904 users online (140 members and 764 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Luis Martinez, 2, Valrico, 27 November 2009

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov...news-breaking/

Dozens of volunteers and deputies on foot, horseback and in the air were searching late this evening for a missing 2-year-old boy.
    Luis Martinez was reported missing by his parents at around 3 p.m. He was last seen playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road.
    In addition to deputies on the ground and mounted patrols, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is using police dogs and a helicopter to search for Luis.
    Deputies set up a blockade at the corner of Silver Lane and Mulrennan and are searching all vehicles coming or going into the neighborhood.
    As night fell and word spread about the missing child, dozens of residents grabbed flashlights to help search nearby dense woods and other areas.
    The sheriff's office conducted a reverse-911 call to alert neighbors in a 5-mile radius about the missing child and began contacting all the registered sexual offenders in the area.
    Spanish-speaking deputies were brought in to interview the parents, who are cooperating with investigators, the sheriff's office said. Deputies are prepared to search all night if necessary.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued a missing child alert at about 7:30 p.m.
    Luis was last seen wearing a blue-and-white striped shirt with a tiger logo, red pants and sandals.

Dozens of volunteers and deputies on foot, horseback and in the air were searching late this evening for a missing 2-year-old boy.
    Luis Martinez was reported missing by his parents at around 3 p.m. He was last seen playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road.
    In addition to deputies on the ground and mounted patrols, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is using police dogs and a helicopter to search for Luis.
    Deputies set up a blockade at the corner of Silver Lane and Mulrennan and are searching all vehicles coming or going into the neighborhood.
    As night fell and word spread about the missing child, dozens of residents grabbed flashlights to help search nearby dense woods and other areas.
    The sheriff's office conducted a reverse-911 call to alert neighbors in a 5-mile radius about the missing child and began contacting all the registered sexual offenders in the area.
    Spanish-speaking deputies were brought in to interview the parents, who are cooperating with investigators, the sheriff's office said. Deputies are prepared to search all night if necessary.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued a missing child alert at about 7:30 p.m.
    Luis was last seen wearing a blue-and-white striped shirt with a tiger logo, red pants and sandals.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

OH NO! Florida again!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Not another Floridian child! How many children have to go missing before that State wakes up.

Why hasn't an amber alert been issued?

At this time, an Amber Alert has not been issued

The child, Luis Martinez, was last seen playing at a neighbor’s home located at Silver Lane (between Mulrennan Road and State Road 60).

What I'd like to know is --

- was the neighbor babysitting the child
    - how many children are in the neighbors home and ages
    - how long did the parents know the neighbor
    - where were the bio-parents at the time

IMHO 2 year olds just don't walk away. Something terrible has happened to this precious baby. When LE states Luis was last seen playing at a neighbor's home -- that is very vague to me. We definetly need more info.

Melanie

I hope they find him... we just got back from Florida, and they are having a cold snap... if he wandered away the cold snap is a big issue, because it has been getting pretty chilly at night down there.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    shewww...thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    shewww...thank you!
    Your welcome, the reverse 911 calls LE used sounds good, too. It alerted everyone in a 5 mile radius.

Checking 411.com, no Martinez' listed on Silver Ln.

From looking at Google maps it's a rather short street with several drives intersecting to Silver Ln. Mostly mobile homes and what looks to be thick, heavily wooded areas.

Please come home lil' one! You are adorable!

FL - Luis Martinez, 2, Valrico, 27 November 2009

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...co-boy/1054875

VALRICO — More than 100 deputies and volunteers were scouring an area in eastern Hillsborough County late Friday for a missing 2-year-old boy last seen asking a neighbor for ice cream.

Luis Martinez was last seen shortly before 3 p.m. by a neighbor near his Silver Lane home, off South Mulrennan Road, just south of State Road 60, and the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office said it remains baffled about his disappearance.

"At this point in time, we have no idea where he's at," sheriff's Col. Greg Brown told reporters at a news conference about 9 p.m. "We have to figure out where he's at."

Deputies were interviewing the boy's parents, whose identities were not immediately released. Brown, who said the parents have been cooperative, could not say if Luis was being supervised by an adult when he disappeared.

Brown said the boy weighs about 30 pounds, stands between 30 inches and 3 feet even, and was wearing sandals, red pants, and a blue shirt with horizontal white stripes and the picture of a tiger in the front. He was last seen by the neighbor on Silver Lane.

Last edited by momtective; 11-28-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Checking 411.com, no Martinez' listed on Silver Ln.

From looking at Google maps it's a rather short street with several drives intersecting to Silver Ln. Mostly mobile homes and what looks to be thick, heavily wooded areas.

Please come home lil' one! You are adorable!

I was just coming here to post this.

Let me get it out of the way:

AGH! How can you not supervise your two year-old? The article I read said he was walking up and down the street for awhile asking for ice cream, etc. Parents could not say who was watching him.

That said, I pray for this little guy's return. I was looking at the search map at baynews9.com and while there are some patches of woods, there are a ton of houses in every direction. My fear is that he fell into a hole or a pond, but I wonder if he's in someone's care. It'd be hard to ignore the helicopters circling overhead, though. Unless they wanted to.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Luis is asked to call 911 or the Sheriff's Office at 247-8200.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov...ssing-valrico/

There are conflicting reports about what Martinez was doing when he was last seen. Some reports say he playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road. Other reports say he was walking up and down his street asking for ice cream.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/CountyB...gh_county.html

Quote Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
    I was just coming here to post this.

Let me get it out of the way:

AGH! How can you not supervise your two year-old? The article I read said he was walking up and down the street for awhile asking for ice cream, etc. Parents could not say who was watching him.

That said, I pray for this little guy's return. I was looking at the search map at baynews9.com and while there are some patches of woods, there are a ton of houses in every direction. My fear is that he fell into a hole or a pond, but I wonder if he's in someone's care. It'd be hard to ignore the helicopters circling overhead, though. Unless they wanted to.
    I want to go find him! He is just adorable...WHY weren't they watching him!
    please let them find this sweet boy!

Prayers for little Luis tonight. Be found soon!

Also, just a side note, no official AMBER Alert has been issued for him through NCMEC.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast