1126 users online (197 members and 929 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Dying man robbed in emergency room

It's things like this horrific crime that make me wonder just what the he*l is wrong with people. This hospital is not far from my home.

Joaquin Rivera aged 63 walked the two blocks from his home to the hospital after suffering pains in his chest and left arm. As poor Mr. Rivera lay dying a man took the watch off his arm and showed it to his companions. This was after Mr. Rivera sat for an hour and 15 minutes after signing in at Aria Health's Emergency Room. The piece of c*rap that took the watch from this poor man had been called for his turn in the ER.

Richard Atten aged 44 from Florida was arrested. His companions described as "homeless drug addicts" had left the hospital and are still out there.

Mr. Rivera worked for the Philadelphia school system and was a professional musician. Bless this man's family. I mean how sad can this be?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local..._dead_man.html

Not only is the theft disgusting but why was he waiting over an hour when signs were pointing to strong potential of a heart attack?
    [/I]

If he had come to the hospital by ambulance, he may have been seen quicker. This is really sad. May he rest in peace, prayers to his family.
    Debbie

To catch a criminal, you must think like one. (Professor Hamre)

This is so so so sad. My prayers and thoughts to his family.

I wish someone would have come to this poor man and held his hand or comforted him in his final moments. Instead some POS steals from him. Unbelievable.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

That is so disgusting, some people have no soul, i swear, how could anyone steal from someone who is dying?? I hope they have their own judgement day when their time comes and they find it very hot down there..
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Yes once again Philadelphia has hit the lowest of lows when it comes to truly offensive crimes. Last week it was the sexual assault and rape of a woman kidnapped from a bar and taken against her will to a nearby home to be raped and assaulted for hours. This week we have a man who was left in his last moments to be robbed. No one intervened in either case.. and why did no one notice this man needed attention .multiple people walked past him but did nothing.. and why was a man with chest pains left to sit for that long with out being triaged or checked? The woman in the bar again was inappropriaely touched and assaulted in the bar but again no one did a thing.. these cases are just so wrong on so many levels.. I hope this man has found peace as I hope his family will. And i hope this woman is able to heal and recover from her assault.

They've arrested the second POS involved in this horrendous case.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br.../78520967.html

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    It's things like this horrific crime that make me wonder just what the he*l is wrong with people. This hospital is not far from my home.

Joaquin Rivera aged 63 walked the two blocks from his home to the hospital after suffering pains in his chest and left arm. As poor Mr. Rivera lay dying a man took the watch off his arm and showed it to his companions. This was after Mr. Rivera sat for an hour and 15 minutes after signing in at Aria Health's Emergency Room. The piece of c*rap that took the watch from this poor man had been called for his turn in the ER.

Richard Atten aged 44 from Florida was arrested. His companions described as "homeless drug addicts" had left the hospital and are still out there.

Mr. Rivera worked for the Philadelphia school system and was a professional musician. Bless this man's family. I mean how sad can this be?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local..._dead_man.html
    What concerns me more is that the man (sounds like he was having a heart attack from the description of chest pain and arm pain) sat in the emergency room for over an hour and died before seeing a doctor, then the fact that somebody took his watch.
    This man doesn't need a watch at where he is at, and I am pretty sure it helps for the positive outcome for someone with symptoms of heart attack to be treated as soon as possible.