Identified! GA - DeKalb Co., BlkMale 217UMGA, 5-7, in woods, Timberland boots, Feb'99 - William Dashawn Hamilton *mom arrested 2022*

Skully

Reaction score
Hope this works, I found this doe case 217MGA of a 5-7 yr old found but couldn't find where anyone had reported him missing. So I went back a few years and found a 1 month old baby kidnapped from the hospital 6 years earlier March 9, 1993, and thought maybe it's the same kid. His name was Tavish Sutton. The last photo is age progression to age 14. Both cases from GA, about 20 minutes away.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/217umga.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/634dmga.html

Attachments

• 217UMGA2.jpg
    217UMGA2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 217UMGA.jpg
    217UMGA.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 107
  • sutton_tavish_ap.jpg
    sutton_tavish_ap.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 41
Tavish Sutton has already been looked at by law enforcement. I found this information through Doe Network when I contacted Rocky, the potential match database coordinator, a while back. I hope one day this young child will be identified, and given a name.

thanks CJ,

I will keep looking.... I just don't understand how he has never been on a missing poster. Someone knows this little boy is missing. :(

I'm thinking about calling this one in. Trying to gather my thoughts and gumption. lol

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/28119550/help

The child's body was discovered nearly 16 years ago in Decatur on February 26, 1999.

His body was found behind a small church cemetery on Clifton Springs Road in a wooded area...

Forensic analysis suggests he could be from DeKalb County, the Atlanta area, South Georgia and Northern Florida.

I'm thinking about calling this one in. Trying to gather my thoughts and gumption. lol

According to The Charley Project, D'Wan has been considered and ruled out. Not sure if you ever ended up calling it in! I wish NamUs was updated to reflect the current rule-outs...

bumping

I hope this little boy is identified soon.

I know the skeleton is of a little boy, but I definitely thought I'd put this in. It is quite hard to tell the gender of a child skeleton and it WAS there for some time. Something that took my interest were the teeth and ear regions, particularly the gap in the teeth at the front.
John Doe.jpgEars.jpgShyShy.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_shykemmia.html

Disappeared September 1998, about the right timeframe.
Aged 8 years old.
Disappeared from Unadilla, Georgia, which I think fits with what fits with available information. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1105216/1
She was 4'4 and 59 pounds and the body was estimated as 3'10 to 4'2 and 45 to 60 pounds.
While she DID have some medical problems, but if I am right, the body was found skeletonized. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Archived 11Alive footage from 1999 shows the search for answers after someone discovered the boy’s body.

“The condition of the body precludes a facial identification, finger prints … things we usually use to identify someone,” DeKalb County’s assistant chief Medical Examiner Dr. Gerald Gowitt said in 1999.

“We now know as much as we are going to know about the body,” said former 11Alive correspondent Kevin Rowson, who currently works for the FBI in Atlanta.

See videos at link: 20 years after death, boy found in cemetery still listed as 'John Doe'

I know the skeleton is of a little boy, but I definitely thought I'd put this in. It is quite hard to tell the gender of a child skeleton and it WAS there for some time. Something that took my interest were the teeth and ear regions, particularly the gap in the teeth at the front.
View attachment 121336View attachment 121337View attachment 121338

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_shykemmia.html

Disappeared September 1998, about the right timeframe.
Aged 8 years old.
Disappeared from Unadilla, Georgia, which I think fits with what fits with available information. Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE1999
She was 4'4 and 59 pounds and the body was estimated as 3'10 to 4'2 and 45 to 60 pounds.
While she DID have some medical problems, but if I am right, the body was found skeletonized. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Hard to say! Wonder if she has been eliminated as a possibility?

all.
Tip to FOX 5 News offers new clue in cold case from 1999
March 12 2019
“I was just watching the news and I saw it pop up... and I said I wonder if that was the same little boy my mom was talking about," the woman said.

The woman said her mother is retired now but she worked with area students for nearly three decades. After seeing our story about the 20-year mystery of an unidentified little boy, the woman called FOX 5 News saying that her mother might have answers.

“FOX 5 helped put me in touch with this woman and her mother. The mom says she never forgot about this little boy… he was in her classroom and then suddenly, he stopped showing up to school,” said Angeline Hartmann host of the podcast.

"I’m not trying to get these people in trouble... it’s just that that little boy looked like the little boy that I knew," the retired educator told Hartmann.

The retired educator said she wants to keep her name out of it for now but she did talk to Hartmann on the record for her "Inside Crime" podcast.

“It was something about him that was kind of sad... he was a sweet little boy... but I admired him because he always dressed nice. And those Timberlands had just come out at that time,” the educator said.

Those Timberlands were one of the few clues investigators had to go on 20 years ago."
"Investigators are following up on that new lead.

Anyone who thinks they may know something about this case should contact the DeKalb County medical examiner's office or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST."

all.
Tip to FOX 5 News offers new clue in cold case from 1999
March 12 2019
“I was just watching the news and I saw it pop up... and I said I wonder if that was the same little boy my mom was talking about," the woman said.

The woman said her mother is retired now but she worked with area students for nearly three decades. After seeing our story about the 20-year mystery of an unidentified little boy, the woman called FOX 5 News saying that her mother might have answers.

“FOX 5 helped put me in touch with this woman and her mother. The mom says she never forgot about this little boy… he was in her classroom and then suddenly, he stopped showing up to school,” said Angeline Hartmann host of the podcast.

"I’m not trying to get these people in trouble... it’s just that that little boy looked like the little boy that I knew," the retired educator told Hartmann.

The retired educator said she wants to keep her name out of it for now but she did talk to Hartmann on the record for her "Inside Crime" podcast.

“It was something about him that was kind of sad... he was a sweet little boy... but I admired him because he always dressed nice. And those Timberlands had just come out at that time,” the educator said.

Those Timberlands were one of the few clues investigators had to go on 20 years ago."
"Investigators are following up on that new lead.

Anyone who thinks they may know something about this case should contact the DeKalb County medical examiner's office or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST."

this is going to end up being a mommie's bf case. im 98% sure.

The Fall Line podcast has said they are featuring Dennis Doe as one of their one-off episodes in April as part of their Between the Lines series. They also spoke regarding him on the podcast Inside Crime with Angeline Hartman in February. If you're not familiar with The Fall Line, they feature under-reported and unsolved cases in the Southeast (they've said this season they're seeking out cases involving Does, undocumented immigrants, foster children, and the homeless/home-insecure). Shykemmia Pate, mentioned upthread, is being featured on their next full season in August; while Tavish Sutton, mentioned at the beginning, was featured on their last season, which focused on the many kidnappings that occurred at Grady Hospital.

The episode of The Fall Line on Dennis Doe is now out, and it is very good. Not a ton of new info, but it does discuss the extent that law enforcement, the medical examiner, etc., have been committed to Dennis and following down every possible, tiny lead relating to the case. This is absolutely not a situation where they put some bones in a box and walked away without investigating thoroughly. His story is paired with that of Christmas Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back