GUILTY AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
During a hearing Thursday in St. Johns, a judge set sentencing for Jan. 14. That's more than a year after the boy was charged in a double homicide.....

Under the plea deal, he won't serve any time in the state juvenile corrections facility but could be sentenced to a county juvenile facility. Treatment and probation are other options.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i_IcuqHYpRoe_wCPGKUM3Ms8JpLgD9CC4FRO1

Guess this means the "letters" won't be seen? Judge would have ruled already, right?

video report about the letters, possible influence on previous judge

snipped by me.

This is exactly why Roca was removed. I wouldn't call the letters typical victims impact statements, they are dramatic and emotional, even making accusations against the boys biological mom, which is not the place for these types of things.

IMO unfortunately they do not represent the TRUE Tim Romans either.

They represent Tim Romans as his wife and daughters see him, and the impact his murder has had on them. Whether he was a cad and had affairs ect, he still did not deserve to be gunned down.

snipped by me.

This is exactly why Roca was removed. I wouldn't call the letters typical victims impact statements, they are dramatic and emotional, even making accusations against the boys biological mom, which is not the place for these types of things.

I've written and read aloud a victim impact statement. This is exactly what they are.

How do you expect the victims to describe the impact in their lives, having their father/husband gunned down by a cold blooded killer? How could that possibly be unemotional ?????? How about you try, just for a second, placing yourselves in their shoes? Instead of worry to death if the boy had a "normal" and merry christmas with his mother...think about the victims who spent Christmas without their father/husband.

They are simply sharing their feelings, their loss and their desire for justice!

so he should not have a "normal and merry Christmas"? -and what kind of Christmas should he have instead?

so he should not have a "normal and merry Christmas"? -and what kind of Christmas should he have instead?

Personally, I don't care if he had a Merry Christmas. I hope he spent a good part of it remembering what he did and missing his father and feeling bad about murdering Tim. I hope he recognizes what he took away from his victim's families.

Do you think it would be healthier for him to have had a happy, carefree, fun filled holiday without even giving the murders of two men a second thought?

I know Tim's family did not have a happy, carefree, fun filled holiday. Have you no compassion for them?

snipped by me.

But most assuredly they do represent the true Tim Romans to his family. The very ones that really count in this tragedy anyway. That is why victim impact statements are given by family. It isn't what he meant to others or even those who never knew him. It is to be able to express their own heartfelt words about a man they had known and loved for decades who's lives now have forever been changed by his senseless loss of life.

All victim impact statements I have ever read or seen or packed with raw emotion and are highly dramatic. That is why many times when they are read in court it brings everyone there to tears. They should write what they feel about the tragedy that has struck their lives.

God bless the Romans family.

imo

snipped by me.

Are there restrictions surrounding what can and cannot be said in victim impact statements? I've never heard such a thing - I would think you could say anything you wanted.

"Dramatic and emotional?????!!!!!!!"......I would think if my father or husband were murdered in cold blood that would be a dramatic and emotional event for me. But maybe I'm just too sensitive......:rolleyes:

Of course, much of how the children feel about "justice" is what they hear from the adults around him. That goes without saying. But it should also go without saying that those letters represent a side of Tim Romans that is true to some of the people who were closest to him.

ETA - I didn't watch the video regarding Roca. He's been removed and I'm fine with that.

How anyone could feel anything but empathy for Roman's wife and daughters after reading those is beyond me.

I've written and read aloud a victim impact statement. This is exactly what they are.

How do you expect the victims to describe the impact in their lives, having their father/husband gunned down by a cold blooded killer? How could that possibly be unemotional ?????? How about you try, just for a second, placing yourselves in their shoes? Instead of worry to death if the boy had a "normal" and merry christmas with his mother...think about the victims who spent Christmas without their father/husband.

They are simply sharing their feelings, their loss and their desire for justice!

I have written and read aloud a victim impact statement too. I had several pages because I wrote how the murder had affected my 4 yr old granddaughter, my mother who was in her 80"s, and myself. I spoke to the judge and I spoke to the killer himself. The judge just let us go and we said everything that we wanted to say. There were no strict rules about what we could say and what we couldn't and I really appreciated that. After waiting for 8 years to see him caught I think the judge figured we deserved to say what we wanted. It really helps with the healing process. And you are right...it is all about our feelings, loss, how we have been affected and our desire for justice for our loved one. No one should criticise anyones victim impact statement because it comes from the heart and that heart is hurting.

A Christmas in "juvie" would be my choice for him.

Just for satisfying vengeance feelings?
I have compassion for the Romans and I can understand their feeling’s!
But I can’t find any sense in locking away a 9 year old child.

This child murdered two people...one being his own dad....in cold blood. He lay in wait for them to come home from work and shot them one at a time...even calling Tim to come into the house so he could murder him. This boy is not normal. There is something wrong with him even though people don't want to admit it because he is so young. Normal kids don't do things like plan to murder their dad and his friend for no reason except that he was upset with his dad over homework.

I personally don't think that this is the last time we will see this boys name in the paper. It may be years from now but I don't think this will be the last time. Murder doesn't seem to affect him...not even murdering his own dad. That says sociopath to me and yes they come in all sizes and ages. Just glad he isn't my next door neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy