1207 users online (267 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Jamaica Smith, 39, Queens, 25 November 2009

http://wcbstv.com/local/jamaica.smit...2.1346250.html

Queens Mom Vanishes After Dropping Daughter Off

It's been a week now, Vereen said, since then. Last Wednesday morning, Smith took her 6-year-old daughter to school on a bus, the Laurelton School, PS 156. The child showed up safely, but Smith has not been seen since.

Family members say they've heard talk that there was a man seen in the neighborhood around the school, speaking suggestively to women, including Smith.

"As far as I know there was a guy that was giving girls compliments in the neighborhood," said Vereen. "I guess he made compliments when she was walking by or something, that she was pretty, and stuff like that."
    Welcome to the world Bridget!

Smith stands 5-9 and weighs approximately 160 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue jacket, gray sweater, blue jeans and black and white rain boots.
    http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...630&isRss=true
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Search Continues For Missing Mom

I can't really find anything else on this..
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I read the Post article on my train ride home tonight. I haven't seen this on the news yet. She is a pretty woman. The guy in the van sounds very sketchy. I wonder why the police said they didn't think foul play was involved.

From Grace's link:

From the school, Smith was to walk a few blocks to the home of her recently deceased mother to meet a carpet installer, but she never showed up.

I hope LE thoroughly checked out the carpet installer's story about her not showing up.

ETA: never mind...I read the link that JLM posted & it said Jamaica was supposed to meet her sister there..
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 12-02-2009 at 10:21 PM.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    From Grace's link:

From the school, Smith was to walk a few blocks to the home of her recently deceased mother to meet a carpet installer, but she never showed up.

I hope LE thoroughly checked out the carpet installer's story about her not showing up.
    In one of the link's I posted it stated she was supposed to meet her sister there too, so my guess is whatever happened, happened on the way to the house she was supposed to meet them at
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

My family lives in Queens. There was a rapist in area but I think he was arrested. I'll have to check.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=7149177

Quote Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
    In one of the link's I posted it stated she was supposed to meet her sister there too, so my guess is whatever happened, happened on the way to the house she was supposed to meet them at
    thanks - I hadn't read your post yet, JLM....now we're left w/ some unknown creep stalker guy to wonder about.

I have no idea what the streets of Queens are like -- is it really likely no one saw anything suspicious happening while she was walking to meet her sister?
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Posted video/article to my FB.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I am hoping there are security cameras at the school, maybe the stalker has been caught on tape, as he seemed to be there morning and afternoon.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

thanks - I hadn't read your post yet, JLM....now we're left w/ some unknown creep stalker guy to wonder about.

I have no idea what the streets of Queens are like -- is it really likely no one saw anything suspicious happening while she was walking to meet her sister?
    When I lived in NYC, I lived down near Wall Street in Manhattan.. I moved there from Central, NY to take a job, the first thing my boss told me was to stay out of queens and brooklyn.. I didn't listen, and decided to go to a party at a co-workers house at night. I was scared out of my wits.. but.. I also grew up in a suburb.. so.. I'm sure all parts have their better neighborhoods and bad.. I just wonder about hers..
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

It depends on what area of Queens you are in. It is a big place some neighborhoods are very nice while others are not. St. Albans is considered a middle-class, residential neighborhood.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Unhappy Uniondale body ID'd as missing Queens mom

<snip>

UNIONDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have identified a body found by a meter reader to be that of a missing Queens mother.

Police say 39-year-old Jamaica Smith was found in a boarded-up home at 621 Kruss Street in Uniondale, and the case has been declared a homicide.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=7159531

Prayers for the family & friends, and for LE to find the monster who took her away from them.

RIP, Jamaica.

Last edited by Texas Mist; 12-08-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added link to story :(
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    How terrible for her family. My heart goes out to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast