792 users online (106 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Luke Finch, 3, Cocoa, 28 Nov 2009

I've followed this story for a while today -- little Luke is still missing

Police: Man Abducted 3-Year-Old Son
    Pair Disappeared During Court-Scheduled Visitation

POSTED: Saturday, November 28, 2009
    UPDATED: 8:57 pm EST November 28, 2009

COCOA, Fla. -- Cocoa police are asking for the public's help in locating a father who is accused of abducting his 3-year-old son during a court-scheduled visitation.

Paul Martikainen, 36, of Palm Bay, was with his son, Luke Finch, at Riverfront Park in Cocoa around noon Saturday when the pair disappeared.

A court-appointed supervisor monitored Martikainen and his son because of the father's history of alleged abuse against the child, according to a news release.

Martikainen slipped away from the supervisor, and he and his son were last seen at about 1 p.m., according to the release.

Martikainen's address is 554 SW Fournier St. in Palm Bay, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported. He was last seen driving a 1990s model Ford Explorer with a Florida tag of 142 KEA.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cocoa Police Department.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21749373/detail.html

Link to FDLE Flyer / Missing Endangered Alert

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsear...1477&case_nbr=

another link with a different pic of little Luke

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...d-in-abduction
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 11-28-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: more info
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Hopefully he will be found safe soon.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Toddler abducted in Cocoa
    Updated: Saturday, 28 Nov 2009, 11:33 PM EST
    Published : Saturday, 28 Nov 2009, 11:33 PM EST
    <snipped>
    Cocoa Police believe the child may be in the company of Paul Martikainen, his dad. He's a white male, 35 years of age, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 176 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

They may be traveling in a green Ford Explorer, with a dented rear bumper and Florida tag number 142KEA.

Luke Finch

Paul Martikainen.

Article:
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ucted_in_Cocoa

Praying For The Safe Return Of Luke & To Send Angels To Protect Him!

He is such a little beautiful innocent angel.

How can his own father put all of Luke's loved ones through such a horriable ordeal.

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Another Florida child!
    I pray that Luke Finch is found safe.
    http://www.nc5now.com/w/main/story/8043928/

11/28/2009 6:52 p.m.
    COCOA, FL--A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued for a 3-year-old boy from Cocoa.

Officials say Luke Finch, was last seen in the area of Taylor Park at Harrison & Delannoy Street in Cocoa Florida, wearing a blue sweatshirt, blue pants and black and red fire engine sneakers.

The child may be in the company of Paul Martikainen, a white male, 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 176 pounds, blonde hair and green eyes. They may be traveling in a green Ford Explorer, with a dented rear bumper, tag number 142KEA.

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of this endangered person, please contact the Cocoa Police Department at 321-639-7620

MISSING CHILD ALERT
    PARENTAL ABDUCTION

LUKE FINCH
    Date Missing: 11/28/2009
    Missing From: Cocoa County: BREVARD
    Birth Date: 1/3/2006 Age Disappeared: 3 yrs 10 months
    Height: 2' 09" Race: White Hair: Blonde
    Weight: 33 Sex: Male Eyes: Blue
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Link to review father's court records. Type in Paul Martikainen and set date parameter.

http://webinfo4.brevardclerk.us/Facts/name_search.cfm
    Last edited by lbminnesota; 11-29-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Scary looking guy.

Police Suspect Parental Abduction; Search To Go Statewide - 1:43 pm EST November 29, 2009

http://www.wesh.com/news/21752952/detail.html

"Barbara Matthews, Cocoa Police public information officer, said investigators were meeting with agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to expand the search statewide.

"Investigators have received several tips and sightings of Luke," said Matthews. "However, those sightings have been outside of Brevard County."

"Martikainen slipped away from the supervisor" during a court scheduled supervised visitation?

How does that happen, short of violence, if the supervisor is paying any attention whatsoever?

I wonder how much time lapsed between the disappearance and the supervisor reporting it to 911.

I'm just thinking about the mom already fearing this man, and then having to put her trust in the system, and now this happens.

Gosh, I hope the little guy is found soon and safe.

Abductor's record is truly terrifying. Domestic violence, repeat violence, child abuse, domestic violence involving children, violation of a protection order.
    All at lbminnesota's link. This little boy needs some national coverage. How can we make that happen?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Abductor's record is truly terrifying. Domestic violence, repeat violence, child abuse, domestic violence involving children, violation of a protection order.
    All at lbminnesota's link. This little boy needs some national coverage. How can we make that happen?
    I just emailed Nancy Grace and America's Most Wanted. Maybe if more people email, it'll get on air.

Praying Luke comes home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    Scary looking guy.
    I was just saying to myself "Poor Baby" this guys eyes are crazy.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I just emailed Nancy Grace and America's Most Wanted. Maybe if more people email, it'll get on air.

Praying Luke comes home safe.
    I'll send a couple, and I'll email JVM, too. I know she's the same network as NG, but I think she has a little bit of say in what she airs.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I'll send a couple, and I'll email JVM, too. I know she's the same network as NG, but I think she has a little bit of say in what she airs.
    Oh, yeah I forgot about JVM. That's a good idea. Thanks for helping out!

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Oh, yeah I forgot about JVM. That's a good idea. Thanks for helping out!

No problem. That man's record, alone with a small child that is likely already on his last nerves, I'll do anything I can.

I just hope little man does as he's told and keeps quiet. That's the best thing for him right now.

Witnesses say missing father and son from Cocoa escaped by sailboat
    4:36 p.m. EST, November 29, 2009

Cocoa police said Sunday that the Palm Bay man who abducted his 3-year-old son during a supervised visit Saturday may have escaped with the boy on a sailboat.

After images of Paul Martikainen and his son Luke began flashing across television screens, investigators said witnesses called police and reported seeing the pair at a marina in St. Petersburg. They said the Paul and Luke got into a 32-foot Bristol sailboat and left the marina.

Police said they found Martikainen's 1995 green Ford Explorer at the marina. The sailboat was purchased in October by a friend of Martikainen's, and was recently painted "battleship gray," possibly in an attempt to conceal the boat on the water, investigators said.

The pair disappeared during a visit at Riverfront Park in Cocoa that was being monitored by a court-appointed supervisor because of previous allegations of child abuse against the boy, police said. Martikainen managed to elude the supervisor, and he and the boy have not been seen since 1 p.m. Saturday, police said.

It's unknown where Martikainen is taking the boy, and police are concerned because he has "no known extensive boating experience." Cocoa investigators are working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the United States Coast Guard and other law enforcement agencies to locate the pair and return Luke to his mother.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1753785.story
    Last edited by lbminnesota; 11-29-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast