GUILTY NY - Jamaica Smith, 39, Queens, 25 November 2009

Grace1984

Reaction score
http://wcbstv.com/local/jamaica.smith.missing.2.1346250.html

Queens Mom Vanishes After Dropping Daughter Off

It's been a week now, Vereen said, since then. Last Wednesday morning, Smith took her 6-year-old daughter to school on a bus, the Laurelton School, PS 156. The child showed up safely, but Smith has not been seen since.

Family members say they've heard talk that there was a man seen in the neighborhood around the school, speaking suggestively to women, including Smith.

"As far as I know there was a guy that was giving girls compliments in the neighborhood," said Vereen. "I guess he made compliments when she was walking by or something, that she was pretty, and stuff like that."

I read the Post article on my train ride home tonight. I haven't seen this on the news yet. She is a pretty woman. The guy in the van sounds very sketchy. I wonder why the police said they didn't think foul play was involved.

From Grace's link:

From the school, Smith was to walk a few blocks to the home of her recently deceased mother to meet a carpet installer, but she never showed up.

I hope LE thoroughly checked out the carpet installer's story about her not showing up.

ETA: never mind...I read the link that JLM posted & it said Jamaica was supposed to meet her sister there..

From Grace's link:

From the school, Smith was to walk a few blocks to the home of her recently deceased mother to meet a carpet installer, but she never showed up.

I hope LE thoroughly checked out the carpet installer's story about her not showing up.

In one of the link's I posted it stated she was supposed to meet her sister there too, so my guess is whatever happened, happened on the way to the house she was supposed to meet them at

In one of the link's I posted it stated she was supposed to meet her sister there too, so my guess is whatever happened, happened on the way to the house she was supposed to meet them at

thanks - I hadn't read your post yet, JLM....now we're left w/ some unknown creep stalker guy to wonder about.

I have no idea what the streets of Queens are like -- is it really likely no one saw anything suspicious happening while she was walking to meet her sister?

I am hoping there are security cameras at the school, maybe the stalker has been caught on tape, as he seemed to be there morning and afternoon.

thanks - I hadn't read your post yet, JLM....now we're left w/ some unknown creep stalker guy to wonder about.

I have no idea what the streets of Queens are like -- is it really likely no one saw anything suspicious happening while she was walking to meet her sister?

When I lived in NYC, I lived down near Wall Street in Manhattan.. I moved there from Central, NY to take a job, the first thing my boss told me was to stay out of queens and brooklyn.. I didn't listen, and decided to go to a party at a co-workers house at night. I was scared out of my wits.. but.. I also grew up in a suburb.. so.. I'm sure all parts have their better neighborhoods and bad.. I just wonder about hers..

It depends on what area of Queens you are in. It is a big place some neighborhoods are very nice while others are not. St. Albans is considered a middle-class, residential neighborhood.

<snip>

UNIONDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have identified a body found by a meter reader to be that of a missing Queens mother.

Police say 39-year-old Jamaica Smith was found in a boarded-up home at 621 Kruss Street in Uniondale, and the case has been declared a homicide.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7159531

Prayers for the family & friends, and for LE to find the monster who took her away from them.

RIP, Jamaica.

:(

How terrible for her family. My heart goes out to them.

I'm so sick of this,probably a RSO let go early and put back in our neighborhoods.

RIP Jamaica... Hopefully they found the monster who took you too early.... :rose:

I was so hoping she would be found safe.

RIP Jamaica. Prayers for your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back