954 users online (153 members and 801 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firediver View Post
    Thank you. I read the previous information and articles related. Was wondering if anyone had personal ties to the family to answer additional questions?
    Did you read post #11? They claim to be a relative of one of the missing women.

Yes. I messaged her/him as well.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

VA - Ed Keyton, 81, Martha, 54, & Flora Helmick, 52, Bridgewater, 3 August 1973

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS ENTIRE POST

Dear Websleuths Members,

On August 3rd, 1973 three people went missing from Bridgewater Virgina.

The Bridgewater Virginia Chief of Police, J. M. Simmons, has reached out to Websleuths for help.

Recently a car matching the description of the vehicle believed to be driven by missing John Edwin Keyton with passengers Flora and Martha Helmick, (also missing) has been found along with some skeletal remains

Chief Simmons needs to find a relative of the missing to conduct DNA testing to see if the remains match any of the missing people.

What we need from you Websleuths members is for you to dig and find anyone who could be related to:

*John Edwin Keyton

*Flora Vesta Smith Helmick

*Martha Smith Helmick

You can find all the vital statistics, detailed information, and discussion posts by clicking on this thread VA - Ed Keyton, 81, Martha, 54, & Flora Helmick, 52, Bridgewater, 3 August 1973

If you have any questions please post them at the link above. Feel free to send me a private message or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Here comes the part you need to understand and follow closely because it goes against our normal rules:

If you find someone you believe could be related to any of the three people missing EMAIL Chief Simmons at jsimmons@bridgewater.town

Please do not contact anyone you find who could be related to these three people. Email Chief Simmons all the information and his office will contact them.

If you think you may be related to the missing, please call Chief Simmons ASAP at 540-828-2611.

Everyone, it is imperative that we handle this properly. Chief Simmons is very grateful and is giving us a chance to show what we know we can do.

This one time only, you are allowed to sleuth any family members you can find BUT, do not contact them. Send Chief Simmons any information you find out about possible family members to jsimmons@bridgewater.town.

This case is very old and the missing people were middle-aged to elderly back when they went missing in 1973. If anyone can do it you all can.

For the in-depth details including vital stats of the missing, to continue to discuss, or to post a question go toVA - Ed Keyton, 81, Martha, 54, & Flora Helmick, 52, Bridgewater, 3 August 1973
    Lastly, please use your common sense. Yes, you can post about where you are looking and what you may have found but please do not post any contact information of the possible relatives. For example, you can post, "Hey I found a granddaughter first name Gina ( I would not post any last names) in VA, Sending the police chief more info now". Again, just common sense when it comes to protecting innocent people's information

You are the best there is when it comes to sleuthing. Thank you for coming to Websleuths to help people you don't even know.

Tricia
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-27-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by TedMac View Post
    Did you read post #11? They claim to be a relative of one of the missing women.
    I was just about to point this out, in connection with Tricia's post today, but you were there ahead of me.

I'm guessing that if a family match to the two women can be established by DNA, the driver would have to be Ed by default.

I wonder where the car was found.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeegreenii View Post
    Bumping this.

My grandmother, Flora and Martha's sister mentioned in the article above, died last year still not knowing what happened to her sisters.
    Could Tricia email this person directly? They might not check their pm here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Could Tricia email this person directly? They might not check their pm here.
    Tricia's instructions say we can private message, or email her:
    If you have any questions please post them at the link above. Feel free to send me a private message or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    That might be the best way to notify Tricia about this contact scenario. Can you, or did you already, get in touch with Tricia? I just don't want all of us swamping either of her methods. IMO as usual
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    Can you, or did you already, get in touch with Tricia? I just don't want all of us swamping either of her methods. IMO as usual
    I've not messaged her, no. I'll let you or Elainera do the honours

Hi Everyone,

I attempted to contact Ladeegreenii when Chief Simmons first reached out a week or two ago. Sorry my weeks run together.

We have emailed her and sent a private message but we have yet to hear from her.

Ladeegreenii joined on August 18th and has not been back to Websleuths since then.

That's why we are trying to find other family members. I hope she contacts the police or Websleuths but it appears she joined and left the same day.

Take Care,
    Tricia

CLICK HERE

OR

You can put down your pens and pencils because we already have contact with a granddaughter thanks to a Websleuths member.

I will tell you who as soon as I get their permission.

THANK YOU. MORE LATER
    Tricia

CLICK HERE

OR

I believe I found Ladee on FB and an obituary for Flora & Martha's sister, which I have sent to Tricia to send to the Police Chief.
    Last edited by Alleykins; 09-27-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Everyone here is amazing! I appreciate the sleuthing. I was just contacted by the Chief of the Bridgewater Police Department, J. Simmons, and we're arranging for DNA testing to confirm the identity of the deceased.

Wouldn't be possible without this site - - thank you, Patricia, Chris, Joe and everyone who's making it possible to get closure for my family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeegreenii View Post
    Everyone here is amazing! I appreciate the sleuthing. I was just contacted by the Chief of the Bridgewater Police Department, J. Simmons, and we're arranging for DNA testing to confirm the identity of the deceased.

Wouldn't be possible without this site - - thank you, Patricia, Chris, Joe and everyone who's making it possible to get closure for my family!!
    Thank you for joining Websleuths Ladeegreenii. Please be sure and keep us updated on the DNA tests.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be taking this story to social media. I meant to do it today but I ran out of time.

What happened was several people came up with the same information before it was announced Ladeegreenii had been found.

Everyone was right on with their information but this time there is a bit of a twist. I'll explain more tomorrow.

G'night.

Tricia

CLICK HERE

OR

Thank you, Tricia, for keeping us up to date.
    Ladee, I'm very sorry for your loss, but hoping this brings your family closure, and glad we could help with that.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Article requires a paid subscription in order to read it.��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast