Friday 's hearing, what do you predict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Casey Anthony back in court next week
Updated: Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:36 AM EST
<snipped>
Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Article:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...-back-in-court

I thought the judge already ruled on the motion about videotaping the attorney client visits some months ago. Does anyone recall that, or did he simply seal the video of her for the time being?

I predict a weary judge and a lot of wasted time. I am hoping most of the motions get struck down...but I guess we will see.

I predict another step completed in the process of convicting KC. I predict motions made by the defense to be carefully considered by SS and ruled on appropriately. I predict another door to an appeal being closed and locked.

I predict that on the check fraud charges, SS will not drop any. According the the legal information that has been posted here over the last several months, what she is charged with is not double jeopardy.

I predict that on the unconstitutionality of the death penalty, that too will be dismissed or whatever you call it. Florida's death penalty laws have been this way for a very long time and have not been proven unconstitutional before and I am sure that many have tried.

I thought this was a pre-trial hearing regarding the check fraud trial (that it was originally scheduled for the 18th then bumped up a week). Was it changed again?

I predict a lot of "motion denied" by JS.

December 11th? Isn't that the day Caylee's remains were found?

I have a strange feeling we will see an emotional Casey at the hearing.....
Emotional for herself.

December 11th? Isn't that the day Caylee's remains were found?

I have a strange feeling we will see an emotional Casey at the hearing.....
Emotional for herself.

I wanna say they were found the 14th. But I'm not certain.

Motion to destroy video of family visits...I predict this will be struck down.
I must comment on this statement..."the jail should also be held responsible for Miss Anthony's emotional well-being"...are they kidding! :floorlaugh:

Motion to Prohibit Videotaping Attorney Visits...all I can say is there must be a lot of stuff on those videos that the defense doesn't want to get out. Can't predict on this one but I hope it gets tossed and we get to see and/or hear the recordings.

Motion for Statement of Particulars Providing Notice of Aggravating Circumstances...this one will probably produce the next doc. dump.

I can't get the rest of the motions to open so I'll give my :2cents: on those motions later.

Yes, the remains were found the 11th.

This should go in the coincidence thread....

Since the videos of her & her attorneys do not contain audio, I'm thinking that will get denied with the rest of the motions.

My prediction is that much will be made about how KC looks like crap after all this time in jail, 100 people will comment everywhere about what she's wearing, and JB will get lots of sound bites of him looking especially moronic!

I could be wrong...

I thought the judge already ruled on the motion about videotaping the attorney client visits some months ago. Does anyone recall that, or did he simply seal the video of her for the time being?

That was on the video of when Caylee was found.

The jail video tapes the room where the Attorney visits their clients. For a saftey reason. In case a client attacks the attorney (it has happened), etc. The voices are not recorded.

The jail said it wasn't going to give KC special treatment. Not video taping would be considered special treatment. And I don't see the Judge interfering with that. It's been considered acceptable and within the law.

Basically, unless they are doing something they shouldn't, those tapes are not going to be seen. IF they are, then it's he will be the one in trouble. So it's a mute point to the case.

The family tapes, they are trying to keep them from the courtroom and the jury. But there is a sign right there, that says they are being recorded and it can be used in the courtroom. So again, don't see this going anywhere.

I don't understand..
Why would Baez file another motion to destroy video tapes with Casey's family?
I seriously thought all of those had already been released?
Are there more that we don't know about? Has George and Cindy been seeing Casey all along?

I predict lots of :croc: :loser: :banghead: :crazy: :waitasec: :furious: :woohoo: :dance: :snooty: :sick: :boohoo: :eek: :clap: :chicken: :rolleyes: :laugh: :argue: and :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627