685 users online (63 members and 622 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation TX - Texas inmate Arcade Comeaux escapes from prison 11/30/09

Officials said Arcade Joseph Comeaux Jr., 49, took two transport officers hostage on Monday morning and then escaped from the vehicle and took off on foot, MyFoxHouston.com reports.

Comeaux, a 6-foot, 200-pound black male, was serving a life sentence for crimes he committed in three Texas counties.

He was sentenced to life in prison for indecency with a child, aggravated sexual assault and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, MyFoxHouston.com reports.

The guards were transferring Comeaux from a prison in Huntsville, north of Houston, to one in Beaumont, in southeast Texas, when he pulled out a gun and told the guards to stop the vehicle, said Michelle Lyons, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

"At some point he brandished a firearm. We do not know how he was able to obtain that firearm and ordered officers to pull off to the side of the road," Lyons said.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Houston Chronicle:
    Violent Houston child molester escapes
    Inmate pulls gun during prison transport, flees in guard uniform

“Comeaux was in a wheelchair, which he claimed was necessary for his mobility,” Lyons said. “Since he was able to flee on foot, his claims of limited mobility obviously are in question.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6745293.html

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Houston Chronicle:
    Violent Houston child molester escapes
    Inmate pulls gun during prison transport, flees in guard uniform

“Comeaux was in a wheelchair, which he claimed was necessary for his mobility,” Lyons said. “Since he was able to flee on foot, his claims of limited mobility obviously are in question.”

I actually think that's kinda funny, although I probably shouldn't. Maybe it's just how it's worded.

They need to find this POS.

My thoughts are with LE during this time..please bring this guy to justice (again).

Prosecutors said his record in Harris County goes back to 1984. He has been convicted of indecency with a child, unlawfully carrying a weapon, aggravated rape of a child and burglary with intent to commit a felony in Harris County alone.

Comeaux, who is serving a life sentence, also has been convicted of aggravated sexual assault in Brazos County and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in Fort Bend County.

"Considering the nature of the crimes he committed in the past and how brazen he was getting away, he sounds like someone who doesn't have a lot to lose and poses a danger to anyone who gets in his path," said Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey.

~bbm~

In 1997, Comeaux was arrested after Aldine ISD police said he tried to lure a student into his car. The police officer used a new fingerprint system to identify Comeaux, who lied about his name when he was pulled over. At the time, Comeaux already was wanted on the Brazos County charge as well as a parole violation.

Two years later at the Jester III Unit in Fort Bend County, authorities said Comeaux used a sharpened metal rod to stab his visiting wife and a bystander who came to her rescue. Comeaux was using a wheelchair at the time because of partial paralysis on his left side.

I hope they find this guy before he hurts someone else.
    Just striving to be average.

Searching...he has a wife who is considerably older than him (13 years older)...they were married in 2001...also has a son from previous marriage...family in Houston and Bryan. Wonder if he's headed in that direction. Pretty scary that he is wearing an official uniform.

Any idea of exactly where he made them pull off the road? There is a lot of miles between Houston & Beaumont. It would be good to know which highways he may be near.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Searching...he has a wife who is considerably older than him (13 years older)...they were married in 2001...also has a son from previous marriage...family in Houston and Bryan. Wonder if he's headed in that direction. Pretty scary that he is wearing an official uniform.
    Same thought. Did you see the article about him stabbing his wife during visitation at the Jester Unit?? AND a bystander who came to her aid?

DANGEROUS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Any idea of exactly where he made them pull off the road? There is a lot of miles between Houston & Beaumont. It would be good to know which highways he may be near.
    Article states he was in Conroe--------

The escape happened near the intersection of Lee Drive, Texas Avenue and Market Street, near Lee College, officials said. A command post has been set up nearby to coordinate a massive search. Lockdowns at four nearby public schools were canceled around 2 p.m. About that time, officers began a sweep of nearby Lee College, dismissing classrooms and buildings one by one.

Several police agencies, including several dog teams and helicopters, were involved in the search.

TDCJ spokesman Jason Clark said Comeaux took over the van in Conroe on Texas 105. Clark said Comeaux was the only inmate in the vehicle, and the transport officer and the driver were separated from Comeaux by a partition. It was not immediately clear how Comeaux initially obtained a gun. He fired the weapon once, but didn't hit anyone, Clark said.

Only two major highways running North and South...Hwy 59 from Houston and Hwy 96 from Beaumont. I -10 runs East and West. There are a lot of back roads here in East Texas and thick woods. I'm about 80 miles from Beaumont...3 hours from Houston.

He could take 71 to Austin and be on I-35 headed north in about three hours.

He could take 71 to Austin and be on I-35 headed north in about three hours.
    More likely Hwy 59 South to Houston...or he could have headed North on 59. Since you pointed out the location where he bailed...it is right off of Hwy 59.
    If he's coming North I got news for him...59 is crawling with Highway Patrol all the time.
    I hope the catch him soon.

He doesn't have a car, does he? Or did I miss something?

If he could get a gun smuggled to him, he can get a car. He's got people on the outside.

If he could get a gun smuggled to him, he can get a car. He's got people on the outside.

and how did he have a gun????!!

An investigation is under way as to how Comeaux obtained a weapon before he was transported. Officials said inmates are strip-searched before entering the transport vehicle.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/21761423/detail.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    and how did he have a gun????!!

An investigation is under way as to how Comeaux obtained a weapon before he was transported. Officials said inmates are strip-searched before entering the transport vehicle.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/21761423/detail.html
    That gun had probably been inside the prison for years, awaiting a buyer. Then, money exchanged hands between third parties on the outside, and the okay was given for it to be transferred to Comeaux. A prison's walls are not, sadly, inviolable.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast