Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Dominick's lawyer filed a Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition and Motion for Protective Order

It is a motion that Dominick Casey wants a protective order so he does not have to be deposed, not now, not ever. He isn't facing charges that I know of, he has no grounds to ask for this that I can imagine.. I don't understand. LE already called him on this when they showed him his own email he sent to them stating he was not working for the defense at the time he was in the woods.

Last edited by The World According; 12-02-2009 at 04:52 PM.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by The World According View Post
    PDF: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition and Motion for Protective Order
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...ve%20Order.pdf
    He doesn't want anyone to know the real truth about how he KNEW Caylee was on Suburban.

IMO there was no work product involved because his contract with JB had expired. He's scared to get dragged further into this with the actual truth. Also, he doesn't want everyone to know about his affair with Cindy.

JMHO of course.
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

I also think that his "invitation" to Lee to act as an apprentice / intern may create trouble for his licensing. That was a really stupid move professionally. Not that his others were not just as bad or worse!

I believe that it is Baez that is scared to have DCasey deposed by the State. I studied one of the documents that DTennis filed recently, and just under her signature was the words "attorney for CASEY MARIE ANTHONY" (clearly a huge OOPS, and probably paperwork done by the Baez Law Firm)
    Last edited by Sun; 12-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Dominic definitely knows something that he does not want to have to let out of the bag.

We know that he has outright lied about who he was working for when on more than one occassion and that changes based on who he is talking to at the time.

I think that he does not want to have to tell who he was actually on the phone with during his search on Suburban.

It is going to be proved that he lied about the psychic and there is going to be a reason why he searched when he did.

I also have to wonder if he searched more than the one time that was video tapes and did find something which was reported to CA and GA, but Kronk got there and found the body before they could decide what to do about it.

CA did not want TM searching that area.
    DC searches while on the phone with a supposed psychic but the psychic can not produce phone records to prove it.
    DC lies about his contracts which were with so many people at one time that I am amazed that he could keep it straight.
    DC tries to avoid having to give a deposition doing everything short of moving to a foreign country to avoid it.

There is definitely something there that would be devastating to him and to KCs case if it got out.

If he was on the up and up and really doesn't know anything there would be no reason to fight the depos so hard.
    Last edited by 100%Agave; 12-02-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Because he doesn't want to be questioned under oath about who sent him to Suburban and who he was on the phone with. He KNEW Caylee was off Suburban. I am sure that they can link that telephone call to someone close to the A clan if not directly to an A. And if the SA can prove it with verified records then Casey's goose is cooked.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Because he doesn't want to be questioned under oath about who sent him to Suburban and who he was on the phone with. He KNEW Caylee was off Suburban. I am sure that they can link that telephone call to someone close to the A clan if not directly to an A. And if the SA can prove it with verified records then Casey's goose is cooked.
    Don't you think the FBI has probably already done this? BTW- how would the FBI go about doing it without anyone finding out? Their rules are different, right?
    Last edited by RR0004; 12-02-2009 at 11:36 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    He doesn't want anyone to know the real truth about how he KNEW Caylee was on Suburban.

IMO there was no work product involved because his contract with JB had expired. He's scared to get dragged further into this with the actual truth. Also, he doesn't want everyone to know about his affair with Cindy.

JMHO of course.

IMO...It had to be Lee.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatrice For This Useful Post:

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Don't you think the FBI has probably already done this? BTW- how would the FBI go about doing it without anyone finding out? There rules are different, right?
    I imagine the FBI does have records. And getting documents from the FBI is much more difficult than a state run agency. If it is the FBI who has those documents we won't hear about it for a while. Unless the depo goes through and they offer that evidence as an exhibit to the depo and the SA puts the depo up on the court record (docket).
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    IMO...It had to be Lee.
    and I tend to agree with you. It also would answer why the police said "Lee knows what he's done" ...
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:

Maybe they all got tired of waiting on the facts/evidence.
    Lee seems to know a secret he will not divulge (C.M.A.)
    Seems the pavers (long bricks) marked the spot.
    DC was at the wrong pavers.

Just like the meter reader, psychics
    I also felt this was the place.
    Last edited by Beatrice; 12-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beatrice For This Useful Post:

The FBI will not release any docs that are still being investigated or related to any other active cases. The discovery process is different for those.

19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

and I tend to agree with you. It also would answer why the police said "Lee knows what he's done" ...
    Don't forget the abandoned house at Hopespring & Suburban.
    Owed by a "Gonzales"?
    WHERE had Casey been keeping Caylee on her nights out?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beatrice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    I believe that it is Baez that is scared to have DCasey deposed by the State. I studied one of the documents that DTennis filed recently, and just under her signature was the words "attorney for CASEY MARIE ANTHONY" (clearly a huge OOPS, and probably paperwork done by the Baez Law Firm)
    Yes, that is why I believe also. Maybe DC has stated that if he is deposed he WILL tell the truth and not lie like the rest of the bunch? Just a thought?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waiting4change For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waiting4change View Post
    Yes, that is why I believe also. Maybe DC has stated that if he is deposed he WILL tell the truth and not lie like the rest of the bunch? Just a thought?
    I think he knows something that will bust this case wide open..but..
    He doesn't want to ruin his relationship with Cindy..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

How can it be privileged when DC discussed the search with JH and he did not work for DC or JB? Also he discussed things with the A's. They certainly are not covered by attorney-client priviledge. Guess JB paid DC what he was owed.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Probably one of the 4 "bat-phones" Lee bought for Casey, Cindy, George, and himself......can't remember those numbers now of course or where the phones are now for that matter. Those Bat-phones may come back to bite Dom Casey in his behind.

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SURVIVING_INSANITY For This Useful Post:

Does anyone think Dom Casey will turn state's witness and "roll over" on the Anthonys?? Are there negotiations being worked out? Immunity from prosecution in exchange for information? OR--we have to get him to actually give a depo first? Just curious! Thanks.

PS: JMO--I AGREE that Dom Casey had "insider information" as to the whereabouts of poor little Caylee.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RainyGirl View Post
    Does anyone think Dom Casey will turn state's witness and "roll over" on the Anthonys?? Are there negotiations being worked out? Immunity from prosecution in exchange for information? OR--we have to get him to actually give a depo first? Just curious! Thanks.

PS: JMO--I AGREE that Dom Casey had "insider information" as to the whereabouts of poor little Caylee.
    No I don't. I think DC is in this about as knee deep as the rest of the A's.

I don't think the SA NEEDS his testimony but I do think his testimony would be the final nail in Casey's coffin, if his testimony were ever to be admitted. Of course he's also not a terribly credible witness to begin with, so you would have to take whatever he said with a grain of salt.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    How can it be privileged when DC discussed the search with JH and he did not work for DC or JB? Also he discussed things with the A's. They certainly are not covered by attorney-client priviledge. Guess JB paid DC what he was owed.
    This exactly. It's a very sticky situation whenever you involve another party into what is otherwise privileged information, it completely waives any and all privilege.

I personally don't believe DC was acting as an agent for the defense anywhere near the time frame of November. Not to mention I'm not certain he ever really was an agent for the defense at any time.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:

DC went off the record with LE in his original interview at the time when they asked him if anyone gave him instructions about what to do if he found the body. They came back on record and moved ahead with the interview, IIRC.

He does not want to say the same things under oath, and no one has offered him immunity that I know of. After his taped interview with LE hit the airwaves, he started getting cagey-He was nasty to ZG's lawyers, then started to turn on the state and file these motions we are seeing now.
    He began to lie about the times frames of his service engagements with JB, KC and CA/GA. I will post links to his conflicting statements regarding his legal agreements, if anyone needs them-But all you have to do is listen to his interview with LE, then look at his motions and his testimony before Judge Rodriguez (what little of it the judge allowed).

This exactly. It's a very sticky situation whenever you involve another party into what is otherwise privileged information, it completely waives any and all privilege.

I personally don't believe DC was acting as an agent for the defense anywhere near the time frame of November. Not to mention I'm not certain he ever really was an agent for the defense at any time.
    If indeed he supposedly was, but was never paid his fee, does that nullify any contract he would have had with work privilege/through JB? I remember JH saying DC told him he was owed $90K and I don't think he meant all of that was to be paid by the Anthonys, IIRC.

If he signed on directly as an agent for KC because JB did not have the money to pay him through his firm, would anything he did for KC have any kind of privilege? Also, those simultaneous contracts he kept mentioning; no one has yet to review them, have they?
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cecybeans For This Useful Post:

I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

Last December, as a follow-up, Yuri Malich went to the Anthony home with a search warrant. Present were Cindy, George, the Milsteads, DC, and I think JH. Cindy told Yuri, "I sent someone to search that area last month and nothing was there." It was also at that time that Cindy admitted that Caylee's Winnie-the-Pooh blanket was missing - something she had previously withheld.

I've always felt that there was something very hinky about DC's search. I think the psychic's participation in that search was a cover for who really supplied the information on where Caylee's remains were located. The psychic did state in an interview that she had spoken to Cindy on the phone, and Cindy had sent her a stuffed animal that had belonged to Caylee.

I think the whole thing was a set up.........Cindy or Lee got the information from Casey on where to find Caylee. Cindy told the psychic some details, and if ever questioned, the psychic was to say that she had a vision of where Caylee was.

I think DC was part of the planning on how to make it look like something it wasn't..........a psychic leading him to Caylee's remains. Remember his words to JH - "We're going to go get Caylee." He KNEW where she was, at least the general vicinity, and was confident he would find her.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.
    My posts are my opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.
    Snipped and BBM...JH said in his LE interview that DC was talking on the phone to whomever was describing where to look. LE did not ask him how he knew that, so I can only guess that JH knew this because DC was asking the person questions in earshot of JH.
    Since we (I) know it wasn't some woman from Virginia, who was it that was giving him instruction, or that he was asking for instruction?
    JH could have been speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    Thanks for your post. So, if DC wanted to assert some sort of privilage between he and KC, he would need to change his motion, correct?

DC stated to LE that he terminated his agreement with JB on 10/01/2008.
    This recording begins at the part in the interview where they go through this with DC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVRt...eature=related

Carrying this over to DC is scared thread, too.
    Carried over from RHornsby thread, this video addresses when DC was working for JB.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast