904 users online (133 members and 771 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Old thread was up to 43 pages. Lets continue here. I have requested to close the other one.

Thanks!

Link to last thread:
    Four People Murdered in VA College Town #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-30-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

First in and SouthernVAgirl you dont have to lurk, your contributions here are as important as anyone elses. Do your thing, the more the merrier and we all appreciate what you have to add!

blouAngel is offline would not ponder in a box; would not ponder with a fox
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    In this case, it's a holiday and everyone's doing it. Although, I will say that I don't go for anything like a fake hand hanging out of a trunk, and even the leg is pushing it a bit. I can handle a mummy for halloween, but not a baby's corpse. You may think that's splitting hairs, but in this case there are no hairs to split anyway because horrorcore is not in the gray area about violence and gore and mutilation. They are clear to the one side, as close to the real thing as you can get. Oh-oh!! Just fell off the edge: Sam.
    I don't think we generally accept the "everyone's doing it" excuse when something is wrong. If something is OK when everyone is doing it, then why would it not be acceptable when only a few are doing it?

I think the feeling that they have found a crew that is different from most people, but much like themselves is what draws people to the horrorcore scene or any number of other underground scenes in the first place. Your revulsion only confirms that they are different and justifies their desire to cling to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by blouAngel View Post
    I don't think we generally accept the "everyone's doing it" excuse when something is wrong. If something is OK when everyone is doing it, then why would it not be acceptable when only a few are doing it?

I think the feeling that they have found a crew that is different from most people, but much like themselves is what draws people to the horrorcore scene or any number of other underground scenes in the first place. Your revulsion only confirms that they are different and justifies their desire to cling to one another.
    My general experience is that the many are usually wrong and the few are usually right.

So I do have to agree that the Nazi Nuremberg defense of "we were just our jobs," doesnt work, the fact that everyone is doing something is what usually tells me it is wrong as I tend to follow the trends of the minority myself.

This doesnt always hold true of course but it is a good rule of thumb for me.

I have always liked the irony of the non conforming conformists and thats what the HC kids remind me of.
    Last edited by PAXIMUS; 11-30-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    In this case, it's a holiday and everyone's doing it. Although, I will say that I don't go for anything like a fake hand hanging out of a trunk, and even the leg is pushing it a bit. I can handle a mummy for halloween, but not a baby's corpse. You may think that's splitting hairs, but in this case there are no hairs to split anyway because horrorcore is not in the gray area about violence and gore and mutilation. They are clear to the one side, as close to the real thing as you can get. Oh-oh!! Just fell off the edge: Sam.
    My point with all of this is that different people will set different limits and we can't assume we agree on them. I was at some folks house for Halloween that did their garage up as the "Dead Disco" they had a few severed legs, martini glasses filled with severed fingers, punch with eyeballs, etc. Also one animatronic dancing zombie.

In my opinion horrorcore is closest to reading a horror novel. Although there are of course music videos, and some of those are way way over the top, but with just listening to the music and rapping you have to imagine the situation in your mind much like reading a book.

Compare this aspect of horrorcore with ultra realistic slasher horror films like the Saw movies:

Just some random musings on the new thread...

The "Shout Outs" video with the juxtapositon of the fascinating looking dude, the street cred language and the lavendar room with the porcelain pink and white roses lamp in the background just tweaked my brain.

The "cute" little animals in the gory situations...I love the Tiger one cuz it reminds me of Tatiana who escaped her confines and hunted down one of the dudes that peeved her off and ate him (it would not be amusing if the guy hadn't been a total jerk, but it was a sort of natural justice and I can relate to that Tiger sometimes).

Toy axe or not, really? Would it matter if it were say... a toy penis or something? Just because it's not the real thing, is the WHOLE entire point to be lost?

I think I'd rather be known as Killa Satin Some people just can't resist a good pigeon hole to put themselves in for attention, notoriety and shock value...aka the HCR granny.

Ok, on with the show and thanks for coming folks.

I'm going to change my killa cattle dog's name to Satan. AND walk around with a muzzle on him. 'Cause I am just that edgy.
    Last edited by tapu; 11-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.

This was also in Killa Satan's pix.

The Tapu cracks me up sometimes.

The Tapu.

:40__s:
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post

This was also in Killa Satan's pix.
    A baby's onesie decorated with upside=down crosses??? ABSOLUTELY. REVOLTING. ....have to wonder what's in the kid's bottles:
    George Eliot: "We constantly ask for God's mercy while showing none ourselves..."

Quote Originally Posted by PAXIMUS View Post
    I have always liked the irony of the non conforming conformists and thats what the HC kids remind me of.

I think it’s hysterical that ‘kids’ wishing to be unique and special individuals end up doing something like mega-piercing, or goth-style or HCR. Why? Because ‘everyone’ in their group does it, and they are no longer unique!

Originally Posted by ziggy
    >>Good analogy - and thanks for the heads up...didn't know Elliot Smith had died<<

Andres said: Quote: >>Dude. 2003. Get with it, Ziggster. <<

For SoutherVAGirl and me .... "Dude. I don't have a clue who Elliot IS!"

:Banane09:

as for tsimfukis. he's 16 and has Progeria ... the disease where a child ages all the way through life very quickly and dies at about age 13, although some make it to their early 20s. I guess Justin Tsimbidis is a disturbed kid, that knows he's dying every day ... I guess I'd have a he## of a lot of rage in me, too. Sad, sad, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by annmarie62 View Post
    :40__s:

A baby's onesie decorated with upside=down crosses??? ABSOLUTELY. REVOLTING. ....have to wonder what's in the kid's bottles:
    I guess they could say its the cross of St Peter but I doubt thats what they mean it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wadahoot View Post
    I think it’s hysterical that ‘kids’ wishing to be unique and special individuals end up doing something like mega-piercing, or goth-style or HCR. Why? Because ‘everyone’ in their group does it, and they are no longer unique!
    Yea thats exactly what I am talking about, gotta love that irony!

Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast