1121 users online (225 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Germany - Devon Hollahan, 22, Frankfurt, 21 Nov 2009 - from Arizona

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A 22-year-old Arizona man who teaches English overseas has been missing since he attended a concert in Germany last weekend.

Devon Hollahan was last seen at around 3 a.m. Nov. 21 after a concert in Frankfurt, Germany. He was traveling back to a hostel with a friend, who stopped to ask for directions. When the friend turned back around, Hollahan was gone.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5797877.shtml

Father of Missing Hollahan in Germany

The 22-year-old went missing on Saturday at around 3:00 a.m .local time after attending a concert with a friend. Since then the family has had no contact with their son and there has been no activity on the missing man's credit card.

[Jeffrey Hollahan, Father of Devon Hollahan]:
    "I am here to do whatever I can to aid in the finding of my son. Still no word as to where he might be. I am hoping to get an update today but at this point I feel i have done all I can do back in the States -in terms of generating some interest in the media to get his picture and his description out. So it is time for me to be here, and see what I can do here in Frankfurt to help the cause

http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns...987290277.html

Morgan Stanley exec's son missing

http://www.fiercefinance.com/story/m...ing/2009-11-29
    The FBI is apparently involved in the disappearance. Bloomberg reports that Frankfurt has been the site of several kidnappings of family members of prominent businessmen. But very little is known about what has transpired between Nov. 21 and now. The press in Germany has interviewed the elder Hollahan, who says there have been few clues. "He's literally just dropped off the face of the earth," he was quoted. So far there is no indication of ransom notes or anything along those lines.

Male, 22-years old, 6-ft, 150 lbs, American

Missing person alert in Frankfurt: Devon Hollahan

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/i...p/t157601.html

Devon Hollahan is 22 years old, 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds. When last seen, Devon was wearing a green, plaid shirt, jeans, a black work jacket (sport coat?) and a tan cap. He was last seen in the vicinity of the Taunusalange metro station in central Frankfurt.

General information on Frankfurt, Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_am_Main
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Frankfurt Police website with pictures of Devon Hollahan

http://www.polizei.hessen.de/interne...700266cb59.htm
    Seit dem 20.11.2009 wird der 22- jährige Devon HOLLAHAN vermisst, nachdem er ein Konzert in Frankfurt besucht hatte.
    Zusammen mit einem Bekannten, war der junge Mann am 20.11.2009 extra aus Prag angereist, um das Konzert zu besuchen. Der amerikanische Staatsbürger arbeitet dort als Lehrer und hat daher seinen Lebensmittelpunkt in der tschechischen Hauptstadt. Letztmalig wurde er am 21.11.2009 gegen 03.00 Uhr in der Frankfurter Innenstadt, möglicherweise an der Taunusanlage, gesehen. Aktuell gibt es keine Kontakte zu oder von dem Vermissten.
    Sachdienliche Hinweise nimmt die Vermisstenstelle der Frankfurter Polizei unter der Rufnummer 069/ 755- 51108, der Kriminaldauerdienst unter der Rufnummer 069/755-53110 sowie jede andere Polizeidienststelle entgegen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2290504.stm

BBC News Online looks back at Germany's history of high-profile kidnappings, some of which ended bloodily:

September 2002 Police confirm the death of Jakob von Metzler, 11, of the Metzler banking dynasty whose abandoned body is found in a lake north of Frankfurt after the payment of a ransom of one million euros (about $1m). A suspect is arrested.
    October 1996 Jakub Fiszman, a Frankfurt millionaire businessman, is kidnapped and murdered despite the payment of a ransom of 4 m marks ($2.6 m). A man is later arrested. Mr Fiszman's six-year-old nephew, Peter Fiszman, was kidnapped in 1991 in Cologne along with a schoolmate but both were released two days later after a ransom was paid.
    March 1996 Hamburg tobacco heir Jan Philipp Reemtsma is abducted and held for one month before his captors free him in return for 30 m marks ($13 m). A suspect is extradited from Argentina for trial in Germany in 2000.

see link for more kidnappings in Germany.

Arizona Man Devon Hollahan Missing in Germany

http://www.ecademy.com/node.php?id=139486

The following is apparently no HOAX and a real call for help from Devon's father Josh Hollahan

"My son, Devon Hollahan, disappeared in Frankfurt, Germany on Saturday, November 21st at approximately 3AM, local time. Devon and his friend, Josh Friedman, had taken a train from Prague, where they both live and work, on Friday, the 20th to attend a concert in Frankfurt and to stay for the remainder of the weekend. Both Josh and Devon had purchased round-trip train tickets.

According to Josh, they had enjoyed the concert, attended the "after party", and had taken a cab to central Frankfurt to look for their hostel. They had been drinking. Beer, mostly and, according to Josh, they were "tipsy", but not inebriated. After looking for several minutes, Josh stepped away from Devon to ask a couple of bystanders for directions. When he turned around, Devon was nowhere to be seen. After attempting to text and phone Devon numerous times, Josh gave up and went to the hostel. The following morning, he checked with the hostel to see if Devon had checked in on his own and found out he had not. He also checked a couple of other nearby hostels to no avail. At some point Saturday, Josh contacted the Frankfurt police and the US Consulate to file a missing person report. He waited for Devon at the train station at the appointed departure time, but Devon never showed up.

Josh called me from Prague at around 3PM MST to give me the news.

We have German-speaking friends who called the Frankfurt Police to consider options. At 12:30 AM, Monday morning, I called the US Consulate and spoke to Franz Seitz who was already familiar with the case. We spoke for 30 minutes. Mr. Seitz was very receptive and helpful. We discussed Devon's credit card activity, which wasn't (and still isn't) unusual. He had made 2 stops at ATMs in addition to purchasing train tickets in Prague - nothing since. Early this morning, I received an email from Mr. Seitz indicating the had checked ambulance services, hospitals and jails with no results. I believe the consulate has spoken to Mr. Friedman at least once and maybe twice.

I am obviously concerned for my son. Always an independent soul, he is also responsible and diligent. This type of behavior is totally out of character.

Devon Hollahan is 22 years old, 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds. When last seen, Devon was wearing a green, plaid shirt, jeans, a black work jacket (sport coat?) and a tan cap. He was last seen in the vicinity of the Taunusalange metro station in central Frankfurt. Pictures are attached.

I can be contacted at 602-571-4547 (cell) or email
    Franz Seitz at the US Consulate, Frankfurt: 011-49-69-7535-2516 (office) or 011-49-175-726-8343 (cell)
    Josh Freidman, Prague: 011-420-773-695-268 (cell)

Thank you for your help,

Jeff Hollahan"

Should you want to learn more about the search efforts, there will be a meeting tomorrow morning, December 1st, at 10am; below are the details re: the gathering from Beth Hollahan:

"Pastor Myers -
    Thank you so much for your email and prayers of support for my nephew.
    We are all terrified and gladly receiving support from all over the world.
    I think the most immediate thing you can do in addition to your prayers,
    is to ask your congregation to help us in the search. We are creating a
    gathering on Tues Dec 1 at 10:00 am at the park east of the Frankfurt
    Marriott (Hamburger Allee 2, 60486 Frankfurt, Phone: +49 69 7955 0).
    There is a lake in the park and a "stage" on the lake.
    We will see you there. Please pass this to your friends, tweet, retweet.
    Let's find Devon."

Thank you so much for helping pass the word and for your prayers for the Hollahan family.

(Rev. Dr.) Jeffrey Myers

http://www.thelocal.de/noticeboard/10271/

My prayers are with Devon and his family. Hopefully, today they will find some answers.

Unhappy

Father and Aunt are in Frankfurt. The group meeting was held today, Tuesday, 1 Dec at 10 am (circa 16.00 hrs now). River near by. Search dogs will get clothing from apt in Prague.
    article/video

http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns...987290277.html

Comments page 6-from link posted by Patience above (thanks Patience)

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/i...157601-75.html

from firend of Devon's roomate.

The posters on the site Patience and Petra linked are saying it's pretty unlikely that he could have fallen into the river (that site seems like a good source for information).

They are speculating it would have taken around 10 minutes to "stumble" over to the river and then be unlikely to fall in. Also, someone said that area is dammed on both ends and so a body would not get far.

One poster quotes police from this article as saying:

“Their plan is to review the information on his laptop to see if there’s anything that suggests that maybe he had other plans once he got to Frankfurt.”

He added, “They will also get some of his clothes to send to Frankfurt to help the team with search dogs.”

Does anyone know when and where the last verified sighting of Devon was, besides the friend's statement? Was the cab driver located and interviewed?

I wonder what has happened with the search dogs.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    From the Today Show:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/342208...ple/?GT1=43001

My fiance's best friend is an American teacher in Prague. I will have to ask him if by any chance he knows Devon.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast