angry. :furious: It seems these days that the terrorists have more rights and are accorded more respect than our own service members!!! Personally I think he ought to be grateful that they did not do the same thing to him that was done to the four Americans that lost their lives because that is what he deserves IMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/25/navy.seals.falluja/index.html

Three U.S. Navy SEALs face criminal charges after the alleged mastermind of one of the most notorious crimes against Americans in Iraq accused them of punching him after his capture, the military said Wednesday. Ahmed Hashim Abed -- thought to be behind the slayings and mutilation of four U.S. contractors in Falluja in 2004 -- made the accusations against the three servicemen

The servicemen say they did not harm the detainee in any way and they want their names cleared in a court-martial so they can continue their careers in the Navy.

Because the charges against Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe, Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe and Petty Officer Julio Heurtas are the military equivalent of misdemeanors, they will go before a special court-martial, which is for less serious offenses than those heard in a general court-martial.

If found guilty, they could be sentenced to a maximum of a year in a military prison, demotion to the lowest Navy rank, a cut in pay and a bad conduct discharge. But if found innocent of all charges, they would be able to continue their careers with no record of the case in their personnel files.

Ahmed Hashim Abed is thought to be the mastermind behind the attack on four contractors, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL, who were working for the Blackwater company when they were attacked in Falluja in 2004. After they were killed with hand grenades and rifles, their bodies were set on fire and dragged through the streets. The bodies of two of them were hung from a bridge in Falluja, an image that was broadcast around the world.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Proud mother of a U.S. sailor!!

"punching"???? Gotta be "F"ing kidding me!

Speaking as a vet myself and the proud wife of a retired Army Ranger, I can truly say I am sickened at this story. I hope and pray these service members get cleared of this and it is soon put behind them. They are fighting for our country with very little pay and often very little praise, and this is the thanks they receive. God bless them.

What can we do? Is there anything that we as citizens can do to help these men?

I think they should be given a medal for punching him. It would take a lot of restraint for me not to do worse.

This is not the kind of message we want to send to our troops overseas. Perhaps that is why you cannot find this story on any of the MSMs, except FOX News.

Why is that? Are they trying to keep this story from getting back to the troops? or are they trying to prevent the story from getting out to the majority of Americans?

Don't just ask yourself why these men are being court-martialed, but why this is being kept from the American Public?

fran

I wanted to post, but am so disgusted and angry about this that I had better keep my mouth shut.

Well, that's impossible, but I guess I will say that this is INSANE, and stop right there.

Who cares if a terrorist got punched, he's lucky if he only got punched.
These terrorists should have no rights at all. They shouldn't complain either.
The terrorists are lucky if they aren't tortured slow to death, as thats what they deserve!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back