1056 users online (198 members and 858 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IN - Conner Conley, 10, strangled to death by 17yo brother, 28 Nov 2009

I'm not sure what all is going on with this one.

Conner Conley was 10 yo. He was not reported missing. His remains were found in a park Sunday. Police have arrested a 17 yo boy and charged him with a preliminary charge of battery causing serious bodily injury.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Sma...-78178147.html

A newspaper in Cincinnati is reporting the teen is actually the victim's brother. He's being held at a juvenile detention center in Lawrenceburg.

snip...Noel Houze with the Indiana State Police says Ohio County Sheriff's Department found the child's body, "The sherriff's department received some information that there was a possible body at this location. A sheriff's deputy responded a discovered the body of the child."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-boy-f...,1685535.story

Jeremy Monk, the boys’ uncle who often watched them, said the 17-year-old was in custody and that his sister, the boys’ mother, had been with police all day.

“It’s a damn shame,” said Monk, standing on his front porch. “They are both good kids. They are both honor roll students.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...WS01/311300009
    Last edited by mysteriew; 12-01-2009 at 02:56 AM.

WTF is going on lately....
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

You know of all the family dysfunctional scenarios, I think this one would have to be one of the worst. You love your kids. And if anyone hurts your child, you want them to pay and pay significantly. But you love your kids, and you want to protect them. And that would include the older child too. This mother can't even grieve, because she is worried about her older son. I feel for her and her family members.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    You know of all the family dysfunctional scenarios, I think this one would have to be one of the worst. You love your kids. And if anyone hurts your child, you want them to pay and pay significantly. But you love your kids, and you want to protect them. And that would include the older child too. This mother can't even grieve, because she is worried about her older son. I feel for her and her family members.
    I have a feeling you might be right! I remember when I was about eight and my twelve year old sister started chasing me around the house with a butcher knife. Where I grew up, winter was VERY winter and it was the middle of winter. My mother screamed, with tears running down her eyes, for me to run to my cousin's house (across the street). I did and, after a while, my mother called me home again. Interestingly, my cousin had JUST found out that the baby she was carrying was dead (she was eight months and had to wait until contractions began on their own for delivery); she never asked a single question as to why I was running around barefoot in January! Nor did I offer an explanation. We both PRETENDED it was a normal visit. Dysfunction in a family can carry across generations and relatives!

This is so very sad for me. I managed to turn out semi-normal ( I think) and my own children (four of them) love each other SO much!!!! But I still remember my mother's scared eyes begging me to just run as fast as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom View Post
    I have a feeling you might be right! I remember when I was about eight and my twelve year old sister started chasing me around the house with a butcher knife. Where I grew up, winter was VERY winter and it was the middle of winter. My mother screamed, with tears running down her eyes, for me to run to my cousin's house (across the street). I did and, after a while, my mother called me home again. Interestingly, my cousin had JUST found out that the baby she was carrying was dead (she was eight months and had to wait until contractions began on their own for delivery); she never asked a single question as to why I was running around barefoot in January! Nor did I offer an explanation. We both PRETENDED it was a normal visit. Dysfunction in a family can carry across generations and relatives!

This is so very sad for me. I managed to turn out semi-normal ( I think) and my own children (four of them) love each other SO much!!!! But I still remember my mother's scared eyes begging me to just run as fast as I could!
    That sounds terrible Sheromom! I'm glad it stopped with you. It sounds like your mother was scared of your sister also. Whatever happened with your sister? Did she change when she grew up or did she continue to have problems?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    That sounds terrible Sheromom! I'm glad it stopped with you. It sounds like your mother was scared of your sister also. Whatever happened with your sister? Did she change when she grew up or did she continue to have problems?
    I just visited her this summer. For the first time ever, she told me that she loved me. Brought me to tears. She has struggled with two of her three children and some of her grands. The true problem was our abusive father, who taught us to be aggressive. Hung me over the bridge over the Columbia River when I was three (my first memory) and told me, while laughing loudly, that he was going to toss me! My mother was crying and begging him to put me down. So, even then, I KNEW why my sister had problems. At the time, though, it was a fight for my own life. And my mother was the most gentle person. She was caught in a nightmare. Raised in a time before welfare and taught to stay with the husband regardless. I truly hope there is a reward in the afterlife because my mother deserves one!

I feel like most of the members who post here ,have all had some tragedies in our lives, but I think that is why we are here,trying to help solve these crimes. I believe we all have insight into these cases because of the things we have dealt with, or overcome.
    We all have luggage from out past to pack around.. to not allow the past to ruin our future is what is most important. Learn from the past, but don't allow the luggage to get under our feet and make us stumble.
    Missing Children Statistics

“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”

Andrew is the only suspect in the case, and police and the prosecutor said they are not looking for additional people.

Both brothers were honor students at schools in Rising Sun, said school officials and an Indiana State Police spokesman.

Dylan Drew, a junior at Rising Sun High School, said that Andrew – a senior – withdrew from school two weeks ago.

Drew, 17, said he did not know why Conley dropped out.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/A...ins+in+custody

My prayers for this family and this town.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

This just shakes me to the core! I have 3 boys, ages 4, 3, & 3. I cannot even fathom.

I want to know more!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/nation/...01259774045251

autopsy is complete, but they haven't released it yet.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Family members tell Local 12 the 17 year old brother picked Conner up from his aunt's house over the weekend. Hours later, the family member says the teen walked into a police station alone to confess to killing Conner. Shortly after that, the Indiana State Police went to the wooded area and found Conner's body.
    http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/s...RHl0O-PIg.cspx

That an honor student suddenly drops out of school just months before he's to finally graduate is odd... It makes me wonder if he got caught up in drugs. What a devastating situation for this family. What a tragic loss of a precious life, and the promising future of the older boy. I can't wrap my mind around how these things happen. Just baffling....

There's going to be a conference at 4 p.m.

http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...ogJnaFw7A.cspx

You can watch live here:

http://www.wcpo.com/content/mediacenter/wcpolive.aspx
    Last edited by wicky; 12-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Man I do feel so sorry for these parents!

The 17yo was found standing over his sleeping father holding a knife prior to the killing. The reason he left school was because he had been 'cutting'. Described the killing to LE and LE said he spoke with no emotion. After killing his brother, he put him into the trunk of his car and drove to his girlfriends. Was at his girlfriend's home several hours and gave her a sweetheart ring.

The only positive thing that I can see in this is that after hiding his brother's body, he did then go to LE and confess.

Caution: Very descriptive article telling about the events of day the murder happened and describing the murder.
    http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...njw45VdAw.cspx
    Last edited by mysteriew; 12-03-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast