Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Dear Posters:

The Terms of Service (TOS) can be found at

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please review them and be sure your posts fall within TOS guidelines.

This is also another important rule to know:

Everyone read please - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Remember, it is up to you to be sure your posts fall within the guidelines before posting; do not make a post and then say "please delete or edit this if it doesn't meet TOS."

O/T posts: I'm willing to let this thread veer off into O/T discussions that are related to the case as long as those discussions are respectful and meet the other TOS. I realize that there isn't a whole lot of new news in this case.

I suggest that when you post your opinion, you begin your remarks with phrases like: I think that, I believe that, In my opinion, I speculate that, In my experience, What I see happening is........these make it clear that you are giving your opinion and not stating fact.

If you are stating fact, it's always helpful to give a link to the information or give the basis for your fact.

Thanks for posting,

Hoppy

Re snooping or sleuthing others, I have googled people that I know but with whom I have lost touch. And one ex-boyfriend! Not really to pry, just to know what general area of the country they wound up in.

Can we attempt to put together a timeline constituting the facts of this case that we know?

Some earlier confirmed that AB admitted to digging the graves sometime during the trial.

So, we know she dug those graves on Friday, then she allegedly strangled and stabbed EO on Wednesday.

Do we know how EO got to the grave site? Do we know what AB did after?

Can we attempt to put together a timeline constituting the facts of this case that we know?

Some earlier confirmed that AB admitted to digging the graves sometime during the trial.

So, we know she dug those graves on Friday, then she allegedly strangled and stabbed EO on Wednesday.

Do we know how EO got to the grave site? Do we know what AB did after?
The graves were in very wooded area behind her house.

The graves were in very wooded area behind her house.

Do we know how far behind the house? How wooded is "very wooded"? Too wooded for an adult to walk through? What time did EO disappear? Do we know what time AB appeared back at her house?

Do we know how far behind the house? How wooded is "very wooded"? Too wooded for an adult to walk through? What time did EO disappear? Do we know what time AB appeared back at her house?

I am not sure if the grave site has been exactly pinpointed by anyone who knows for sure. As far as how far behind the house, the best I can do is say I think it would be a little less than a football field. I think there are some pics that have been posted of the area. I am sorry I don't have that link. We have no definate time frame of when Elizabeth left, but it was reported in the paper that her mother called the police close to or at 7:00p. The search started shortly after that. We really don't know who was talked to at the grandparents house and their statement of what happened and when.

Also, how tall is AB? I saw that EO was 5'2".

I have not seen anything on AB's exact size. The impression everyone has is that she is petite. I think that comes from the video of her touching the electric fence. She appeared to be slender.

I am not sure if the grave site has been exactly pinpointed by anyone who knows for sure. As far as how far behind the house, the best I can do is say I think it would be a little less than a football field. I think there are some pics that have been posted of the area. I am sorry I don't have that link. We have no definate time frame of when Elizabeth left, but it was reported in the paper that her mother called the police close to or at 7:00p. The search started shortly after that. We really don't know who was talked to at the grandparents house and their statement of what happened and when.

A football field? So, AB may have been semi-visible from her yard? 100 yards would be enough to hear a struggle . . .

So, EO would have been reported missing at around 7?

I have not seen anything on AB's exact size. The impression everyone has is that she is petite. I think that comes from the video of her touching the electric fence. She appeared to be slender.

I agree, she seemed pretty small.

A football field? So, AB may have been semi-visible from her yard? 100 yards would be enough to hear a struggle . . .

So, EO would have been reported missing at around 7?

Yes reported to LE around 7p. Its hard to say about hearing a struggle. I am using my house as an example, with tv on and other stuff I am not sure I would say you could hear a struggle. It's my opinion she waited for EO to leave then either called her cell and told her to come back and lured her into the woods in back. It was twilight in Missouri at the estimated time EO left at 6:15. EO was reportedly scared of the woods. LE reported a ping they referred to as deep in the woods but her cell went dead on thurs. LE reported they had searched the area where they found EO a couple of times. Described it as very well concealed.

Yes reported to LE around 7p. Its hard to say about hearing a struggle. I am using my house as an example, with tv on and other stuff I am not sure I would say you could hear a struggle. It's my opinion she waited for EO to leave then either called her cell and told her to come back and lured her into the woods in back. It was twilight in Missouri at the estimated time EO left at 6:15. EO was reportedly scared of the woods. LE reported a ping they referred to as deep in the woods but her cell went dead on thurs. LE reported they had searched the area where they found EO a couple of times. Described it as very well concealed.

Sure, it would depend on whether someone was inside or outside. I guess, since I'm from Chicago, our senses of "100 yards" are different.

If I remember correctly that video was posted when she was 13. It was uploaded on November 13 2007. That would make her 13, right?

She could have grown since then. She seems to be in the ICP-esque pics. Not trying to be weird, but I think so.

If I remember correctly that video was posted when she was 13. It was uploaded on November 13 2007. That would make her 13, right?

She could have grown since then. She seems to be in the ICP-esque pics. Not trying to be weird, but I think so.

Yeh, I think someone said she may have grown some, but there was never a description of her that I saw. On her arrest pic they didn't put her in front of those height charts like some do. It just seems to me when their is discussion of her trying to move a body etc, the impression is she is smaller. But I am sure I don't know for sure. Maybe the ppl who went to the hearing could tell.

She looked like a totally different person in her mug shots. I would have never said that she was AB from those pics.

To help your timeline.. The graves were dug on Oct. 16 EO was murdered on Oct 21st and she was found on the 23rd.

http://news.aol.com/article/alyssa-bustamante-15-charged-as-adult-in/772912

Blessed with a Friday off school, 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante dug two holes in the ground to be used as a grave, authorities said. For the next week, she attended classes, all the while plotting the right time for a murder, they said.
That time arrived the evening of Oct. 21, when Bustamante strangled 9-year-old neighbor Elizabeth Olten without provocation, cut the girl's throat and stabbed her, prosecutors said. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk