MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Terms of Service - Short Plain Language Version

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Brought over from previous thread posted by Hoppy.

Terms of Service

Please review them and be sure your posts fall within TOS guidelines.

This is also another important rule to know:

Everyone please read - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please Continue...

I think that AB was wanting to talk about it. She had held it in for as long as she could. She was excited and wanted to "brag" about it. I brought this up before, I would love to know her demeanor on the walk to show them the grave site and if she seemed excited at seeing the site again. I doubt that she would have had a chance to return there with LE in the area prior to her taking them there. If her confession turns out to be inadmissable it is a shame. IMO even if there was an atty present she would have ran her mouth. The atty would be the "authority" she doesn't listen to in that situation. Whoever was asking her about her actions and giving her the attention about it would be her "buddy". I don't doubt that LE would use her own attitude to their advantage. But that brings us back to the mental illness.

I think that AB was wanting to talk about it. She had held it in for as long as she could. She was excited and wanted to "brag" about it. I brought this up before, I would love to know her demeanor on the walk to show them the grave site and if she seemed excited at seeing the site again. I doubt that she would have had a chance to return there with LE in the area prior to her taking them there. If her confession turns out to be inadmissable it is a shame. IMO even if there was an atty present she would have ran her mouth. The atty would be the "authority" she doesn't listen to in that situation. Whoever was asking her about her actions and giving her the attention about it would be her "buddy". I don't doubt that LE would use her own attitude to their advantage. But that brings us back to the mental illness.

I was going to bring this over. I'd love to see if she was cocky and proud as she led them to the place they had already searched.. Almost like.. "HA!" Or if she was dragging her butt, knowing that she was about to go to jail, and if she could have just kept her trap shut, they would have never found her..

Search teams searched where Elizabeth had been buried thoroughly. If Alyssa just could have kept it to herself, she'd be a free girl right now..

I guess loose lips really do sink ships..

I just want to comment one last time before I take my self imposed exile from this thread for a while that I am indeed very suspicous of LE for many reasons. When I finished law school I wanted nothing more than to rid the streets of criminals and I went to work for the DAs office as a prosecutor believe it or not, after a few years of that I quickly began to lose interest due to the politically motivated nature of many prosecutions, the DA is an elected official and many times the decisions to prosecute are based on politics and sometimes very sloppy police work. I soon left that profession and developed a great distaste for our legal system and pursued a career in journalism which is what I do now, not long ago I renewed my bar membership and started a part time criminal defense practice that mostly deals with DUI representation and other small issues, I dont take major cases because I dont have the time to work two careers but as time goes by I will build up my practice and start working bigger cases. My point in all of this is that I have seen both sides of the justice system and while there are a lot of shady defense attorneys out there, there are just as many shady prosecutors working for an elected DA whose job security depends on prosecuting as many people as possible even if it means putting away people who may sometimes be innocent and yes I have a major problem with that and I dont shy away from expressing it.

Carry on my friends and keep up the good work.

So now, we'll probably have to wait until the trial for more evidence to pick apart.. unless perhaps there will be disclosure hearings like with Casey Anthony.. hmmm.. anyone know if that could possibly happen?

I am always so appreciative of criminal defense attorneys - they make sure we are afforded our Constitutional rights. Actually, I'm appreciative of all those who value our Constitution.

So now, we'll probably have to wait until the trial for more evidence to pick apart.. unless perhaps there will be disclosure hearings like with Casey Anthony.. hmmm.. anyone know if that could possibly happen?

I am not sure. Is that different from pre trial hearing?

I just want to comment one last time before I take my self imposed exile from this thread for a while that I am indeed very suspicous of LE for many reasons. When I finished law school I wanted nothing more than to rid the streets of criminals and I want to work for the DAs office as a prosecutor believe it or not, after a few years of that I quickly began to lose interest due to the politically motivated nature of many prosecutions, the DA is an elected official and many times the decisions to prosecute are based on politics and sometimes very sloppy police work. I soon left that profession and developed a great distaste for our legal system and pursued a career in journalism which is what I do now, not long ago I renewed my bar membership and started a part time criminal defense practice that mostly deals with DUI representation and other small issues, I dont take major cases because I dont have the time to work two careers but as time goes by I will build up my practice and start working bigger cases. My point in all of this is that I have seen both sides of the justice system and while there are a lot of shady defense attorneys out there, there are just as many shadey prosecutors working of an elected DA whose job security depends on prosecuting as many people as possible even if it means putting away people who may sometimes be innocent and yes I have a major problem with that and I dont shy away from expressing it.

Carry on my friends and keep up the good work.

I hope that I have said nothing to offend you. I agree that there is a sort of crookedness on both sides of the spectrum when it comes to the law, and I believe that 90% of it has to do with the politics of it.

And with that being said, I say this... MY OPINION.

I firmly believe that Alyssa Bustamante killed Elizabeth Olten in cold blood. I also believe that her confession and any evidence being used in this matter has been obtained legally and without any sort of deception. As I have stated before, Alyssa's family knows how the judicial system works. Her parents have both been in prison, so they have obviously been through a trial before. If anything was amiss in the way that LE was handling this case, I believe it would have been brought up by now. And we haven't heard anything of it.. yet. With a crime as serious and as sensitive as this, I fully trust that LE is handling this with all of the proper procedures. This is a major major case for them, and I am positive that they don't want to blow it on something as stupid as a technicality.

Now, Paximus, if you would still like your little vacation from the thread, that is your choice, and I hope you will re-join us at some point. But if you would like to stay, and continue to be a part of what were doing here, then you are also more than welcome to do that.

Lol, we don't have to WAIT for anything! We can talk about how Wednesday is the top day for murders, or how the color pink enrages people on Prozac. What about grandma's cholesteral levels, we haven't discussed that yet!

Nothing NEW has come out on this case since the PD asked to have AB sent to a mental hospital on 11/20, and we managed to generate nearly 10 pages of discussion today.

With that said, I need to leave...I'll catch up in the morning. Hope I don't miss anything!! Good night all!

I know everytime that there is a disclosure hearing in the Anthony case, we gets piles and piles of evidence and what not to sift through...

Yeh, I think I am going out on a limb here and say I am pretty sure that won't happen in Missouri.

I hope that I have said nothing to offend you. I agree that there is a sort of crookedness on both sides of the spectrum when it comes to the law, and I believe that 90% of it has to do with the politics of it.

And with that being said, I say this... MY OPINION.

I firmly believe that Alyssa Bustamante killed Elizabeth Olten in cold blood. I also believe that her confession and any evidence being used in this matter has been obtained legally and without any sort of deception. As I have stated before, Alyssa's family knows how the judicial system works. Her parents have both been in prison, so they have obviously been through a trial before. If anything was amiss in the way that LE was handling this case, I believe it would have been brought up by now. And we haven't heard anything of it.. yet. With a crime as serious and as sensitive as this, I fully trust that LE is handling this with all of the proper procedures. This is a major major case for them, and I am positive that they don't want to blow it on something as stupid as a technicality.

Now, Paximus, if you would still like your little vacation from the thread, that is your choice, and I hope you will re-join us at some point. But if you would like to stay, and continue to be a part of what were doing here, then you are also more than welcome to do that.

Thanks for that. I am not leaving the thread I just wanted things to cool down a little, it was getting a little passionate and I dont want to lose any of our comrades to a ban because of strong opinions on both sides of this issue. Like I said before she is a minor so LE needs parental consent to talk to her, if the GP gave LE consent to speak to her and the GP advised her to talk without an atty present than does present a problem with her confession and it may be something that could overturn any conviction on appeal. IF she did have an atty present then I am concerned that the atty would let her speak freely enough to LE to say something like " I just wanted to know what it feels like to kill someone." IMO if she was allowed to say that with an atty present I would have to question her lawyers competence and again that could pose a problem with the confession. When dealing with issues like this the confession is not what matters to me it is how it is obtained, if a confession has to be thrown out and a guilty person walks free in order to uphold the legal process that both the defense and prosecution MUST follow then I have no problem with that because it is that process that protects you and I and everyone on this forum from being railroaded and accused of crimes we may not have committed. I am a big picture guy thats all.

It may turn out that this entire argument is a moot point but I want to find out myself and I will do so, as a tax paying citizen I have a right to contact those who work for me and ask them if they are doing their jobs and if they arent then it is the job of the media to let the people know about that so that it doesnt continue.

Anyway thanks for the support and I enjoy each and every one of your opinions here, this is a unique group of some very sharp people who all want justice and fairness for all involved.

I know everytime that there is a disclosure hearing in the Anthony case, we gets piles and piles of evidence and what not to sift through...

The Anthony case is utter madness and I dont see this case becoming even remotely close to what that case has become but it will be a bitter fight to the end just because she is a minor being tried as an adult and those involved will be very careful to make sure things are done right, at least they are supposed to.

Paximus, I just have a little bit of a snarky remark. You said that you don't live in MO so technically you are not a taxpayer that would be paying for the AB case.

Paximus, I just have a little bit of a snarky remark. You said that you don't live in MO so technically you are not a taxpayer that would be paying for the AB case.

Ok you got me there =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member