Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
knock it off

knock it off

knock it off

Please continue your discussion of Misty here.

Well, now that you scared the socks offa my cat....... :)

If Ronald married Misty to get information from her, what is the consensus for why she married him? Is it really about security for her, because she sure didn't put up much of a fight to keep the marriage. I mean, it was a shrug of her shoulders and a waive of the 20 day waiting period.

Why would Misty marry Ronald, and why would her parents sign the emancipation papers to allow her to do it?

Debs, I think your question is maybe what LE wants some answers to.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Misty's parents care what she does. They seem to be to wrapped up in theft, drugs, and domestic disputes. IMO the only reason she is with them now is she has nowhere else to go. There is no love lost between any of them, and they use and abuse each other often. I hope someone gets the kids out of there before something bad happens. I wonder if Misty ever even had a chance. I pity her situation, but I also think she knows more than she says.

If Ronald married Misty to get information from her, what is the consensus for why she married him? Is it really about security for her, because she sure didn't put up much of a fight to keep the marriage. I mean, it was a shrug of her shoulders and a waive of the 20 day waiting period.

Why would Misty marry Ronald, and why would her parents sign the emancipation papers to allow her to do it?

She said in the airport that she didn't want the divorce and Ron did, and like you said, she sorta shrugged her shoulders and said If that's what he wants, nothing I can do about it, (parapharasing there). And I think that's true, really, what could she do, you can't force someone to stay w/ you if they want a divorce.

I think she married him because she thought she "loved" him. Remember being 17 and in "love", you thought that was IT, the BIG L-O-V-E of your whole life, lol. I think she felt like that. She puts on a good front but I think deep down she is just looking for someone to cherish her, something she has never had. imo.

Wow, great questions. Yeah, why did Misty accept a marriage proposal and wed Ron so quickly. Maybe she was promised she would be taken care of in many different ways. I recall how giddy Misty was showing off her ring and telling how he proposed. She seemed delighted. And, she was glowing at her backyard wedding. Then a few days later, sitting next to Ron on the set of a television show, she looked like a little deer caught in the headlight when asked about the inconsistences in her story. She looked at Ron as if she expected him to answer. Maybe that was part of the deal, Ron would take care of all the questions about her involvement the night Haleigh disappeared.
Or, did she by marrying Ron in order to fulfill her threat to Amber that she was going to take her man.
Okay, I'm stummped. I have no answer. I do know I have the answer why Ron married Misty: so that he would not be charged with having sex with an under aged girl. No one can change my mind on that. I'm sticking with it.

AZ I agree, but that just can't be the only reason. She married him and then a few months later when he says its over, its over. And she gets nothing? There has to be something in it for her, I just don't know what. Theres no reason I can imagine to this marriage except for the fact of Ron's involvement with underage sex and she gets nothing, it just boggles the mind. We know she is a survivor, so I can't understand her walking away with nothing. There was never any love on anyone's part.

Hahahaha. I noticed there are only a few posts on this thread.

Look everyone, it is so easy to do. Post in a polite manner. No hidden insults that when discovered you try and deny, no wording a post so it can be taken in several ways, no pushing the alert button because your feelings are hurt because you know the poster is "trying to be mean to you", . . . just discuss and be mature.

No one needs to worry for one iota. As long as you post like a normal mature adult.

See how simple?

Have we heard anything here of late concerning Misty? Last I've heard was she was present when LE arrested Pop Sr. at the home. Anyone heard any updates?

I have been wondering if it is okay to start a thread for Kristina Prevatt, Nay Nay as some call her, I really would like to know if she is indeed living with Misty, wasn't sure if she could be discussed in detail here.

I think Misty married Ron because she was in love. I'm sure we all remember how at that age, love is everything. She really seemed happy, almost ecstatic, when showing off her ring and talking about his proposal. When the marriage was over, she handled it like every other disappointment in her short life. She pretended like it didn't matter, shrugged her shoulders to show her indifference, and went on with her life. No one has ever been there for Misty, why should Ron be any different.
Now Ron, on the other hand, married Misty so he wouldn't go to jail. This is what I believe. Also, with her close by, he could control what she said and who she said it to.

MOO ! MOO ! MOO ! MOO !

I think Misty married Ron because she was in love. I'm sure we all remember how at that age, love is everything. She really seemed happy, almost ecstatic, when showing off her ring and talking about his proposal. When the marriage was over, she handled it like every other disappointment in her short life. She pretended like it didn't matter, shrugged her shoulders to show her indifference, and went on with her life. No one has ever been there for Misty, why should Ron be any different.
Now Ron, on the other hand, married Misty so he wouldn't go to jail. This is what I believe. Also, with her close by, he could control what she said and who she said it to.

MOO ! MOO ! MOO ! MOO !

I agree, also so they don't have to testify against each other if they are married. I always thought that when someone in the midst of an investigation gets married asap.

I still think Misty married Ron because she was obsessed with marrying him and desperate to do so, even showing a fake pregnancy test. I'm just suprised she left so quietly without getting revenge or playing more mind games. It does seem though like Ron may have had to tell her that they may get back together someday. Maybe he meant it, but I doubt it. Marrying her didn't help him find out any info it seems.

yep, quickest divorce I ever heard of. He filed, she signed, judge approved. I think it took about a day.

I wonder if Misty agreed to marry Ron so her children with Ron would be “legitimate” and “wanted”. Children born out of wedlock are often made to feel they are unwanted if their parents don't marry and don’t deserve to live. Ron and Misty’s marriage was frowned upon by the church so perhaps her desire to have legitimate children with god’s blessing fell through the cracks when the church refused to marry them. All of Ronald’s children were conceived out of wedlock. I wonder how Misty made HaLeigh and Jr feel about being illegitimate children. Misty’s parents are married and Misty’s brothers were married before they had children. A lot of couples are talked into marriage when a woman becomes pregnant in order to provide her and her children with a stable home. I don’t understand why HaLeigh would want her father to marry Misty and not Crystal. I question whether Misty ever truly accepted any of Ronald’s illegitimate children and marriage would give her children an advantage over his others.

I personally think,Ron would never have married Misty. He would have lived with her, he only married Misty, after Haleigh disappeared. He was being hit not with only Haleigh's disappearance,but the media BLASTING that "The last person to see Haleigh, was the 17 year old babysitter/live in.
Misty,changed her story about where Haleigh was, because of how bad it sounded "when she told about all of them being in "His Bed". I think he was afraid that Child Welfare would get a bunch of calls, and he might get arrested for "underage tampering".
I thought it was smart of him to get the focus off of his living conditions, by Marrying Misty.
I believe at first, he wanted to assure everyone that he had nothing to do with it..but when Misty started off by saying "we were all in the same bed" he knew that was looking bad and made her change that part..now Haleigh was in her own bed.
I truly believe Misty was passed out and " nothing woke her up" she doesn't know what happened...her guilt is that "it could be anyone of her own relatives,sex offender relatives,her drug buddies, Ron's drug buddies, her brother's drug buddies,and she knows that allowing these people to have access to innocent Haleigh while she was "passed out" lead to her disappearance.
Ron "needed to distance" himself from Misty, because of all the negative publicity...if he kept pledging allegiance to Misty it made him look like he is and was involved.
Ron, may be a person that has been raised that selling prescription drugs is just a way to make ends meet...I can't help but believe he loved Haleigh. He may have alot of problems but I don't believe he would ever hurt Haleigh.
The kin of Misty's that had either abused Misty when she was young, that left the day Haleigh disappeared, has always had my vote...lot of woods and hiding places between where this happened and where he lives....

Misty's cousin is not a sex offender. That was cleared up right away by Hardy. Misty is the one putting that out there. Now she has added her brother to the mix. Misty has a problem, and it isn't her getting abused. Misty has a problem telling the truth. She is an attention seeker..mo.

I agree, also so they don't have to testify against each other if they are married. I always thought that when someone in the midst of an investigation gets married asap.
That would not apply in this case, if Rc or MC had anything to do w/ Haleigh's abduction. That law doesn't apply when you are talking about crimes against minor children.

I personally think,Ron would never have married Misty. He would have lived with her, he only married Misty, after Haleigh disappeared. He was being hit not with only Haleigh's disappearance,but the media BLASTING that "The last person to see Haleigh, was the 17 year old babysitter/live in.
Misty,changed her story about where Haleigh was, because of how bad it sounded "when she told about all of them being in "His Bed". I think he was afraid that Child Welfare would get a bunch of calls, and he might get arrested for "underage tampering".
I thought it was smart of him to get the focus off of his living conditions, by Marrying Misty.
I believe at first, he wanted to assure everyone that he had nothing to do with it..but when Misty started off by saying "we were all in the same bed" he knew that was looking bad and made her change that part..now Haleigh was in her own bed.
I truly believe Misty was passed out and " nothing woke her up" she doesn't know what happened...her guilt is that "it could be anyone of her own relatives,sex offender relatives,her drug buddies, Ron's drug buddies, her brother's drug buddies,and she knows that allowing these people to have access to innocent Haleigh while she was "passed out" lead to her disappearance.
Ron "needed to distance" himself from Misty, because of all the negative publicity...if he kept pledging allegiance to Misty it made him look like he is and was involved.
Ron, may be a person that has been raised that selling prescription drugs is just a way to make ends meet...I can't help but believe he loved Haleigh. He may have alot of problems but I don't believe he would ever hurt Haleigh.
The kin of Misty's that had either abused Misty when she was young, that left the day Haleigh disappeared, has always had my vote...lot of woods and hiding places between where this happened and where he lives....

I could not agree more with your post. Once the whole truth is exposed, there is going to be many surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100