1168 users online (226 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Germany - John Demjanjuk, former Nazi guard, for war crimes, 2005

Seems like this one has dragged on forever . . . .

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...pQO7AD90P12C00

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department said Monday that an alleged former Nazi death camp guard has exhausted all legal avenues for trying to remain in the United States and the government remains committed to deporting him.

The department commented after the Supreme Court refused to step into the case of 88-year-old John Demjanjuk, who lives in the Cleveland suburb of Seven Hills.

A 2005 deportation order would send Demjanjuk to Germany, Poland or his native Ukraine. But the Justice Department has not indicated if those nations are willing to accept him.

Finally.

I never thought I'd see this day! I went to church with and rode the bus with one of the lawyers trying to deport him and that was some 20 years ago! He did say it would take a long time....

So, where does he go? I thought he would die before this was settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I never thought I'd see this day! I went to church with and rode the bus with one of the lawyers trying to deport him and that was some 20 years ago! He did say it would take a long time....

You know, even though his son comes across as a SOB, I still have pity for his family. They didn't do anything to deserve this in their lives. But, as far as Demjanjuk he could relocate to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

I thought he would die also.

I say good cuz then he won't be buried here.

It looks like he will go back to the Ukraine

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080519/...juk_court_dc_3

He still has support in the Ukrainian community, including the Rev. John Nakonachny of St. Vladimir's Orthodox Church, in Parma, Ohio, where Demjanjuk is a parishioner.

"We believe in his innocence. It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court says -- they can't overturn history. Jews and Ukrainians suffered at the hands of the Nazis," Nakonachny said.

~ I do feel for his family but its a crime he was able to live such a good life here after what he did.

Golfmom, I keep thinking the pic in your siggy is a pic of Demjanjuk. Kinda lightens this thread for me. LOL

Adios John, it's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Golfmom, I keep thinking the pic in your siggy is a pic of Demjanjuk. Kinda lightens this thread for me. LOL
    LOL, I found the picture the other day and couldn't resist sticking it in as a siggy.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    "We believe in his innocence. It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court says -- they can't overturn history. Jews and Ukrainians suffered at the hands of the Nazis," Nakonachny said.
    How can they believe in his innocence????? He was a Nazi!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    How can they believe in his innocence????? He was a Nazi!
    Is this the man that the Israeli's convicted to death, but later released after his appeal? I'm not certain but I think they confused him with Ivan Marchenko?

I know it turned out this guy isn't Ivan The Terrible. Maybe that has something to do with his supporters? I'm not condoning the man at all, but just trying to figure out what's up with the supporters. Was there concrete proof or did this guy admit to being a death camp guard?

Great! Hope they get him out of the US before he croaks!
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Was there concrete proof or did this guy admit to being a death camp guard?
    From the article: A judge ruled in 2002 that documents from World War II prove Demjanjuk was a Nazi guard at various death or forced-labor camps.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    From the article: A judge ruled in 2002 that documents from World War II prove Demjanjuk was a Nazi guard at various death or forced-labor camps.
    Thanks, Linas. I did see that in the article, but they don't say what documents.

Again I'm not supporting the man. I just wondered since his name was cleared in an Israeli court. Maybe they didn't have the evidence that this immigration Judge had.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Thanks, Linas. I did see that in the article, but they don't say what documents.

Again I'm not supporting the man. I just wondered since his name was cleared in an Israeli court. Maybe they didn't have the evidence that this immigration Judge had.
    From what I gathered, the Israeli court cleared him of being "Ivan the Terrible" but apparently he was still a Nazi guard.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast