1174 users online (157 members and 1017 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #1

A $5,000 reward is being offered in the search for a missing Florida Lottery winner from Polk County.

Abraham Shakespeare won $31 million in 2006. The 43-year-old was last seen in the Lakeland area in early April.

The reward was announced Tuesday by the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Spokeswoman Donna Wood had previously said that perhaps Shakespeare does not want to be found, but authorities still need to ask for the public's help in locating him.

In April 2007, Shakespeare was sued by a co-worker who alleged that Shakespeare had stolen the tickets from him.

Authorities say Shakespeare won the suit in October 2007.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Poor guy, he couldn't read or write, anyone want to bet on foul play? Check out his financial manager

I would check out the guy who sued him in 2007 claiming that the ticket was his. I'm sure he was not to happy when he lost.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

What a strange case! After reading the first link on this page, I was wondering why there wasn't a pic. The next link had one.

Shakespeare's friend Dixon looks so much like him. Then we have this mysterious Moore woman. It would seem like LE needs more answers from her. Maybe LE should ask her to take a polygraph, lol. Dixon should take one as well. No one has to, tho, so I doubt they would.

As for the co-worker who claims Shakespeare had stolen the lottery ticket from him; evidently he could not prove it was stolen.

Poor guy cannot read or write, so I tend to think Ms. Moore has really taken him for a ride.

Hope this gets resolved!
    Last edited by LaLaw2000; 12-03-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: corrected name
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Considering the fact that he was sued by a co-worker for allegedly taking the tickets from him/her...I say the co-worker is going to be the first place to start.

I think so too, KaylynnCouture!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Here's a pretty interesting article from 2007 when he went to trial over the lotto winnings..
    Lawsuit Over Lotto Winnings Goes to Trial
    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...-Goes-to-Trial

Lotto Trial Centers on Tax Returns
    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...On-Tax-Returns
    Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 12-02-2009 at 05:30 PM.

The Wood woman is a spokesperson for the Polk Sheriff's office.
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 12-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Cindi Lou

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...911245058/1338

"Polk County property records show Shakespeare's North Lakeland home, bought in January 2007 for about $1 million, and all his other real estate holdings and mortgages recorded at the courthouse were sold or assigned this year to American Medical Professionals, PEO, LLC, of Plant City, a medical staffing company.
    State records show that company is owned by a woman named DeeDee Moore."

(taken from article)

The situation with this Moore woman sounds rather strange. IMO.

Prayers that Mr Shakespeare is okay, the article seems to paint a rather grim picture. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...911245058/1338

"Polk County property records show Shakespeare's North Lakeland home, bought in January 2007 for about $1 million, and all his other real estate holdings and mortgages recorded at the courthouse were sold or assigned this year to American Medical Professionals, PEO, LLC, of Plant City, a medical staffing company.
    State records show that company is owned by a woman named DeeDee Moore."

(taken from article)

The situation with this Moore woman sounds rather strange. IMO.

Prayers that Mr Shakespeare is okay, the article seems to paint a rather grim picture. JMO.
    Wow, the whole story is really crazy. I wonder how the ledger got pics from her ms. I was able to look at it googling the myspace address but I couldnt click on the pics.
    Cindi Lou

hohoho

this is fishy - in fact, he's clearly a sketchy person to begin with & probably not hanging in the most honorable of circles

claimed $32 for a yearly income & didn't get audited? what?!?

why would he 'sell' his $1 million home at a loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars? hmmm.

yeah, for tax purposes perhaps?

idk but all of these people need to be investigated IMO

He was reported missing the other day but I am reading that he may have been missing for months! His mother hadnt heard from him in 5-6 months.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...d_offered.html
    Cindi Lou

I have to add, I am really worried about this guy. Sometimes having everything that you could imagine can bring things that you would never imagine. I think he got more then he barganed for and this DeeDee woman saying that he's living somewhere with some woman and she would give the reporters her name and didn't leaves a really bad acidy feeling in my stomach. I think something has happened to Abraham and it probably happened well before November IMO.
    Cindi Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I have to add, I am really worried about this guy. Sometimes having everything that you could imagine can bring things that you would never imagine. I think he got more then he barganed for and this DeeDee woman saying that he's living somewhere with some woman and she would give the reporters her name and didn't leaves a really bad acidy feeling in my stomach. I think something has happened to Abraham and it probably happened well before November IMO.
    BBM. Especially when the person can't read or write and most likely got taken advantage of my many people.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast