GUILTY NM - Trinity Rains, 9 mos, shot to death, Albuquerque, 1 Dec 2009

Truthful Lies

Reaction score
..." Police say 22-year-old Christopher Rains of Albuquerque and the baby's mother, 18-year-old Ashley Trujillo, got into a heated argument Tuesday at an Albuquerque home over whether Trujillo was involved with another man.

Police allege Rains pointed a pistol at the baby's head and pulled the trigger. Rains then allegedly asked Trujillo whether her seeing another man was worth it."...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,578995,00.html

Another coward that chose to kill a child for revenge, instead of just, I don't know, taking himself out...that would have been my suggestion to him.

There seems to be a lot of this lately. One parent gets mad and kills the child to spite the other parent.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/911-caller-i-just-killed-my-daughter
In the link above, he says that he killed his daughter because he didn't want to see his girlfriend move on to someone else without him.
Other man or no other man, sounds like he was jealous of the baby.

Disgusting!!! I hope he never is given a chance to hurt/kill another human being. I really think the world is going crazy!:waitasec:

What is going on in our world?!?! There was a time when if something like this happened it would be frontpage news on every paper in the country. Now it is almost commonplace. If I didn't see it here on WS, I wonder if I would have heard about it at all!

Disgusting.

This has a lot of spots on his face and his teeth are horrible. I wonder if he's on meth? Whether he is or isn't, he did a terrible thing (an understatement I know). I can't think of a punishment that fits this crime. The death penalty would be too easy yet I the thought of him taking another breath sickens me.

Both have ms pages...no pics of the baby though. Her name was Trinity.
MS pages can be found searching NM, last names and ages.

From the above link:

'During his court appearance Wednesday another inmate attacked him.'

Good!
:mad:
fran

During his court appearance Wednesday another inmate attacked him.

A source told News 13 Eric Salazar, 27, who was being arraigned on drug charges, attacked Rains because of the crime he is accused of committing.

Rains faces a list of charges including child abuse resulting in death.

From Rains ms
Its propostrous and pathetic just live life and stop acting like the good guy were all evil when it comes down to it so just let go and raise your middle fingers in the air . oh and i love guns

This has a lot of spots on his face and his teeth are horrible. I wonder if he's on meth? Whether he is or isn't, he did a terrible thing (an understatement I know). I can't think of a punishment that fits this crime. The death penalty would be too easy yet I the thought of him taking another breath sickens me.

Responding to my own post. Doesn't seem they have the death penalty there (according to the comments after the article).

Cathy Salazar said she was with the baby's grandmother when the shooting happened. When they tried to go back to the home they were met by police.

The grandmother lived in the home with her teenage daughters and grandchild, Salazar said.
"She (the grandmother) used to be married to my cousin," she added.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/apd-baby-shot-killed-as-parents-fight

During his court appearance Wednesday another inmate attacked him.

A source told News 13 Eric Salazar, 27, who was being arraigned on drug charges, attacked Rains because of the crime he is accused of committing.

So, Eric Salazar probably knew the family. Good for him, I hope he kicked his azz!

It amazes me at how evil one person can be. How could anyone do that to an innocent baby? All of these crimes against defenseless children make me sick! Prison is way too good of a place for someone that would do something like this. :furious:

What is going on in our world?!?! There was a time when if something like this happened it would be frontpage news on every paper in the country. Now it is almost commonplace. If I didn't see it here on WS, I wonder if I would have heard about it at all!

Disgusting.

Beachy, I feel your outrage, but I am not following you. When was there a time when a story like this would be front page in every paper? If anything, the fact that we have global 24/7 news coverage these days makes sure this story gets in front of WAY more people than it ever would have in the past.

I don't think parents harming a child to hurt another parent is new news or happens more frequently than it used to. It's just, when stuff like this happened 30-40 years ago, no one talked much about it and, if they did, it remained local. IMHO.

Just when you think it can't get any worse...it does. I hope the idiot never sees the outside of a jail cell again. I'm truly disgusted.

:rose: Rest in peace baby girl. Fly with the angels.

I could just throw up. I'm almost positive that man would've left my house in a bag. There's no way I would be able to control myself, and you guys would all be discussing my case on here. That poor mother will now forever blame herself. So terrible..

:(

Oh god . . . the poor mother :( :(

I agree with SCM, we've always done these things . . . we just didn't have the means to spread the news, or the desire to announce it.

God bless that poor family and I can't put into words what I wish for the to experience for the rest of his pathetic and useless existence.

This kind of jealousy and domestic abuse is a pandemic in our society, there are uncountable women out there who live in fear from the threats of such human trash for years. How many women are there, right now, staying with their abusive for fear of what he's threatened to do if they leave? I was one of them and only my willingness to turn the violence back on him (and a piece of paper called a restraining order which I backed up, not the cops) has freed me.

I could just throw up. I'm almost positive that man would've left my house in a bag. There's no way I would be able to control myself, and you guys would all be discussing my case on here. That poor mother will now forever blame herself. So terrible..

:(
you took the words right outta my mouth ... he wouldve been dead.. no one is gonna kill my child and get away with it ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back