GUILTY FL - Three women, 6yo girl shot to death at Jupiter Thanksgiving dinner, 26 Nov 2009

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1353760.html

Four people, including a 6-year-old girl, are dead and another is in the hospital after police say a man opened fire on his relatives as they gathered for a Thanskgiving Day feast in Jupiter last evening.

The search is on for 35-year-old Michael Merihige of Miami, who left the scene in a blue 4-door Toyota with Florida tags W427JT.

The Thanksgiving Day gathering had drawn about 17 friends and family to the home, Pascarella said this morning. At some point, Merhige arrived, left and then returned, shooting his sisters Lisa and Carla Merhige, as well as Ramon Joseph and 6-year-old Makayla Sitton.

He shot the little girl while she was in bed. Why would a 35 year old man go out of his way to shoot a little girl? He also killed his twin sisters & his aunt. My first thought was that maybe he got caught molesting his cousin. It is horrible, what is wrong with people??

Oh god what a beautiful little girl. He went out of his way to kill her......what an evil .

Sad we can't get through a holiday without a family shooting anymore.

This quote sums it up:

"I don't understand how a person could shoot a little girl while she was lying in her bed. What could possibly be so wrong in your life that you would do that?" Feldman, a neighbor, asked this morning.

What could have been so wrong?

Sad we can't get through a holiday without a family shooting anymore.

This quote sums it up:

"I don't understand how a person could shoot a little girl while she was lying in her bed. What could possibly be so wrong in your life that you would do that?" Feldman, a neighbor, asked this morning.

What could have been so wrong?

We cant even get through a week or two without a multiple family murder anymore. At the first of the year I tried to keep up with how many family members had lost their lives this way but it got to be so many I lost count.

And these type of crimes always escalates around holidays especially Thanksgiving and Christmas time. With the condition our country is in now imo it will rise even higher than it has been in the recent past.

I fear we will see more of the same in the coming weeks. I would love to be wrong.

imo

How sad, one aunt was pregnant and 6 year old little girl was in bed.........

We live very close this. Everyone is talking about it. HORRIBLE!!!
They still have not found him, that is really scary. But I read he had threatened suicide before, so maybe that is how he has chosen to end this terror.
He will be found and justice will prevail. Here and beyond.

Words cannot express the shock and sadness everyone has for this family.
This little girls family is of strong faith, I hope that brings some comfort. I pray that it brings some comfort.

:praying:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...elative+sought+in+4+Thanksgiving+Day+killings

"JUPITER — Authorities in Florida are searching today for a man police said opened fire on his family after Thanksgiving dinner and killed four people, including his pregnant sister and a 6-year-old cousin who was sleeping in her bed."
:furious:
"There had been “ongoing resentment” in the family, but investigators weren’t sure what specifically prompted the shooting, officials said. Police were looking for Paul Michael Merhige, 35, of Miami. He was believed to be driving a royal blue 2007 Toyota Camry with a rear spoiler and Florida license plate.

Merhige is also accused of gunning down his pregnant sister’s twin and his 79-year-old aunt."

There is now a nationwide manhunt for the suspect, Paul Michael Merhige. He is a 35 yr old white male with brown hair, brown eyes. Last seen driving a royal blue 2007 Toyota Camry (4 door) with a rear spoiler, factory rims, no tint. FL Tag W42 7JT. He recently purchased 2 handguns & a sniper rifle. Allegedly has a history of mental illness & domestic violence issues involving one of the sisters (now murdered). He shot this little baby point blank in the head, heart & 3 other places & also killed his elderly Aunt and twin sisters, one of which was pregnant. Please please spread the suspect's info & picture. He needs to be caught. May be heading to Michigan.

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/no...erhige-jupiter-sh/BNP4GlBCQEesdVaGDnC6AQ.cspx

Thank you for sharing that. I've been checking pbpost and I guess they haven't updated the info.
Heartbreaking. The details are chilling and awful (don't know how else to express it)
I need a tissue.

Thank you for sharing that. I've been checking pbpost and I guess they haven't updated the info.
Heartbreaking. The details are chilling and awful (don't know how else to express it)
I need a tissue.

I meant to quote you, native.

Live nearby & DH is LE so I will try to update as much as I can. Absolutely heartbreaking & awful. It's been almost 2 days & he could be anywhere at this point.

It won't really matter to the parents, but I wonder if he aimed at the little girl or if she was hit by a stray bullet? It sounds like there were a lot of bullets flying around, besides the four killed, two more were injured.

Usually when some decides to shoot, they will aim at the men first. The men present the most danger to them. But this guy shot and injured two men, but killed the 3 women and a child.

It won't really matter to the parents, but I wonder if he aimed at the little girl or if she was hit by a stray bullet? It sounds like there were a lot of bullets flying around, besides the four killed, two more were injured.

Usually when some decides to shoot, they will aim at the men first. The men present the most danger to them. But this guy shot and injured two men, but killed the 3 women and a child.

I think he killed this darling little girl on purpose. She was sleeping in her own bed when murdered.

I don't think bullets were indiscriminately being shot. I think he was shooting at specific targets and for some reason he went to this little girl's room and outright murdered her in cold blood, imo.

imo

The details from the article linked above about Makayla are heartbreaking. She was trying to tell the family the meaning of Thanksgiving and the importance of being thankful to God, and reciting Psalm 100 to those gathered at the table, and then this "man" (I use the word loosely) returns later with a gun and cold-bloodedly executes her with five shots while she is asleep in bed.

What depths of rage must have been in his heart, to kill this innocent little child in such a calculated and craven way!

Link:
http://www.wptv.com/content/news/no...erhige-jupiter-sh/BNP4GlBCQEesdVaGDnC6AQ.cspx

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back