PA - Kaiyah Beck, 2, dies of head trauma, Pittsburgh, 29 Nov 2009

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Soon to hit news...........Pittsburgh
Local now......
2 year old Triplets (all girls) fall down a full set of stairs.
25 year old Mother not home playing Bingo.
20 year old boyfriend babysitting.
Story is very fishy!!!
Babies are in critical condition in Children's hospital.
I'll post link when I find one.
This was just on KDKATV news

Poor little sweet peas....hope they are upgraded by the time we know more!

All 3 "fell" down the stairs? VERY fishy. Unless they were all going down the stairs and the last one fell or tripped into the other two causing all three to fall? IDK, but I hope these babies are ok. Keep us updated, pf.

I hope they're ok. It's a little fishy that all three fell down the stairs. I wonder what their injuries are.

Prayers that they recover soon!

Triplets Injured After Falling Down Stairs

Triplets were hurt in their own home when they fell down a flight of stairs Sunday evening.

According to police, the incident happened in the 3,200-block of Richardson Avenue.

The injuries resulted from a "domino effect" where all three 2-year-olds fell down the stairs around 8:15 p.m.

According to a press release, the children were being watched by their mother's boyfriend.

As he went up the stairs the children started to follow him and he told them to go back down and to not play on the steps.

The children were playing with plastic high-heeled shoes and one tumbled down the stairs and bumped into the other two.

All three fell down the stairs and one girl fell all the way down to the landing.

All three children were taken to Children's Hospital.

Two suffered injuries including minor bruises and a busted lip and have been released, while a girl remains in the hospital after suffering head trauma and is listed in critical condition.

Snipped from http://kdka.com/local/triplets.injured.fall.2.1340516.html

How is this Crimes in the news? Maybe the babies were nglkected, but no charges have been filed yet, so think this may belong in up to the minute.

Praying for the litttle ones speedy recovery.

How did I know by the very title of this story that something wasn't right? Three children falling down stairs at the same time?????

Uggghhhhghghghghghh!

Salem

ETA: I've seen some of the updated posts, maybe it was an accident? I sure hope so, cuz all this baby hurting is getting to me :(

who would ever let a 2 year old play in highheels on a staircase?

I took my 3 year old to a friend's place who had stairs and I was paranoid out of my mind.

Praying for the baby. Strange - they made it all the way up the stairs - what was he doing?? I can tell you I would have picked them up and taken them down those stairs. I always carried my kids down stairs at that age. Something isn't right here.

Obviously a 20 year old boy had no business babysitting for 3 two year olds! What was she thinking?

Update On KDKATV.com
local news! 20 year old George Anthony, boyfriend of mother.
Arrested and charged with the children's abuse!
Injuries not related to a fall.

This is horrid and unfortunately what I suspected. This mom was foolish to leave this man in charge of her children. However, can I respectfully point out that not all 20 year old men are monsters? This one truly was and I hold the mom responsible for not watching more carefully. I hold the man responsible for his evil crime.

But many 20 year old men and women are fabulous and responsible parents and care-givers. Yes, they can struggle due to their immaturity but lots of 20 year olds are already parenting, working in child care centers, or finishing up teaching degrees.

I was a Head Start teacher at 19 (with a class of 25!!). My husband and I had 3 little ones by the time we were 22. My husband was present, resourceful, and loving. Triplets are a challenge for anyone (I know as I have identical triplet nephews). I just want to remind everyone that young parents can do a great job and shouldn't be thrown in the same pot with the monsters merely because of their age.

The focus needs to be on the fact that this guy is a child abuser...not his age. JMO

Police have made an arrest in the case of triplets being injured on Sunday.

Police arrested Anthony George, 20, Wednesday morning in Beltzhoover.

According to police, an investigation found that injuries sustained by one of the girls was not consistent with a fall down the stairs.

(snipped)

http://kdka.com/local/anthony.george.arrest.2.1344733.html

Those poor children :( Any update on their conditions?

Two suffered injuries including minor bruises and a cut on her lip and have been released, while a girl remains in the hospital after suffering head trauma and is listed in critical condition.

From the link in my previous post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back